Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting everything else aside on a shelf on the far side of my brain, I keep coming back to one simple fact:

Gannon is 11 Years Old.

This child did not run away.

MOO
My eleven year old daughter ran away once. She made it all the way to the end of the driveway and then came sulking back into the house asking what kind of snacks we had.

Was it the family who told LE that he ran away? I know they said he went to a friends house but did they come up with the idea that he may have run away?

Well, the TRUTH is that his neighbor had a doorbell camera. She was interviewed. She had searched it for fotage and she discussed another neighbor who also had a doorcam. That's two. So not quite so rare. Keep the faith. Just another 24 hrs..

Cameras on are not as rare as people think. Even in rural areas. Ring Cameras are very popular. I know a lot of working parents that have them to keep track of their kids coming and going.

It took awhile to view all the ring cameras in the Watts case. There were that many. If I remember their neighborhood was similar to this one.

Yes, that says endangered, however, there is nothing in the article that indicates foul play. If I missed it, please post. From what I read, the Sheriffs office believes he's a runaway, MOO, endangered would be due to factors related to weather, lack of medication, etc. I've seen nothing related to murder and/or abduction.

“There’s a number of factors in this case," Lt. Mitch Mihalko with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said, Obviously, we’ve been having cold weather so the weather was one issue. The time-frame as you pointed out sir is another issue. The fact that he’s under the age of 13, he’s 11 years old, and he also has specific medication that he takes, so we want to make sure that all those resources are being poured into finding him”.

Some of us do not have social media. But, I went to TES website and didn't see Gannon listed, so I'll guess...no?

It was Gannons Aunt that has stated TES has agreed to help with the search. Also blood & canine teams and drones are being used along with 300 approved Sheriff verified search volunteers.

Even if he was at Burger King, it could have actually been before the hike, not after. (We’ve not seen times verified for anything afaik.)
The step mother really seemed determined to emphasize the hike and the trip to Burger King.

Did anyone else besides the family see the child on Sunday?

Although if he went to BK with them he would be seen on camera, I would think.

Imo

Last edited:
Was stepmom the caller? I'd love to hear the call.

A parent can sway the way LE responds, depending upon how the parent describes the situation.

If they say 'my daughter never comes home late and always answers her phone, but her phone's off and none of her friends have seen her, and I am so frightened' the police are going to come pretty quickly
prior call?

News5 spoke with Gannon's father Tuesday and he said within a few hours of Gannon not coming home, he said his wife knew something was wrong. He said Gannon is not the type to walk off.

"We kind of do the street light rule. When the street lights come on or it gets dark, they better be home and it was like maybe 30 minutes past that. Started to worry at that point. Then I started texting all the friends that we know he goes to and nobody had seen him," Stauch said.

He said Gannon didn't let them know what friend's house he was going to in the neighborhood and that this was "unlike him so that's why we're obviously really concerned." Eventually, the police were called.

"Once we went through that whole checklist it's like, you know, where could he be?" Stauch said.

Stauch said the family got the word out via social media and the neighborhood just "rallied behind us."

Search for Gannon Stauch continues Saturday

Does anyone remember the reason for the delay with deputies arriving at the house? I don't recall

6:55 9-1-1 Call to dispatch reporting missing child
10:09 Deputies arrive on scene

Timeline

Teams continue to search for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch
Can anyone local tell me if you call 911 from Lorson Ranch, does the call go to Colorado Springs PD or to the County/Sheriff’s Dept.?
One possibility is that the local PD got the call, responded, took the report. Maybe he/she did a preliminary investigation, walked the neighborhood etc. When Gannon wasn’t found close and quickly and it started getting late, that officer requested assistance from the Sheriff’s Dept. who then arrived at 10:09. Just a possibility.
An awful lot questions would be clearer for us if we had a copy of that initial police report. The earlier msm articles and the Sheriff’s Dept says the initial call was for a report of a runaway. This article says report of a missing person.
I find it hard to believe that LE got a call about a missing 11 year old and took 3 hours to respond.

She said “and then we ate Burger King afterwards.”

She did seem “triumphant” when she said that. Clear excitement there.

Just thinking more about that hike. I’d like to know how common it was.

The more I watch that interview, the more missed opportunities I spot. It’s a shame, because I doubt she’ll ever conduct another interview.

