Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here and completely baffled and upset about Gannon. I cannot stop thinking about this!

Did a little research since the gate issue keeps coming to my mind. The gate is relatively flush with the side of the home.. possibly a foot to a foot and a half from the front of the home, just enough room for the downspout and a little extra room where you can view siding. As I reviewed the footage from the Xfinity camera (MSM release) I find it hard to believe that he would have gotten through that gate without being seen some camera in the neighborhood. The home across the street from Gannon’s (per Sept 2019 Google maps) appears to have a ring doorbell with presumably a good view of this location...

Also, someone had posted a question pages earlier (I read a ton before posting!) about a garage access door. I found the floor plan layout for this model and compared it against google images and can say with certainty that there is no access door. Just the window from the master bathroom is visible in google images.

Nice research and good info. I've been praying there was a working camera across the street!

Well, yes and no. I suppose it is commonly called “a 4wd,” so I think I understand you now. My point is that “driving a 4wd” does not equal “using 4wd,” as you had said she “used 4wd,” if that makes sense. I’m not saying she necessarily didn’t use 4wd, I’m just saying that we shouldn’t assume she did either just because the truck is capable of it. Most drivers of “4wd” trucks aren’t “using 4wd” probably 99.9999% of the time they’re driving. It is However possible to engage the feature and accidentally forget to disengage, which would be obvious to the next person who started it, (maybe LE) and so I thought maybe you were saying that LE knew something like that had happened based on their findings Many years ago that happened to me (well, the reverse actually). I hopped into one of my husband’s trucks after he had left the 4wd engaged, but I didn’t know it. It sounded terrible on the highway and felt like it was growling along, and steering was different. He about hit the roof when he figured out the problem. Apparently going over 30 or 40 mph with the 4wd engaged is a big no-no and could’ve been about a $10K mistake. Hope that illustrates the difference between using 4wd and simply driving a 4wd. For everyday driving only two wheels are powered, usually the rear, and the front two just spin freely. Very different than when all four turn on. It would’ve indicated she’d been on trickier terrain, and so that would’ve meant something. Sorry for the mix-up.
No prob but if she didn't take it because it matched her lipstick, why did she choose it when she had her own? Was it because if it's capabilities, capacities or for some other reason bearing in mind it's possible usage on Monday 27 January at 10.13am?

Edited: Deleted Double post
BBM

It was as upsetting to read as I'm sure it was for you to type it. The past couple days have hit me particularly hard for Gannon. I think of my own children. I think of how trusting a child is and how eager they are to please, especially if they think they've done something to upset a parent/SM. It brings me to tears every time I think of him just wanting to please SM and do what she asked.

So let's SPECULATE, if you were a kid & you knew you'd done something (accidentally) to upset your (step) parent, you'd do what you were asked so she'd stop "punishing" you and being angry. And if you'd been hiking with her the day before and as she said, "hey buddy, we had a rough night last night. I have a cool spot I want to show you. Let's go so we can both cool off and feel better." What would you do? Oh and I forgot to add that said step parent took your phone away as a punishment for what you'd done (accidentally) the night before. Would you go for the hike to see this cool new spot?....Just a hypothetical speculation. :(:(:(

Of course, but I would go rather slowly or "sluggish", ugh I can't believe I just typed that. The trust this little angel had in those who may have cause him harm :(

Definitely a possibility. They do in fact have a Ring, so I imagine she's somewhat familiar with it?
It's kind of funny, I've followed cases for years that have surveillance cam evidence (and tons of it) but it really wasn't until this case that I ever stopped to wonder if the neighbor's cam can actually record in my own driveway. I haven't taken a walk down my own street to see how many private cams there are, but after I google street-view drove down the Stauch's street and saw how many were there, it's rather impressive.

MOO this brings up that SM would at least know the Ring directly across the street recording her.

