Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please bear with me, I'm only half way through my first cup of coffee. :p

All very much MOO:

I wonder if the SM didn't physically hurt him, but something she did caused him harm. Lets say on the way back from the hike she got mad at him, made him get out of the car to walk, intending to let him walk a little bit and come back and get him. But when she came back he was gone. Or they got in a fight at the house and maybe she made him go outside or locked him out and he took off. There's a few other scenarios like this that come to mind, but I think my point is clear. BUT, the problem I have with that theory is... WHERE IS HE THEN? I can make most everything else fit, like how she kept saying he will come back and prove she didn't hurt him, cause technically she didn't. And why she called him in sick to school, hoping he would still come home, but by dark it was obvious he wasn't. That could also account for here "strange" behavior, she knows what she did caused him to be gone, but she didn't actually lay a finger on him. Did somebody pick him up and hurt him? Did he succumb to the elements and just haven't been found yet because the SM isn't being truthful about the last place he was actually seen? I really though he would be found by now. I hope today they do.

MOO
I just hope this isn't another stranger abduction.
If he ran away he should have turned up by now.

Imo

BBM. Yes, good question. I’d like to know how common the hike was. And if not common, it gets me wondering about what the “purpose” of the hike may have been.

Is there a MSM link that mentions a picture of Gannon taken there? Or witness confirmation that Gannon was on hike? Trying to catch up here. I’ll take a look at the media thread.

And the BK trip may have been thru drive-thru... MOO :(
Also wish the "guy" in the hike pic could come forward and confirm when pic was taken.
MOO

Last edited:
Showing my ignorance here....

We don't have Wii, Playstation or X-Box, so I am not sure...is there a way that the console 'stores' the info re: the last time it was used/played?

Stepmom stated that he loves video games....if he was home sick on Monday, you can bet your bottom dollar he was playing those games.

JMO

All entirely speculation:

I'm sure by now the police have interviewed the sisters to get a tighter timeline on when/where he was last seen by family.
I've wondered if he didn't actually go missing on Sunday and that explained the missed school day with the excuse that he wasn't feeling well.
Then I wonder if step-mom coached the sisters on what to say, similar to how she told the older daughter what to say about being at home Sunday night after Burger King.
Part of that interaction seemed normal mom/teen speak, but part of it also felt off, since she actually did tell her what to say "just tell them yes he was home and you can verify that".
I don't believe for a moment that Gannon ran away, but I don't really have a good feeling about what really happened.
It's entirely possible step-mom is being 100% honest and just comes off as guilty. We've seen this before and we've seen it recently in a couple of cases.
But in that scenario, it means Gannon walked away from that house and literally disappeared.
Either into a car, or in someone's house.
Wherever he disappeared to, he's just been gone way too long (without food, money, clothes, shelter, etc.) to come home safely, imo.
I do think this is more likely a recovery effort than anything else, even if no one's said it yet.

All moo.
That's exactly why I asked if anyone other than the family had seen him over the weekend.

The stepmom seemed so determined to have her daughter say she saw him on Sunday. Not to mention she told her exactly what to say.

Have people accused her of lying or suggested he's been missing longer? If not, then there is no reason to be so defensive.

If LE cannot confirm the sighting at Burger King then they will likely change the focus of this investigation.

The same will be true if they don't spot him on any surveillance cameras any neighbors have in the area.

I'm sure they've already checked but I hope we learn something soon.

If this were my child I would be terrified by now.

I'm not sure I could even do an interview but if I did, I would be pleading for the community to look for her and showing her picture and emphasizing what she was wearing when she left the house.

Imo

All very much MOO:

I wonder if the SM didn't physically hurt him, but something she did caused him harm. Lets say on the way back from the hike she got mad at him, made him get out of the car to walk, intending to let him walk a little bit and come back and get him. But when she came back he was gone. Or they got in a fight at the house and maybe she made him go outside or locked him out and he took off. There's a few other scenarios like this that come to mind, but I think my point is clear. BUT, the problem I have with that theory is... WHERE IS HE THEN? I can make most everything else fit, like how she kept saying he will come back and prove she didn't hurt him, cause technically she didn't. And why she called him in sick to school, hoping he would still come home, but by dark it was obvious he wasn't. That could also account for here "strange" behavior, she knows what she did caused him to be gone, but she didn't actually lay a finger on him. Did somebody pick him up and hurt him? Did he succumb to the elements and just haven't been found yet because the SM isn't being truthful about the last place he was actually seen? I really though he would be found by now. I hope today they do.

MOO

Same sorts of speculation here.

I've wondered whether GS may have been locked in something or locked out of something.

Either of those scenarios could potentially lead to tragic, grievous outcomes.

JMO.

Last edited:
Showing my ignorance here....

We don't have Wii, Playstation or X-Box, so I am not sure...is there a way that the console 'stores' the info re: the last time it was used/played?

Stepmom stated that he loves video games....if he was home sick on Monday, you can bet your bottom dollar he was playing those games.

JMO

Really good question. I asked my 19 yr old son who has an xbox and plays nearly every day, and what he said was no, the "last played/used" data isn't actually stored (that he's aware of), it just shows what was last played, and that your friends can see when you were online last. That would be helpful, except he said as soon as the console is turned on, the "last seen online" would update to right then, as soon as it was turned on (if that makes sense).

Xbox support says this: "Your data is stored on both your hard drive and in the cloud. Xbox Live keeps your important data in sync so you don't lose anything when you use a friend or family member's console, or even when you switch to a new console." https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

So the hard drive/cloud would show when the last time the data was synced if you could access it without actually accessing it from the user account (because then it would just sync and say last synced - right now).

That's exactly why I asked if anyone other than the family had seen him over the weekend.

The stepmom seemed so determined to have her daughter say she saw him on Sunday. Not to mention she told her exactly what to say.

Have people accused her of lying or suggested he's been missing longer? If not, then there is no reason to be so defensive.

If LE cannot confirm the sighting at Burger King then they will likely change the focus of this investigation.

The same will be true if they don't spot him on any surveillance cameras any neighbors have in the area.

I'm sure they've already checked but I hope we learn something soon.

If this were my child I would be terrified by now.

I'm not sure I could even do an interview but if I did, I would be pleading for the community to look for her and showing her picture and emphasizing what she was wearing when she left the house.

Imo

I suppose it was mostly strangers online accusing her of lying or suggesting he's been missing longer. Because we all know how smart and responsible keyboard warriors are, when they're convinced whatever they think is true (and they can't be held accountable for the miserable garbage they post). :rolleyes:

I don't know if the surveillance cams at BK will be able to show him in the vehicle, but they will be able to pick up that car - as well as other cams between the hike location and the BK they reportedly went to. Not to mention the receipt they usually either stuff in the bag or staple to the outside of the bag.

If Gannon were my step-son, I'd be heartsick with fear and worry. I would not be able to sleep, eat, give interviews, etc. I'm pretty sure I'd be alternating between auto-pilot and weeping my heart out. I didn't pick up any of that from the step-mom in this case.

Same sorts of speculation here.

I'm thinking about a scenario where GS was either locked in something or locked out of something.

JMO.

As heartbreaking as it is to agree, I think I do too. Or at least it's definitely a possibility. At 11 years old I do not think he would be choosing to stay gone away from his family, especially since his BM is now in CO. There is something from preventing him the signs point pretty much in one direction.

MOO

Really good question. I asked my 19 yr old son who has an xbox and plays nearly every day, and what he said was no, the "last played/used" data isn't actually stored (that he's aware of), it just shows what was last played, and that your friends can see when you were online last. That would be helpful, except he said as soon as the console is turned on, the "last seen online" would update to right then, as soon as it was turned on (if that makes sense).

Xbox support says this: "Your data is stored on both your hard drive and in the cloud. Xbox Live keeps your important data in sync so you don't lose anything when you use a friend or family member's console, or even when you switch to a new console." https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

So the hard drive/cloud would show when the last time the data was synced if you could access it without actually accessing it from the user account (because then it would just sync and say last synced - right now).

MOO and a little bit of insight....

Anything you do on a computer/internet/phone etc. etc., leaves an electronic trail that can be recovered/tracked etc.

I just found out that when you delete something on your computer it's not really deleted. When you delete, your hard drive relegates that space as available but it remains until you need the space and then it's overwritten by the new data but ONLY if your hard drive is full and NEEDS to free up space. So, things you think you deleted and are long gone may never go away if your hard drive doesn't need the space. Scary thought.

Here's the other thing, LE has the most incredible software that allows them to do things and find stuff on electronic devices that is just incredible. (I have a friend who is a Forensics Investigator specializing in electronic forensics) The stuff they can find, and do, is amazing.

I think it's a great thought, and I'm sure LE is checking to see when Gannon last played on his gaming system. If he was as "into" it as reported, it would be very interesting to see when he last played, and with whom.

I suppose it was mostly strangers online accusing her of lying or suggesting he's been missing longer. Because we all know how smart and responsible keyboard warriors are, when they're convinced whatever they think is true (and they can't be held accountable for the miserable garbage they post). :rolleyes:

I don't know if the surveillance cams at BK will be able to show him in the vehicle, but they will be able to pick up that car - as well as other cams between the hike location and the BK they reportedly went to. Not to mention the receipt they usually either stuff in the bag or staple to the outside of the bag.

