Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you and your teenage daughter, a USAF member were kicked out of your own house? You wouldn't go shop for essential clothes items, including underwear for the both of you? Imagine how the 17 year old feels, with all of her colleagues knowing they were kicked out of their own house. Or, made to feel so unwelcome that they couldn't feasibly go in.
I dont see how they could legally keep her from her underwear.

Finish your cup of coffee. Cause I’m co-signing your post. My thoughts - your words. Thank you. I believe her until she herself proves me wrong. She is obviously lying by omission. Her timeline is invalid by those omissions of timing and actions. Where do y’all think her omissions construe her timeline? Reading between the lines in her statement.

The question I would like her to answer is
"Tell me what happened from when you got up monday morning till you called LE"

This way she can choose her own words, ( without contamination) and where to begin. ( this shows priority) This type of open question can reveal much more information than they realise.

I dont see how they could legally keep her from her underwear.
Maybe they were made to feel extremely unwelcome. -Maybe the house itself was being forensically searched. Just putting myself in their position, yeah, going to buy some new underwear and temporary clothes would be imperative for this gal who had a job. I'm not saying what happened on Sunday or Monday, just that buying underwear and other clothes for her 17 year old, and for herself, doesn't seem insensitive at all. To me. There are a lot of other things to criticize SM for.

Finish your cup of coffee. Cause I’m co-signing your post. My thoughts - your words. Thank you. I believe her until she herself proves me wrong. She is obviously lying by omission. Her timeline is invalid by those omissions of timing and actions. Where do y’all think her omissions construe her timeline? Reading between the lines in her statement.

This way she can choose her own words, ( without contamination) and where to begin. ( this shows priority) This type of open question can reveal much more information than they realise.

Me too. She is so defensive for someone who lost a child on her watch. No matter what happened - she is a mother figure to him and should be SAD and terrified for him. I would like to think she didn't actually do something to him, but her coldness makes me think she could. The fact the dad seems to have sided against her - huge, giant red flag and major insight into her character and/or evidence. You know who you are married to and he also knows his son. Something horrific happened and I don't think it's just her getting mad and he took off.....the fact the phone search about tracking seems to have totally gone off the radar....LE knows it was fake and planted. It wouldn't have been needed anyway if he truly did just take off. She would have nothing to be defensive about in interviews. She would be sad and worried. Apologetic and pleading to him. IMO. Also can't believe she is shopping during this time?? Can she not even fake sadness? Sorry I will stop now.
The father has sided against the stepmother?
I haven't seen anything indicating that. Can you give an example?

Since she is not the child's mother and only a step parent, I wonder how much she enforced the rules when the father was away.

She apparently kept the child home on Monday but never mentioned what was wrong with him, at least not that I have seen.

She reported him as a runaway but has not given a reason why she assumed he ran away.

Did they not get along? Did they have an argument? Did he want to do something and she would not allow it?

If she knew that he went to a friend's house then why immediately assume he ran away, without any reason?

At first it was reported that he went across the street to visit a friend. Later the father said he went to see a friend a few streets away. Which is it and where did the information come from? I'm assuming she told him so why did she originally say he went across the street? If she didn't know which friend's house he went to then how would she know it was the friend across the street?

Or is it just bad reporting?

Imo

News5 spoke with Gannon's father Tuesday and he said within a few hours of Gannon not coming home, he said his wife knew something was wrong. He said Gannon is not the type to walk off.

"We kind of do the street light rule. When the street lights come on or it gets dark, they better be home and it was like maybe 30 minutes past that. Started to worry at that point. Then I started texting all the friends that we know he goes to and nobody had seen him," Stauch said.

He said Gannon didn't let them know what friend's house he was going to in the neighborhood and that this was "unlike him so that's why we're obviously really concerned." Eventually, the police were called.

"Once we went through that whole checklist it's like, you know, where could he be?" Stauch said.

Stauch said the family got the word out via social media and the neighborhood just "rallied behind us."

Search for Gannon Stauch continues Saturday

Okay, so sunset was approximately 5:15 on Monday. That means he should have been home around 5:30-5:45 at the latest. Dad says that within a few hours of not coming home SM knew something was wrong. Does he mean within a few hours of leaving or a few hours after he should have been home. That would put the time around either 6:30-7:00 ish or 9:30-10:00 ish.
In the next paragraph Dad says it was about 30 minutes past the time he should have been home, “started to worry at that point”.

He then states he called around to various friends because they didn’t know which one he had planned to go to. “Eventually, the police were called.”
This makes the timeline very loosey goosey to me.

The father has sided against the stepmother?
I haven't seen anything indicating that. Can you give an example?

Since she is not the child's mother and only a step parent, I wonder how much she enforced the rules when the father was away.

She apparently kept the child home on Monday but never mentioned what was wrong with him, at least not that I have seen.

She reported him as a runaway but has not given a reason why she assumed he ran away.

Did they not get along? Did they have an argument? Did he want to do something and she would not allow it?

If she knew that he went to a friend's house then why immediately assume he ran away, without any reason?

At first it was reported that he went across the street to visit a friend. Later the father said he went to see a friend a few streets away. Which is it and where did the information come from? I'm assuming she told him so why did she originally say he went across the street? If she didn't know which friend's house he went to then how would she know it was the friend across the street?

Or is it just bad reporting?

Imo
In her field interview SM implied that BD had taken sides against her. (near the end)

Did the boy call his father for permission to leave the house? I haven't read where he asked SM, who, if anyone did he ask?

This is a strange case because so much is out on other media types, that we can't discuss here.

I think there very well may have been some incident for which he got blamed, (rightly or wrongly) some altercation between them, I say that because I have an honorary PhD in having a "step mother" when I was that age, whom my father never should have married. Think corporal punishment. But I haven't seen any proof at all that she didn't love the kid, take good care of him, etc. Or that she was anything but kind to him.

I wonder how much time in that 2 years the BD had actually been away from home, leaving her with the 3 kids. There are so many dynamics that go on even if kids are in non-broken homes.

Last edited:
The 17 year old is an USAF member, think the minimum is 17 with a diploma or ged?
Guessing she has graduated and waiting to go to training? I can see having the bio mom and stepmom not getting along but what does that have to do with the 17 year old leaving also? It’s confusing.

How did it happen that the stepmom is staying in the house, did stepmom leave the house before bio mom got there or was there an altercation and stepmom left? I am surprised the dad and bio mom are staying in the house. Lots of odd things.

Okay, so sunset was approximately 5:15 on Monday. That means he should have been home around 5:30-5:45 at the latest. Dad says that within a few hours of not coming home SM knew something was wrong. Does he mean within a few hours of leaving or a few hours after he should have been home. That would put the time around either 6:30-7:00 ish or 9:30-10:00 ish.
In the next paragraph Dad says it was about 30 minutes past the time he should have been home, “started to worry at that point”.

He then states he called around to various friends because they didn’t know which one he had planned to go to. “Eventually, the police were called.”
This makes the timeline very loosey goosey to me.
I think he meant within a few hours after he left.

Once it got dark and he was expected home, she likely started wondering where he was and by 6:30 or 7:00 she was probably worried enough to call her husband. Then maybe that's when he started calling friends to see if they had seen him.

Was the dad still away at that time? Do we know when he returned home?

Imo

Do we even know if it was SM who called 911? But I bet the police conducted interviews along the lines you are mentioning. Even with Watts they knew to keep him talking. Coder had him write down, first, in his own words, what happened, then interrogation.

Last edited:
I think he meant within a few hours after he left.

Once it got dark and he was expected home, she likely started wondering where he was and by 6:30 or 7:00 she was probably worried enough to call her husband. Then maybe that's when he started calling friends to see if they had seen him.

Was the dad still away at that time? Do we know when he returned home?

Imo
Yes. The Dad was away in OK on Nat’l Guard duty. He returned home to CO on Tuesday as did bio mom who lives in SC.

The reason I am picky about the times is because of the discrepancy between the time of the dispatch call which was reported as 6:55 and the time of deputies arrival at 10:09.

MOO and a little bit of insight....

Anything you do on a computer/internet/phone etc. etc., leaves an electronic trail that can be recovered/tracked etc.

I just found out that when you delete something on your computer it's not really deleted. When you delete, your hard drive relegates that space as available but it remains until you need the space and then it's overwritten by the new data but ONLY if your hard drive is full and NEEDS to free up space. So, things you think you deleted and are long gone may never go away if your hard drive doesn't need the space. Scary thought.

Here's the other thing, LE has the most incredible software that allows them to do things and find stuff on electronic devices that is just incredible. (I have a friend who is a Forensics Investigator specializing in electronic forensics) The stuff they can find, and do, is amazing.

I think it's a great thought, and I'm sure LE is checking to see when Gannon last played on his gaming system. If he was as "into" it as reported, it would be very interesting to see when he last played, and with whom.

Agreed 100%. While regular users can't access the data trail, I have no doubt investigators can find exactly what they're looking for. I very clearly remember all the data uncovered in the trial against Millard & Smitch for killing Tim Bosma, and even though I knew it was possible to do those things, I was still impressed at how much they were able to retrieve. And that was how many years ago now? I can only imagine how much more advanced the procedures are now. No question they've likely already looked at his game console and found whatever they needed there.

In her field interview SM implied that BD had taken sides against her. (near the end)

Did the boy call his father for permission to leave the house? I haven't read where he asked SM, who, if anyone did he ask?

This is a strange case because so much is out on other media types, that we can't discuss here.

I think there very well may have been some incident for which he got blamed, (rightly or wrongly) some altercation between them, I say that because I have an honorary PhD in having a "step mother" when I was that age, whom my father never should have married. Think corporal punishment. But I haven't seen any proof at all that she didn't love the kid, take good care of him, etc. Or that she was anything but kind to him.

I wonder how much time in that 2 years the BD had actually been away from home, leaving her with the 3 kids. There are so many dynamics that go on even if kids are in non-broken homes.
Oh, wow, I didn't realize that she herself implied he was turning against her. I'll have to watch the interview again.

That may be one reason behind her wanting to do the interview, being defensive, and appearing alone and without the husband.

That she is so upset about what is being said on SM is probably a good reason why she should have refrained from doing an interview in the first place.

Hopefully this woman doesn't turn out to be anything like the stepmother you had.

I wonder about the family dynamics also. Did she get along with all the kids? Was it difficult for her to be left alone with them and was this a regular occurrence?
There is a lot we don't know but it is interesting that she mentioned the conflict between her and her husband.
Not to mention what the mother of the kids must feel about her.

Imo

Me too. She is so defensive for someone who lost a child on her watch. No matter what happened - she is a mother figure to him and should be SAD and terrified for him. I would like to think she didn't actually do something to him, but her coldness makes me think she could. The fact the dad seems to have sided against her - huge, giant red flag and major insight into her character and/or evidence. You know who you are married to and he also knows his son. Something horrific happened and I don't think it's just her getting mad and he took off.....the fact the phone search about tracking seems to have totally gone off the radar....LE knows it was fake and planted. It wouldn't have been needed anyway if he truly did just take off. She would have nothing to be defensive about in interviews. She would be sad and worried. Apologetic and pleading to him. IMO. Also can't believe she is shopping during this time?? Can she not even fake sadness? Sorry I will stop now.

Just thinking out loud here, but do we really know this is a fact?
I mean... it came from her, so why do we automatically believe she was asked to leave the home or whatever it was she said?
For all we know, she flipped out at the idea of Gannon's mom staying at the house, and took her older daughter and left. Of course I'm not saying this is what she did, but I'm saying it hasn't really been reported elsewhere (that I know of) that Gannon's dad has booted her out or anything.
Just considering the alternate possibilities.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member