No prob but if she didn't take it because it matched her lipstick, why did she choose it when she had her own? Was it because if it's capabilities, capacities or for some other reason bearing in mind it's possible usage on Monday 27 January at 10.13am?

I don’t know. It’s a valid question You’re asking. I hope I didn’t offend you. Let’s explore it together. Usually when I choose the truck over my other vehicle it’s because i want to haul something in the bed. Sometimes it’s because I’m going to put something dirty or bloody in it (fishing, working, hunting), and I can just spray it all clean in the car wash. Recently I chose to take the truck simply because my other vehicle plates had expired. It truly has rarely been a choice made solely on the 4wd capacity. But that is also because in my case the other choice is an SUV that also has 4wd if I needed it. Maybe in her case she did choose it for the 4wd. But it maybe there’s another reason. To not be recognized? other car low on gas, didn’t want to fuel up? Couldn’t find her other keys? Just brainstorming.

MOO this brings up that SM would at least know the Ring directly across the street recording her.

Yes, I can see her being naive to the line of sight of those horizontally picking up her house, but have a hard time believing that she didn't think of the one across the street. Regardless it has to have footage with a lot of answers on it! Please tell me LE has that footage!

Quoting myself from an earlier post because I've pondered over the same question:
"I've asked myself why she took AS's truck & not her own car though. As first I thought it had something to do with 4WD, but looks like her car could've had similar capability. Beside, you can reach most areas even remote ones by road/dirt road, unless she seriously planned to go off-roading, but I don't think she did. Also a truck bed can be washed out pretty fast & easily in a car wash.

I think it was more about not being recognized as easily AND where her car was parked...if our theory about the reason she backed into the driveway was correct and she wanted Gannon to walk less & be less visible then she would've had to move & repark her car, adding suspicion. I also wonder if TS thought if she was asked later by a neighbor or acquaintance who happened to drive by the house, she could say she was home all day because her car was there. People might expect AS's truck to be gone. All MOO

and @ColoFarmer has a few other good possibilities regarding gas, etc.

I think it’s just a stupid stepmother setting up a transparent misdirection.

She was trying to sound like a child, but pointed the finger at herself.

That’s why I have been calling this probable foul play since day one.
I feel pretty certain this was stepmom that typed this. And I'm glad she did. Dad and Mom would know if this would ever have crossed his mind.

Just checking in and catching up. It's disheartening that we are on thread 18 and our boy is still missing. I feel like I'm in a state of holding my breath all day, every day. And I check in and that big sigh of relief I want so badly to take eludes me. I go to bed with a knot in my stomach. Hasn't this gone on long enough? Please let the cruelty end and someone speak up with the truth! I'm just a mama who loves her children and they are here with me, safely tucked in... warm, fed, cozy, at peace. But the security seems so fragile when I know there's another mama out there who can't get to her baby. It tears me up, but it's just a fraction of what she is going through. Poor Gannon, sweet boy, where are you?
Staying hopeful because there's really no other option. Goodnight, all. May tomorrow be the day Gannon comes home.

Yes, I can see her being naive to the line of sight of those horizontally picking up her house, but have a hard time believing that she didn't think of the one across the street. Regardless it has to have footage with a lot of answers on it! Please tell me LE has that footage!

Although I believe this was premeditated, I think she was still backed into a corner.

When I say “backed into a corner,” I’m referring to what precipitated all of this, which I think was an act of extreme abuse.

Once she decided to kill him to cover it up, there was still no way to pull it off undetected.

She didn’t have the time to sell some sort of accident, and went with the runaway scenario because it was the easiest.

The problem she encountered, was that there was just no way she could leave with Gannon, not return with him, and not have it spotted on camera.

That process still had to happen, as a kid can’t “run away,” if his body is still there.

She committed a crime, and tried to cover it up by committing a bigger crime.

She never stood a chance.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was caught on multiple cameras, and we just don’t know about it.

It’s not as easy to get away with murder as it used to be, which is something TS is going to find out the hard way.

Hopefully soon.

Just checking in and catching up. It's disheartening that we are on thread 18 and our boy is still missing. I feel like I'm in a state of holding my breath all day, every day. And I check in and that big sigh of relief I want so badly to take eludes me. I go to bed with a knot in my stomach. Hasn't this gone on long enough? Please let the cruelty end and someone speak up with the truth! I'm just a mama who loves her children and they are here with me, safely tucked in... warm, fed, cozy, at peace. But the security seems so fragile when I know there's another mama out there who can't get to her baby. It tears me up, but it's just a fraction of what she is going through. Poor Gannon, sweet boy, where are you?
Staying hopeful because there's really no other option. Goodnight, all. May tomorrow be the day Gannon comes home.
We’re all feeling that way, Raspberry.

I think you’re more than likely right about much of it.
Im curious what do you make of the cut-foot-garage patch-up part?
I'm wondering whether the cut foot garage was actually blood from the vehicle, had she run over him? Neglected to wash the underbelly of the vehicle and some blood still continued to drip from it, or got wet and dissolved but still would test positive for blood under luminol? Could it be something like that?
An accident, not a tragedy?

Although I believe this was premeditated, I think she was still backed into a corner.

When I say “backed into a corner,” I’m referring to what precipitated all of this, which I think was an act of extreme abuse.

Once she decided to kill him to cover it up, there was still no way to pull it off undetected.

She didn’t have the time to sell some sort of accident, and went with the runaway scenario because it was the easiest.

The problem she encountered, was that there was just no way she could leave with Gannon, not return with him, and not have it spotted on camera.

That process still had to happen, as a kid can’t “run away,” if his body is still there.

She committed a crime, and tried to cover it up by committing a bigger crime.

She never stood a chance.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was caught on multiple cameras, and we just don’t know about it.

It’s not as easy to get away with murder as it used to be, which is something TS is going to find out the hard way.

Hopefully soon.

So well said as usual @MassGuy Ugg, my heart just aches for sweet Gannon! He needs to be found & justice needs to be served.

Edited: Deleted Double post
BBM

It was as upsetting to read as I'm sure it was for you to type it. The past couple days have hit me particularly hard for Gannon. I think of my own children. I think of how trusting a child is and how eager they are to please, especially if they think they've done something to upset a parent/SM. It brings me to tears every time I think of him just wanting to please SM and do what she asked.

So let's SPECULATE, if you were a kid & you knew you'd done something (accidentally) to upset your (step) parent, you'd do what you were asked so she'd stop "punishing" you and being angry. And if you'd been hiking with her the day before and as she said, "hey buddy, we had a rough night last night. I have a cool spot I want to show you. Let's go so we can both cool off and feel better." What would you do? Oh and I forgot to add that said step parent took your phone away as a punishment for what you'd done (accidentally) the night before. Would you go for the hike to see this cool new spot?....Just a hypothetical speculation. :(:(:(
I don’t know that any eleven year old would really have a choice, especially an abused manipulated eleven year old.

I'm wondering whether the cut foot garage was actually blood from the vehicle, had she run over him? Neglected to wash the underbelly of the vehicle and some blood still continued to drip from it, or got wet and dissolved but still would test positive for blood under luminol? Could it be something like that?
An accident, not a tragedy?

It’s a possible explanation to her use of the word “accident.” Sickens me to picture it either way. So disturbing.

Dear Everyone,
YOUR GENEROSITY HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE TO PAY THE SERVER BILL TOMORROW (Monday) AND I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH.
We have a few more bills due in about a week but the one I was worried about the most was the server. THANK YOU!!!!!!
If you can please click on this link and donate-
https://paypal.me/websleuths
ONLY IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. DO NOT SEND A CENT IF YOU ARE ON A FIXED INCOME OR TIGHT BUDGET.
Please do not feel obligated either. If you can then I am very grateful but I certainly, understand if you cannot donate.
Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads