Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation....Parenting 101 - when a child stays home from school sick, the child is not allowed to go outside and play, right? So, Mommy gut tells me that a child who stayed home from school sick should not be going to a friend's house either.
Do they have record that he was called out of school and reason?

I just dont know what to think. Her interview was alarming, but I can't imagine the other children being involved in any way (cover-up or whatever) especially the 9 yo. So that means if harm came to G at SM's hands, it had to happen Monday while the others were out of the house. That doesn't give her a lot of time to cover her tracks. Unless, of course, she had it all planned in advance. I guess I'm on the fence.
Could have happened Sunday evening or night.

Yeah, the timing concerns me as well. There’s definitely enough time to pull something like that off, but probably not enough time to pull it off well.

I would have expected him to be found by now.

That being said, law enforcement is behaving like this is foul play, and him running away seems very unlikely.

Too much time has passed, he hasn’t returned or been found, and there doesn’t appear to be any witnesses or footage.

I still think this foul play, but I don’t have a clue how it all went down.
BBM:

The timeline is a definite sticking point with me.

I think the critical day is going to prove to be Sunday, if not earlier. I say that for this reason:

LE hasn't released when the last known independent sighting of GS occurred.

I think this may very well be d/t the fact that LE doesn't have any verification, i.e., witnesses, video surveillance images, etc., of GS being at either BK or out hiking on Sunday.

That's JMO.

Last edited:
The fact that she wasn’t willing to talk about many of the details in that interview, but was adamant that she was at Burger King, tells me that it’s true.

She’s not willing to talk about what matters, but is willing to talk about the things that don’t.

Law enforcement will obviously check it out, and I have no doubt they’ll be satisfied she was there. Burger King has cameras, and transactions leave records.
BBM:

At least it wasn't Sonic.

What is it with these Colorado cases and the fast food runs, anyway?

They oughtta' go ahead and change their state motto to: "Burgers and Fries are Our Alibis!"

JMO.

The fact that she wasn’t willing to talk about many of the details in that interview, but was adamant that she was at Burger King, tells me that it’s true.

She’s not willing to talk about what matters, but is willing to talk about the things that don’t.

Law enforcement will obviously check it out, and I have no doubt they’ll be satisfied she was there. Burger King has cameras, and transactions leave records.

This HAS to be correct.
Now, I'm trying to remember her exact words, I remember her almost triumphant tone and jubilation when she said it, just not her exact words... Did she say 'We went to Burgerking'?
She certainly didn't use the term drive-through anyhow. It suggested a widely viewed and provable sighting, there for all the world to see and neutralising the 'awful' rumors that something had happened to him on that trek.
These people do tend to talk a lot of nonsense at times and one is better advised to not try to follow their words or word patterns. They are often utterly meaningless and we don't know who we are dealing with here or what the person is capable of. The erratic ramblings and then this presentation- the BK visit.
it is possible that everything is a lie, of course it is but if she's that far off the balance-wheel, she's not in a very good space. And if there is still a possibility that he might be alive, a confrontation might not be the wisest move for anybody to make, including social media and gossip .
If something bad happened, it happened on Sunday night is my gut instinct on it.
I still hold hope he is alive and safe and am visualizing the headlines as he kisses his folks again..and there's a big search happening tomorrow with dogs and I have great faith in dog searchers.
But, equally I have a real bad feeling about this, a sense of destruction ahead, a sense of acts borne from desperation, can't nail the feeling. I'm very wary of it. And I have no notion as to whether it is connected to Gannon or not..
My problem is that I cannot get a sense of her connection to him and it feels almost fraudulent to link them or speak of them in the same sentence or even paragraph.
It seems like she has just thrown her life away with that disgraceful interview, she has nothing left to lose, but she has children who care for her too.

This HAS to be correct.
Now, I'm trying to remember her exact words, I remember her almost triumphant tone and jubilation when she said it, just not her exact words... Did she say 'We went to Burgerking'?
She certainly didn't use the term drive-through anyhow. It suggested a widely viewed and provable sighting, there for all the world to see and neutralising the 'awful' rumors that something had happened to him on that trek.
These people do tend to talk a lot of nonsense at times and one is better advised to not try to follow their words or word patterns. They are often utterly meaningless and we don't know who we are dealing with here or what the person is capable of. The erratic ramblings and then this presentation- the BK visit.
it is possible that everything is a lie, of course it is but if she's that far off the balance-wheel, she's not in a very good space. And if there is still a possibility that he might be alive, a confrontation might not be the wisest move for anybody to make, including social media and gossip .
If something bad happened, it happened on Sunday night is my gut instinct on it.
I still hold hope he is alive and safe and am visualizing the headlines as he kisses his folks again..and there's a big search happening tomorrow with dogs and I have great faith in dog searchers.
But, equally I have a real bad feeling about this, a sense of destruction ahead, a sense of acts borne from desperation, can't nail the feeling. I'm very wary of it. And I have no notion as to whether it is connected to Gannon or not..
My problem is that I cannot get a sense of her connection to him and it feels almost fraudulent to link them or speak of them in the same sentence or even paragraph.
It seems like she has just thrown her life away with that disgraceful interview, she has nothing left to lose, but she has children who care for her too.
She said “and then we ate Burger King afterwards.”