If Gannon were my step-son, I'd be heartsick with fear and worry. I would not be able to sleep, eat, give interviews, etc. I'm pretty sure I'd be alternating between auto-pilot and weeping my heart out. I didn't pick up any of that from the step-mom in this case.

BBM

Agree 100%.

I also would be in no condition to go shopping at Marshalls even if I was not allowed in my own home. I'd be inconsolable TBH. They would probably have to put me on drugs.

This SM seems to be only upset about the impact this "event" has on "her" life. Forget the fact that an 11 year old boy is missing and God Only Knows where he is, what he's currently going through, or already gone through.

This speaks volumes to me.

MOO

Thank you.
Your responses and posts throughout these threads have been very helpful.

So....if the sync info is stored both on the console and in the cloud, I am hoping each time it was synced is stored it is kept in some sort of sync history folder (in the cloud?)

LE has to be looking into all sources of info to check for any electronic footprint he could have left and the timing of such.

As a side note...I am sure they have also pulled the trash from Burger King and are analyzing it for fingerprints and DNA.

JMO

All very much MOO:

MOO
Finish your cup of coffee. Cause I’m co-signing your post. My thoughts - your words. Thank you. I believe her until she herself proves me wrong. She is obviously lying by omission. Her timeline is invalid by those omissions of timing and actions. Where do y’all think her omissions construe her timeline? Reading between the lines in her statement.

Her lack of concern bothers me a lot. I keep trying to find a way to justify it, but I can't.

Me too. She is so defensive for someone who lost a child on her watch. No matter what happened - she is a mother figure to him and should be SAD and terrified for him. I would like to think she didn't actually do something to him, but her coldness makes me think she could. The fact the dad seems to have sided against her - huge, giant red flag and major insight into her character and/or evidence. You know who you are married to and he also knows his son. Something horrific happened and I don't think it's just her getting mad and he took off.....the fact the phone search about tracking seems to have totally gone off the radar....LE knows it was fake and planted. It wouldn't have been needed anyway if he truly did just take off. She would have nothing to be defensive about in interviews. She would be sad and worried. Apologetic and pleading to him. IMO. Also can't believe she is shopping during this time?? Can she not even fake sadness? Sorry I will stop now.

MOO and a little bit of insight....

Anything you do on a computer/internet/phone etc. etc., leaves an electronic trail that can be recovered/tracked etc.

I just found out that when you delete something on your computer it's not really deleted. When you delete, your hard drive relegates that space as available but it remains until you need the space and then it's overwritten by the new data but ONLY if your hard drive is full and NEEDS to free up space. So, things you think you deleted and are long gone may never go away if your hard drive doesn't need the space. Scary thought.

Here's the other thing, LE has the most incredible software that allows them to do things and find stuff on electronic devices that is just incredible. (I have a friend who is a Forensics Investigator specializing in electronic forensics) The stuff they can find, and do, is amazing.

I think it's a great thought, and I'm sure LE is checking to see when Gannon last played on his gaming system. If he was as "into" it as reported, it would be very interesting to see when he last played, and with whom.

ITA as I have friends who can access anything and one has assisted LE on some cases.

If it's on electronic device without a doubt it can be traced/located.

Me too. She is so defensive for someone who lost a child on her watch. No matter what happened - she is a mother figure to him and should be SAD and terrified for him. I would like to think she didn't actually do something to him, but her coldness makes me think she could. The fact the dad seems to have sided against her - huge, giant red flag and major insight into her character and/or evidence. You know who you are married to and he also knows his son. Something horrific happened and I don't think it's just her getting mad and he took off.....the fact the phone search about tracking seems to have totally gone off the radar....LE knows it was fake and planted. It wouldn't have been needed anyway if he truly did just take off. She would have nothing to be defensive about in interviews. She would be sad and worried. Apologetic and pleading to him. IMO. Also can't believe she is shopping during this time?? Can she not even fake sadness? Sorry I will stop now.
What if you and your teenage daughter, a USAF member (or just stock person at a box store) were kicked out of your own house? You wouldn't go shop for essential clothes items, including underwear for the both of you? Imagine how the 17 year old feels, with all of her colleagues knowing they were kicked out of their own house. Or, made to feel so unwelcome that they couldn't feasibly go in. Plus feeling the pain for missing step brother.
If SM is innocent, and if 17 year old is innocent, they are just as much "victims" as the bio parents are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member