Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears she says Gannon left through the side gate with this person, who was 'sent' by someone else to get him.

So there "must" be video of that happening in front of the home, we just haven't seen it yet?
Riiiiiight. That's why there was no Amber Alert. No vehicle description, No POI description, No Suspect Named,or described. Yet LS swears they have known this the whole time. Hmmmmm So why the 'violation of her rights', why the Gun Slinging at Marshall's, why cuff the little 17 year old child. While serving the search warrant. When exactly is the last time she actually spent with LEO,investigators to actually help find Gannon??????

I wasn't assuming anything, i was just replying to one part of your theory. He very well could have obsessively checked the gate many times a day, every day. Just, based on the statement LS made, that is the only mention of the gate. After he was bandaged and "good to go" upon cutting his foot saturday night.
Understood... but SM also mentioned that GS was proud to be the man of the house while his father was away, thereby broadening the context of her statement.

Hypothetically speaking, what type of evidence could they have?
  • The last person known to have been with Gannon, lied about the circumstances under which he disappeared (he did not run away from home).
  • Video evidence from neighbors which detail comings and goings on Sunday & Monday.
  • Video evidence from sources not in the Lorson Ranch Subdivision.
  • EPCSO direct interviews with the person last known to be with Gannon.
  • One media interview and one statement from the person last known to be with Gannon.
  • Social media postings from the person last known to be with Gannon.
  • Interviews with the two minor children who also lived in the home.
  • Direct evidence from the home.
  • Direct evidence from more than one vehicle.
  • GPS data from vehicle onboard systems.
  • Potential evidence discovered outside the home, discarded by the perp.
  • Cell phone records.
  • Cell phone recording/video.
  • Interview(s) with neighbor(s) who may have witnessed something at the home on Sunday or Monday (not everyone posts their involvement on social media).
  • Interview with friends of the last known person to be with Gannon, in the days following his disappearance.
I've not had enough coffee yet, so I prob forgot to list other potential evidence. I'm sure you excellent sleuthers will come up with more.

Excellent post! So can you charge someone with murder based on this?

Without a body, what would guarantee a link between a potential perp, and murder? Meaning, what would be the evidence that would prove in court someone murdered this young man, without a body?

An artifact used as a weapon with blood/dna and/or fingerprints on it from the victim, and dna from the accused?

Photographic evidence of the crime?

It's a tough case without a body. If assumed Gannon is dead, without a body, LE relies on circumstantial evidence. That is what I believe the trips to the house, and to the search sites, are all about.

Any charge other than murder/manslaughter/involuntary manslaughter, IMO, is NOT what LE is seeking. I think this young man is deceased, and without a body, the just mentioned charges become more difficult to prove in a court of law.

Very interested in others opinions regarding the matter.

So I looked up Dan May and the Frazee case many of you have mentioned. I'm not from the Colorado area and thus not familiar with the D.A. nor with that case, but since many of you have mentioned how confident you are in him, I thought I'd look it up. I came across this article: Patrick Frazee trial: Evidence presented to the jury - which covers a lot of the evidence presented in that case. Wow. It is truly astonishing both in the breadth and depth of what his office collected. If they are conducting a similar investigation here, I suspect there are scores of people going through hundreds of hours of video, financial records, phone records, interviews, on and on. The timelines that they presented in the Frazee case - wow. They do meticulous work. And so - I understand the confidence and the patience of those here who have spoken so highly of May. If I were any one of those "major players" HardyStew mentioned as having "mostly" good intentions, I would be quaking in my shoes right now. These people will leave no stone unturned and probably already have "timelines" of each of those major players mapped out in detail.

I wasn't assuming anything, i was just replying to one part of your theory. He very well could have obsessively checked the gate many times a day, every day. Just, based on the statement LS made, that is the only mention of the gate. After he was bandaged and "good to go" upon cutting his foot saturday night.
You keyed in on a excellent point.

TS came forward with the cut & bandage (blood), and Gannon checks the gate (location blood was found) statement long after her original "he ran away" statement to LE.
She is literally telling on herself, MOO.

SBM

CM, Party of Two! We may be the only ones not convinced Gannon disappeared during the shopping trip. For me, the fact that there is so much focus on the home shows it's more likely altercations happened there, not in the truck or on the side of some road Monday afternoon. We don't have any info about the hours between 2:15 and 6 p.m.

Imagine this: Sunday night, GS is injured in a domestic incident. He's kept home from school Monday so nobody sees. TS has to take him on her errands, but they're both still very much on edge. Between stops, something happens. Maybe GS threatens to tell or call his dad, so his phone is taken away; maybe he's slapped or hit or threatened, and he's hurt and very afraid. He moves to the passenger side of the truck to be as far away from her as possible, & when they return home, he jumps out quickly to head for safety/home. What happens next could be similar to what she's said happened, only she misled the timing and the severity; i.e. GS is "helping her unload" in the garage, and gets hurt bad enough that's he's bleeding. He runs, he grabs the only key he is familiar with, and tries to leave through another door. (Speculation only, of course!)

From there, I honestly don't know. Nothing makes sense, just like, to me, nothing makes sense in the "killed in the truck between errands" situation (yet). But evidence could've been tossed randomly after the fact in order to mislead - to draw LE away from the very place the fatal injury happened: the home. If he passed away at or close to home, those "in between" hours might have been used to conceal him, clean up, make up a story (the very story that changed several times because it wasn't true). I just don't know, but - no matter how many times posters imply it ;) - questioning if GS returned home at 2:15 does NOT equate to thinking TS is not responsible for his fate. All my opinion & ponderings only.
Interesting alternative theory, thanks. While I do not think that Gannon made it back home from that shopping trip, I try to be open minded. I'd expect there to be a lot of forensic evidence there, if so.

Well here's the interview I'm talking about. At 7:34 the reporter asks "Where'd you guys go hiking?" and she responds "Garden of the Gods". In her second statement while she does mention a hike she doesn't say anything about where they went hiking or if it was crowded or not. She's only done one interview and made one statement so far to the media that I know of. I could have missed one. She said "...we did a hike on Sunday (cleared)..."

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out
Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance
I'm beginning to think I saw this statement on social media or something cause I can't find it anywhere here. :(. Guess I will leave it be for now.

SBM

CM, Party of Two! We may be the only ones not convinced Gannon disappeared during the shopping trip. For me, the fact that there is so much focus on the home shows it's more likely altercations happened there, not in the truck or on the side of some road Monday afternoon. We don't have any info about the hours between 2:15 and 6 p.m.

Imagine this: Sunday night, GS is injured in a domestic incident. He's kept home from school Monday so nobody sees. TS has to take him on her errands, but they're both still very much on edge. Between stops, something happens. Maybe GS threatens to tell or call his dad, so his phone is taken away; maybe he's slapped or hit or threatened, and he's hurt and very afraid. He moves to the passenger side of the truck to be as far away from her as possible, & when they return home, he jumps out quickly to head for safety/home. What happens next could be similar to what she's said happened, only she misled the timing and the severity; i.e. GS is "helping her unload" in the garage, and gets hurt bad enough that's he's bleeding. He runs, he grabs the only key he is familiar with, and tries to leave through another door. (Speculation only, of course!)

From there, I honestly don't know. Nothing makes sense, just like, to me, nothing makes sense in the "killed in the truck between errands" situation (yet). But evidence could've been tossed randomly after the fact in order to mislead - to draw LE away from the very place the fatal injury happened: the home. If he passed away at or close to home, those "in between" hours might have been used to conceal him, clean up, make up a story (the very story that changed several times because it wasn't true). I just don't know, but - no matter how many times posters imply it ;) - questioning if GS returned home at 2:15 does NOT equate to thinking TS is not responsible for his fate. All my opinion & ponderings only.

Whether or not Gannon returned in the truck is something LE could have easily cleared up when they saw the effect the video was having on the public's attitude toward LS. Since they chose not to clarify that Gannon returned with LS and preserve her reputation, I would assume they agree that Gannon did not return from that outing. I can't imagine them withholding information that important.

Last edited:
Interesting ... I do not think Gannon made it back home, but open to alternative answers, and this does match with the house being a crime scene.
It would require for KD, AS and Le and Journalists and news stations to be complicit in a lie.
Only way he made it home that day was either dead or unconscious.

If Gannon came back home, why does the neighbor say she came home alone, and why was AS crying and saying she lied? The timeline appears to be part of the issue for both the neighbor and the father - in addition to remarks that Gannon appeared sluggish.

They saw more than we’ve seen. And I also don’t think Gannon jumped out of the truck and ran for the gate if he was injured before he ever left.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just saw it. Haven't looked too far into it but thought it was interesting. Still doesn't change my view on who/what I think happened at the moment but I do like to look at all of it.

Police investigating possible kidnapping attempt in eastern Colorado Springs

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I read another news channel stated they weren't sure if it was actually that or if the little guy was just spooked. Maybe kktv? I can't remember.

"Good to go" I hear that as minimization, brushing it aside, nothing to see here.

bubm
Whether or not Gannon returned in the truck is something LE could have easily cleared up when they saw the effect the video was having on the public's attitude toward LS. Since they chose not to clarify that Gannon returned with LS and preserve her reputation, I would assume they agree that Gannon did not return from that outing. I can't imagine them withholding information that important.
All the more to want to keep it close to the vest.

Just a thought, if Gannon accidentally cut his foot, what might forensic evidence look like? However, if he cut his foot running barefoot through the garage while trying to escape, perhaps out and through a locked gate, then what would forensic evidence look like?

bbm
If Gannon came back home, why does the neighbor say she came home alone, and why was AS crying and saying she lied? The timeline appears to be part of the issue for both the neighbor and the father - in addition to remarks that Gannon appeared sluggish.

They saw more than we’ve seen. And I also don’t think Gannon jumped out of the truck and ran for the gate if he was injured before he ever left.
Because the shadows (that are seen above and below the truck) are not immediately obvious upon casual viewing, especially when a viewer is focusing intently on the driver's side doors, which is where they were expecting to see GS exit the vehicle.

I'm curious if she did return with him and he was deceased in the car? Does anyone know her timeline, up until the 911 call was made? Was GS little sister with her the entire time after school? I was asking abou the truck being backed into the garage because what if she used a tool to cut him up and exposed of his body? Obviously, definitely got rid of whatever tool she used. She seemed very adamant about clearing up blood in the garage and truck. Dont mean to be so morbid, but could be possible?

Hello! Long time member (lurker here since almost the beginning back to Darlie Routier, but joined around the Casey Anthony case). I don’t post much but check in when I see a case in MSM to see what members think! I haven’t posted in forever, so I hope I do this right. Hopefully I will have something to add to the conversation, but in the meantime I am praying for Gannon and those who love him, including people who have never met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298