She did seem “triumphant” when she said that. Clear excitement there.

Just thinking more about that hike. I’d like to know how common it was.

The more I watch that interview, the more missed opportunities I spot. It’s a shame, because I doubt she’ll ever conduct another interview.

*Edited to remove in accurate information

Last edited:

Just thinking more about that hike. I’d like to know how common it was, and if she and Gannon had ever done that alone before.

The more I watch that interview, the more missed opportunities I spot. It’s a shame, because I doubt she’ll ever conduct another interview.
She didn't hike alone with Gannon. On the picture that was in the earliest Missing Posters, there was a selfie she took with herself and GS and his little sis. The kids were both smiling brightly and having a great time it seems.

Narcissist. All about her. If she hasn't done anything I will be surprised but I also just think she may not have be due to the fact of how bold to do that interview! and not focus more on Gannon (if your trying to seem innocent)

*She switches to past tense when talking about him.

*She was more concerned about HER daughter being placed in handcuffs than her 11 year old stepson being missing.

*If he really went to his friends as she said, why is she assuming he is fine and will return home. Surely her mind would be racing to abduction /accident.

*Very strange the husband is in the house with ex wife, he must believe she is involved otherwise, wow, if I was SM that would be a relationship breaker (my partner believing I'd be capable of something like that)

*The conversation with her daughter was suspicious to me and sounded like they'd talked about what the daughter would say if asked by a reporter and mum was just reminding her "say you came back and saw Gannon" I.e stick to that as we discussed. (Maybe I'm analysing here bit either way mum comes off VERY controlling.

* She tries to be clever when she talks about the police, talking about the 2 nice detectives.. then accusing law enforcement of threatening to shoot her. So the fact she has spoken kindly of then before is meant to make us believe shes being truthful when saying the negative.

Again if she is innocent I'll be surprised.

HOWEVER I have had a bad feeling from the start he had been speaking to someone online and did the search on his phone himself and was picked up in a car by a bad character.

God I hope he is somehow safe and his sweet self comes home to his mother and father who obviously adore him.
I don't think she is a native english speaker. Her speech, imo, is a mixture of slang, constructions used in spanish, and kind of a mishmash of oddball phrases. I don't mean that as an insult to her as I find it humiliating that I can ace spanish and french classes conjugating verbs easily, yet still speak in babytalk. Just for this reason I don't think it's very useful to overly critique each set of words she strings together. Re grammar, tense, and so forth.

Last edited:
I am wondering about Sunday night as well. There would be plenty of time to take a late night drive, no cameras probably noticed.
and in the morning other kids just go to school or work as usual if he was having the day off, they would not have necessarily seen him at the breakfast table.
Other possibility is that she slept in next day and didn't notice he was missing until evening, or she went out for the night herself and didn't return until late afternoon Monday

Just thinking more about that hike. I’d like to know how common it was.

*Edited to remove in accurate information
She will either never again agree to an interview or she'll make a career of it, depending on her agenda.
There were a whole lot of missed opportunities and it did nothing to bring him home, nothing at all. Major search operation starting again in a few hours.
Will they be searching for a runaway or for a victim. I'm confused because I'd imagine each option is in a totally opposite direction.

I wonder if there was a verbal altercation along these lines.............. "If you are too sick to go to school then you're too sick to play those video games, fool around on youtube, etc "

i think she may not have known when he got mad, or upset, and left the house, and did some cya which caught up with her. Amazing how "he left to go play with a friend, but I don't know which one". Sounds so much like inmate watts....she took the kids on a playdate but didn't mention where.

Some of you were noting how firmly she emphasized that they went to burger king, which can most likely be proven. Makes sense to me why she can't talk any more about the probable conflicting statements she imo gave about actually seeing him leave. He could have left earlier in the day, what is the guideline being quoted for 3-4 pm?

I wonder if he is young enough to think he could hitch a ride to where his dad was, if he has a good concept of distance.

Something tells me that she (sm) didn't harm him. Just my gut feeling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member