Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God, people, what’s the harm in giving a tween boy the only key to a rather inconsequential wooden gate?! He’s probably in charge of putting the garbage out and has been trusted to keep the key all by himself, since he’s not a toddler. It’s a pretty low risk way to make a boy feel important in the household. I mean, if he does misplace it, you cut the old padlock w your bolt cutters and replace it w a new $6 padlock set. I agree it’s possibly significant that she brought it up, but in and of itself his having the only key us nothing to clutch our pearls over. My 10 year old boy has even greater things entrusted to him. It teaches responsibility and helps them contribute to the workings of household. Want to turn a boy into a man? Put him in charge of something important. Then watch him rise to the challenge!
I’m thinking since this whole “Gannon has the only key and kept checking the gate “ came from Tee, it probably isn’t even true and we’ve spent countless hours kibitzing about it. JMO

According to what I've read in the MSM, RD showed the video to the father before calling LE. Please correct me if that's not true.
Thanks
MOO
That is my impression. And he showed multiple news stations. It seems he was excited about possibly having evidence and ran to show it off. LE seemed peeved that he showed it to so many people.

Honestly there is a chance he might have not reviewed the "return" well at all, or perhaps pulled video from the wrong day.

I strongly believe that if LE had a photo or video of GS as he was leaving, they would get that out to the public immediately.

The upside would be that the public would be able to see him exactly as he was when he left - clothes, gait, haircut, backpack or not, etc. Imagine what a difference it would make to people looking for him if they knew exactly what to look for.

What would be the downside of doing this? I can’t think of anything at all.

MOO
Yes, IA, as he was leaving and I also wouldn't expect a problem if LE had released any recent video that showed GS walking or moving about. A hiking video perhaps? Yet, they didn't. Something else might have been at play or of concern.

bbm

Imagine that, a relative stranger telling the father of a child that his child "looked drugged" while both were watching the child.

I'm not claiming that's what occurred, I don't believe it did, but the thought of such a scene makes me chuckle at its oblivious nature.

A couple thoughts....

Do we know anything about the relationship between RD and AS?

If I were watching footage of someone I knew or had seen before (like a neighbor), I can imagine me saying "He looked like he was drugged or drunk or something". If it was a child, I'd probably leave out 'drunk'.

I've heard that language used to describe a woman at work. She had fallen and hit her head much harder than anyone realized. Initially, co-workers who didn't know what was wrong said she looked like she was drunk even though she was known to be a teetotaller.

I didn't take RD's comment literally, ie, he was suggesting that Gannon actually was drugged - only that he was moving in an odd inexplicable way. If, for example, Gannon had been noticeably limping, I don't think he would have said 'he looked as if he was drugged' (paraphrase).

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths is in a bind. The server bill needs to be paid tomorrow. Because the ad revenue was so low in January we don't have the money to make the bills this month. The server is one bill and it is due the soonest.

If you can donate CLICK THIS LINK and it will take you to PayPal.

I want to stress, DO NOT DONATE if you cannot afford it. I know many members are on very strict budgets and I do not want anyone to feel obligated in any way.

Thank you very much.

Tricia
TO DONATE TO WEBSLEUTHS CLICK THIS LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just that I think about Albert breaking down and I am so sad for him.
Good god what Gannon's loved ones must be going through.
If this was my child I could barely restrain myself from demanding answers and doing something I might regret later.

I’m thinking since this whole “Gannon has the only key and kept checking the gate “ came from Tee, it probably isn’t even true and we’ve spent countless hours kibitzing about it. JMO

I don’t know what significance the key or the gate has, if any, but IMHO I think it has some just because SHE brought it up. It came out of left field. And who even asked about Saturday!?

I can’t remember who it was that coined the phrase “pre-splain” But that seems to be exactly what she’s doing to me.

I think this says how RD felt and I think we would all do the same. It's what we are doing right here, right? Sadly I think more people don't come forward because they are drug through the mud. See something, say something.

“I couldn’t sleep so I just stayed up and I started looking through [surveillance footage],” Drayton said, adding, “I looked through on my tablet, then I said, 'Let me look on my TV to be sure.”

El Paso County Sheriff's Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

You know what just occurred to me? Maybe LS hurt Gannon that morning, after the sisters left for their day. Maybe that's why they didn't leave until after 10. Maybe she was hurting him between the time the girls left and the time they got into the truck.

And someone just came to my door so now that train of thought is completely derailed. The only thing I still remember is wondering what you all mean by "doorstepped" irt media?

Hounded by media who pursued you at your home or place of employment, pounding on your door and shoving microphones in your face comes to mind.

Can we talk about TS's suspended teaching certificate now, the circumstances surrounding the ruling etc, now that it's outlined on in a MSM source? The actual documents are publicly available. Because it points to a pattern of deception, also hints at motive, imo.
Yes you can

bbm

That is an intriguing possibility, seems plausible, but risky. GS would have to expire while rummaging around "somewhere in the cold" so he could not drop a dime on the situation if he were to be found.

The main issue is that "somewhere in the cold" would likely have to be a somewhat remote location, not close to housing or businesses; in essence, a wilderness or sorts... and it would draw suspicion as LE would attempt to ascertain how an 11-year-old could arrive to such a 'remote' (for lack of a better word) location. Mode of transportation, by whom and why?

The assumed motive in this case might be tricky to convince a GJ, but similarly worse situations likely have occurred for similar or lesser reasons: damaged something of value or simply coughed one too many times while being sick.

I agree, risky to leave him somewhere, but she doesn't strike me as one to think too far out from her immediate actions.
If TS is responsible for his disappearance, I am leaning toward him being injured by her to the point that he needed medical attention and she did not get it. The situation escalates and fearing the consequences from her husband, she comes up with the disappearance and runaway story.

Interesting. The gate / key discussion has been beaten deader than any dead horse argument has been since the metaphor was invented. In fact, that horse is so beaten its saddle has morphed in to a pair of stylish brown suede shoes with leather laces and monograms.

Occam's Razor. Given the context of why this gate/key discussion is underway, it likely was to show that GS was able to move about after having allegedly injured his foot; the injury was no big deal and GS was as proud and diligent as ever in performing his 'man of the house' duties.

IOW, GS was not so injured under SM's watch that CPS should become involved... and that AS would not kick her outtadahouse. I suspect such concern was yet another piece of a much larger "puzzle", to use LE's metaphor.

I don’t know what significance the key or the gate has, if any, but IMHO I think it has some just because SHE brought it up. It came out of left field. And who even asked about Saturday!?

I can’t remember who it was that coined the phrase “pre-splain” But that seems to be exactly what she’s doing to me.
I posted back a few days ago that I felt she brought it up to cover her butt in case the crime lab found evidence connected to Gannon, i. E. Blood ( hence the cut foot story) out by the gate. It would also go to her story that he was back there a lot, checking the gate. IMO

Ita.
Sounds like someone is throwing out some red herrings right and left.
But in all of the lies and blathering stupidity... there might be some kernels of truth.
As when she pointed out where Gannon's blood could be found.
Methinks she's sweating !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member