*Edited to remove in accurate information

BBM. Yes, good question. I’d like to know how common the hike was. And if not common, it gets me wondering about what the “purpose” of the hike may have been.

Is there a MSM link that mentions a picture of Gannon taken there? Or witness confirmation that Gannon was on hike? Trying to catch up here. I’ll take a look at the media thread.

It’s unfortunate that the step mom is so hard to empathize with. She has come across as not very warm and fuzzy. This reminds me a bit of Karlie Guse, the girl who is still missing from California. Her stepmom was on Dr. Phil and is very similar to TS as her ability to seem involved in the disappearance. It can be so distracting from the case that it’s hard not to get tunnel vision on her. It’s been far too many days now for me to feel Gannon is on his own. He’s 11 and I can’t see him being able to fend for himself on top of keeping warm and dry for all these days. He has to be with someone or he has been met with foul play. That’s unfortunately where I feel this case is headed now.

This is very judgmental, but imo that woman in the interview did NOT go hiking with her stepson for fun... something feels so fishy about that to me, I cannot see this woman hiking generally or taking Gannon on an outdoor nature excursion... just my own opinion

Please bear with me, I'm only half way through my first cup of coffee. :p

All very much MOO:

I wonder if the SM didn't physically hurt him, but something she did caused him harm. Lets say on the way back from the hike she got mad at him, made him get out of the car to walk, intending to let him walk a little bit and come back and get him. But when she came back he was gone. Or they got in a fight at the house and maybe she made him go outside or locked him out and he took off. There's a few other scenarios like this that come to mind, but I think my point is clear. BUT, the problem I have with that theory is... WHERE IS HE THEN? I can make most everything else fit, like how she kept saying he will come back and prove she didn't hurt him, cause technically she didn't. And why she called him in sick to school, hoping he would still come home, but by dark it was obvious he wasn't. That could also account for here "strange" behavior, she knows what she did caused him to be gone, but she didn't actually lay a finger on him. Did somebody pick him up and hurt him? Did he succumb to the elements and just haven't been found yet because the SM isn't being truthful about the last place he was actually seen? I really though he would be found by now. I hope today they do.

MOO

News5 spoke with Gannon's father Tuesday and he said within a few hours of Gannon not coming home, he said his wife knew something was wrong. He said Gannon is not the type to walk off.

"We kind of do the street light rule. When the street lights come on or it gets dark, they better be home and it was like maybe 30 minutes past that. Started to worry at that point. Then I started texting all the friends that we know he goes to and nobody had seen him," Stauch said.

He said Gannon didn't let them know what friend's house he was going to in the neighborhood and that this was "unlike him so that's why we're obviously really concerned." Eventually, the police were called.

"Once we went through that whole checklist it's like, you know, where could he be?" Stauch said.

Stauch said the family got the word out via social media and the neighborhood just "rallied behind us."

Search for Gannon Stauch continues Saturday
I totally respect parents intuition in cases like this - I hope he did not suffer as I don’t think he ran away -
JMO

All entirely speculation:

I'm sure by now the police have interviewed the sisters to get a tighter timeline on when/where he was last seen by family.
I've wondered if he didn't actually go missing on Sunday and that explained the missed school day with the excuse that he wasn't feeling well.
Then I wonder if step-mom coached the sisters on what to say, similar to how she told the older daughter what to say about being at home Sunday night after Burger King.
Part of that interaction seemed normal mom/teen speak, but part of it also felt off, since she actually did tell her what to say "just tell them yes he was home and you can verify that".
I don't believe for a moment that Gannon ran away, but I don't really have a good feeling about what really happened.
It's entirely possible step-mom is being 100% honest and just comes off as guilty. We've seen this before and we've seen it recently in a couple of cases.
But in that scenario, it means Gannon walked away from that house and literally disappeared.
Either into a car, or in someone's house.
Wherever he disappeared to, he's just been gone way too long (without food, money, clothes, shelter, etc.) to come home safely, imo.
I do think this is more likely a recovery effort than anything else, even if no one's said it yet.

All moo.

Praying Gannon is located today.

The way sm spoke to LE and about others I don’t see him not suffering moo. That woman is pretty harsh. Imo No empathy. Imo and I will glad to be wrong. No truth bells going off at all. Only red flags.
Praying for mom and dad. Not. To. Kill. This. Yanno. What.
Happy Sunday Go KC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members