Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wow!! "LE should not call a missing child a runaway just because an adult says so" Note the REPORTING ADULT, (who would usually have the child's best interest.) Boy LE can't win for losing. Agree to Disagree.

My post was not anti-LE, just wondering why the word “missing” would not be enough when a child is “missing”. We all know “runaway” gets less attention from the public. Not saying LE should do anything differently...it is just the connotation of the term “runaway” that is discouraging. Jmo

I think the best part of the Web Sleuths forum is that the moderators try very hard to keep rumors at bay by allowing links and comments to be restricted to conventional news sources and law enforcement sources, so there has been some vetting done of information before it is posted. I am still new here, and just starting to understand why certain things are frowned upon.

For example, I follow Twitter and occasionally listen to the police scanner during wildfires, which are all too common in this area. However, I try not to consider anything a true threat until confirmed by news station accounts or El Paso country public affairs for the sheriff, etc. Otherwise, one can scare oneself silly as one did when an over-excited person tweeted that the Black Forest fire of 2013 had jumped CO 83 heading west. This would have had a direct bearing on where I lived at the time but was fortunately not true.

A middle-school aged boy with autism in our neighborhood went missing 4 or 5 years ago. It was in the winter, after dark, and my husband and I went out and walked all over the neighborhood, in the parks, along the roads, you name it. And we weren't alone, there were numerous other people doing the same. Luckily, that boy was found at his school a few miles away. But there was definitely a sense of panic from the parents, the neighbors, etc. until he was found. TS's apparent lack of concern about Gannon just seems so out of the norm!

All I can say is I would be out of my mind and in an all-hands-on-deck panic mode if one of my kids or their friends went missing!! There seemed to be more urgency and distress in the members of the neighborhood & strangers helping to look for him than his own SM, who was responsible for his oversight & care at the time he went missing.

Last edited:
That does not make sense to me. LE should not call a missing child a runaway just because an adult says so...status should have been simply “missing” until investigated...status should not be up to the caller imo.
What other information are they supposed to go on? The initial details they are given in the beginning are crucial to the investigation. Once they exhausted that lead, they changed the status to a missing person. It's no-ones fault but the caller who initially gave them the information. Imo

I wonder why they carried an orange cone out. Who in the world owns an orange cone?

I assumed the orange cone was part of the equipment from the CSI team. They usually mark areas were evidence is found for photographing. Not sure why there was just one, but that was my take on what I saw. One cone, one bag of evidence came out yesterday from the video.

I assumed the orange cone was part of the equipment from the CSI team. They usually mark areas were evidence is found for photographing. Not sure why there was just one, but that was my take on what I saw. One cone, one bag of evidence cameout yesterday from what we saw on video.

Maybe they were using the cone to keep the investigators from stepping into a certain area so they marked it with the cone?

Got it:
Volunteer Search for GANNON (Military Only)
by Major Jason Reed 720-930-1313

Free
Share this event

Date And Time
Fri, February 28, 2020

8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST

3310 Walker Road

Colorado Springs, CO 80908

View Map

Event description

Gannon's father is a member of the CONG and has been missing for over 4 weeks now. Volunteers from the CONG are needed to aid in the search

Members of the CONG are needed to aid in the search of Gannon Stauch. This search is being treated as law enforcement sensitive and those assisting may not post any related information on social media or other public platforms.

Members of the CONG who choose to aid in search efforts must be in civilian clothes and must have their military ID with them.

Members of the CONG who choose to aid in search efforts shall not be in a duty status. This is a volunteer mission only.

Shift times are 0800-1200 and 1200-1700

Reporting location: 3310 Walker Road, Colorado Springs, CO (vicinity of Hwy 105 and Hwy 83). Check in at the El Paso County Mobile Command Vehicle.

Volunteer Search for GANNON (Miiltary Only)

ETA: @Silverheels where is this in relation to that previous search?

Last edited:
I do field diagnostics for research projects and this is generally true and very right on.

However, I've been taken in twice by someone who is clearly on the Antisocial/Narcissist boundary. In one of the cases, I was not exactly taken in, but I did not think the person was clinically diagnosable. I noticed the lying on practically the first day I met her (she was and is no longer a high ranking college administrator). There are quite a few N/ASP people in administration, I've come to see. Very few among the teaching ranks, as various processes weed them out.

So, IOW, in my own personal life, I still get taken in.

They can be very charming, but one clue is that you might notice them talking cr#p about the very people they are charming to (or scheming outright to harm or defraud them). The ordinary, every day Narcissist/APD person has no trouble lying to their relationship partner, and is particularly prone to various types of affairs. If they require a constant audience of admirers, it's quite difficult for them if they can't get access to their group (whom they also use to manipulate, to provide alibis for their other actions, etc). Both of the people I'm speaking about have performed criminal actions, both have been given mere slaps on the wrist (asked to resign, details undisclosed to press, etc).
I was married to a (diagnosed-APD) sociopath. He was extremely charming at first glance. It was only after yearsss of therapy that I’m able to see the picture more clearly now.
They’re extremely fragile, insecure humans that will do literally anything to preserve their ego and feel validated in whatever that may be... because “ME”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member