Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still reading thread 17 and just wanted to reply to 2 thoughts.

1- regarding gates with locks. I assumed in my mind it was a keyed padlock on the gate mechanism. I live in Colorado Springs and we have a gate in the front with a combination padlock on it. The lock is accessed from the front yard. ( Because if this, There is no way to exit from the backyard through that gate.) Our reasoning beyond basic security is, I want to be able at any time to let the dog into the yard without wondering if she will escape.

2- Regarding what AS has said and not said (and LH also), in the tv interview they did together with their daughter, they both had papers they referred to (gotta watch closely to catch this). I know LE often wants specific things said by people doing pressers in cases like this. I have been wondering what LE wanted them to say. One thing specifically - LH said (loosely quoted from memory) “Gannon always had to tell me a joke, every day...”. Did LE specifically ask them (her?) to say something about “every day” as a message that they are aware that some specific day (Sunday?) wasn’t normal? Was the usual daily phone call not made Sunday night and that was a message about that?
What else could LE asked them specifically to include in their statements? I need to go rewatch that. Things that make you go hmmm

ETA to fix a missing word

As I’ve said before, any place that was mentioned by sm is a safe place to mention in her mind, so anything named is out. For example, if something bad happened at GOG, she would have shied away from mentioning it, not thrust it front and center.MOO

Hi @Silverheels!

The general rule is that people not named as persons of interest (POI) by law enforcement cannot be sleuthed. We’ve all made mistakes here. Don’t let that stop you from contributing to the discussion. Jump in and keep posting. The water’s fine!

Thanks! Didn’t mean to cause a stir. It’s all good here.

Someone earlier commented that the Stauch's had a Ring (or similar) doorbell themselves... Maybe she was considering what her own field of vision would be, and didn't consider any of the neighbors. Could possibly explain backing in the driveway and GS 'leaving" through a different door of the house. AS could possibly access their system, or get movement notifications, on his phone while out of town. If GS left through their front door it would be recorded. Just a thought.

Someone earlier commented that the Stauch's had a Ring (or similar) doorbell themselves... Maybe she was considering what her own field of vision would be, and didn't consider any of the neighbors. Could possibly explain backing in the driveway and GS 'leaving" through a different door of the house. AS could possibly access their system, or get movement notifications, on his phone while out of town. If GS left through their front door it would be recorded. Just a thought.

Someone posted a picture of the front porch, where you could see the Ring camera, and the same person posted a picture of the exact same model so there could be no doubt.

Good catch on the "LS thinking all cameras work like her camera," such that she didn't realize that some people have more panoramic views from their cameras.

And seriously, why would she take him to the place where they’d just been.

That might not be a silly question.
If anyone said they saw them there it could be easily dismissed as it being the day before. I believe from her verbal leakage that this entire event started to transpire on the Saturday night and culminated on the Monday.

I’m still reading thread 17 and just wanted to reply to 2 thoughts.

1- regarding gates with locks. I assumed in my mind it was a keyed padlock on the gate mechanism. I live in Colorado Springs and we have a gate in the front with a combination padlock on it. The lock is accessed from the front yard. ( Because if this, There is no way to exit from the backyard through that gate.) Our reasoning beyond basic security is, I want to be able at any time to let the dog into the yard without wondering if she will escape.

2- Regarding what AS has said and not said (and LH also), in the tv interview they did together with their daughter, they both had papers they referred to (gotta watch closely to catch this). I know LE often wants specific things said by people doing pressers in cases like this. I have been wondering what LE wanted them to say. One thing specifically - LH said (loosely quoted from memory) “Gannon always had to tell me a joke, every day...”. Did LE specifically ask them (her?) to say something about “every day” as a message that they are aware that some specific day (Sunday?) wasn’t normal? Was the usual daily phone call not made Sunday night and that was a message about that?
What else could LE asked them specifically to include in their statements? I need to go rewatch that. Things that make you go hmmm

ETA to fix a missing word
It may have simply been that they had notes to remind them under stress of things they wanted to say about Gannon. I don’t know that LE was particularly instructive simply because LE is not telling the parents much either (I think their spokesperson mentioned that), and once they start coaching people, it gets more complicated.

Nice Arya and good thinking!

Regarding the can parents find me on my phone convo:

I have to agree it is quite possibly a young adult thing to type into a phone.

I don’t think young children or early teens would type this as they want to be found - my teenagers were lost when I asked them about this and wouldn’t even know what to type into phone - both looked at me like I had three heads when I asked them about it.

I already know as an adult sleuther the answer to this question as I’m sure 99% of us adult iPhone/cellular phone users know the answer to this question.

My hinky meter is going crazy right now. Is there a young adult typing this into a phone?
Dbm

I have a different interpretation on that. Wondering if knowledge of a previous locale, previous school, if any, could aid in finding what happened to Gannon. People will often return to known areas, too. JMO
I understand that sleuthing the family may seem productive, and no one can restrict anyone from doing what they like off-site, but as far as the rules here go, neither @Tricia nor any of the mods have given us the go ahead to sleuth the family and discuss the info here the way the extremely talented and resourceful members here do, when we have a named suspect or POI.
Yet.
I believe an arrest is coming soon, and that will change things tremendously.

Was just coming to post this. So can discuss the possibility she rented a truck?

Thank you so much for finding this! I have looked everywhere! Does this mean we can discuss theories? Or no? I’m still a bit lost on the rule, whether it has to be confirmed she actually used one, or if we can discuss hypotheticals since it was addressed in MSM. Foggy grey area.

RD had kids climbing in his lap and on his couch during the interview. I assume them to be his kids but have no clue if it’s confirmed or if he said it. All the interviews and reports are running together in my mind.

I think we are in a grey area still and might need to stay away from discussing a car rental as it is not a known fact.

Hypotheticals are like speculation...which we know is allowed. ;)

Hi @Silverheels!

The general rule is that people not named as persons of interest (POI) by law enforcement cannot be sleuthed. We’ve all made mistakes here. Don’t let that stop you from contributing to the discussion. Jump in and keep posting. The water’s fine!
Thank you. That's all I was trying to say as well.

Nice Arya and good thinking!

Regarding the can parents find me on my phone convo:

I have to agree it is quite possibly a young adult thing to type into a phone.

I don’t think young children or early teens would type this as they want to be found - my teenagers were lost when I asked them about this and wouldn’t even know what to type into phone - both looked at me like I had three heads when I asked them about it.

I already know as an adult sleuther the answer to this question as I’m sure 99% of us adult iPhone/cellular phone users know the answer to this question.

My hinky meter is going crazy right now. Is there a young adult typing this into a phone?
I think it’s just a stupid stepmother setting up a transparent misdirection.

She was trying to sound like a child, but pointed the finger at herself.

That’s why I have been calling this probable foul play since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe