Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OR...

And this is attributing much more forethought to TS than I care to...

What if the rental car is a diversion?

"Here, take this phone, take this car, and drive around wherever for a long time, I have something I need to take care of."

I can't imagine anyone willing to be her accomplice, though. That would require a whole lot of trust.
I suppose any part of it could be a diversion. Going shopping, getting lost, trading in sports equipment, wearing an Apple Watch. We pretty much have to consider all of it and also be suspect of all of it at the same time.;) Unless it’s confirmed by LE of course.

That and a million other things. Speaking to Arias. I was obsessed with it too. Juan Martinez was brilliant. Resulting in many of us becoming Juanettes :D .
BBM: So that’s what that means. I’ve seen Juanettes around here for years and had no idea what it referred to. After all this time, I finally found out. Thank you! One mystery solved.

OR...

And this is attributing much more forethought to TS than I care to...

What if the rental car is a diversion?

"Here, take this phone, take this car, and drive around wherever for a long time, I have something I need to take care of."

I can't imagine anyone willing to be her accomplice, though. That would require a whole lot of trust.
I think so to.

I know that a Nintendo switch can hook up to Wi-Fi to play online games.

Gannon was playing his switch in the car the day they went to petco, TS stated this.

Could this set off a ping location?

Has the switch been recovered?

Didn't TS state she picked up an electronic device, that Gannon dropped?

Could the sorting through snow be looking for switch parts?

bbm
I am way behind here, but in skimming posts, I saw that the rental car was impounded at the airport. Do we know when it was impounded? Even though the investigation has not been termed 'criminal', the impounding of a car is only done under some circumstances: the car was involved in a crime, the car is evidence of a crime, or it presents a public safety hazard. Obviously there was no public safety problem at the Budget parking lot, so we are left with LE suspecting it was involved in a crime or has evidence of a crime. Just wondering when they decided to impound it...
The following snipped from When Can Police Impound a Car? | LegalMatch
View attachment 235465
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the evidence LE has compiled. JMO
I would bet "probable cause".

I am way behind here, but in skimming posts, I saw that the rental car was impounded at the airport. Do we know when it was impounded? Even though the investigation has not been termed 'criminal', the impounding of a car is only done under some circumstances: the car was involved in a crime, the car is evidence of a crime, or it presents a public safety hazard. Obviously there was no public safety problem at the Budget parking lot, so we are left with LE suspecting it was involved in a crime or has evidence of a crime. Just wondering when they decided to impound it...
View attachment 235465
Impounded is my word. Seized or taken may be a more accurate description.

My questioning is this...if LE already had TS’s cell phone the 28th then, the 950 mile trip would have taken place after they had her phone.

Could this possibly hamper one of LE’s means of tracking her whereabouts after the fact when time may have allowed to ditch incriminating evidence..as in after the fact? Could they be looking for a burner phone?

MOO

I doubt LE impounded or took TS's cell phone a little over 12 hours after GS was reported missing. He was still being treated as a runaway then. Why take the phone of his caretaker? LE may have their Spidey senses tingling but I doubt they were impounding her phone. She still could have had a "burner" phone I guess. JMO

As far as accomplices go...I remember in Kyron’s case, this kept coming up whenever stumbling blocks appeared that took away from TH being able to have “pulled it off” by herself...I doubt there was more than one perp in either case, jmo.

I doubt LE impounded or took TS's cell phone a little over 12 hours after GS was reported missing. He was still being treated as a runaway then. Why take the phone of his caretaker? LE may have their Spidey senses tingling but I doubt they were impounding her phone. She still could have had a "burner" phone I guess. JMO
It WOULD be nice to know when her phone was taken and when she was questioned extensively. I agree with you it probably took a couple days to shift from routine runaway treatment to suspicion, even if they did initially have some misgivings.

Does that sound like she thought that LE could not tell where she went in the rental, does to me?

I kind of thought she did not think they could not track the car..but they could the watch..so wonder where the watch went. Possible to have 2? Know they are pricey but my niece has 2. Wanted a newer version or something. She specifically says LE could track the watch. I don't trust that obvious hint.. Watch the Watch

Here for Gannon.

Today's treats.

View attachment 235463

Omgosh they look so good. But I hate your profile pic. ;)

I was remembering when I was younger a Saturday night a friend and I were bored and decided to drive to Chicago at midnight. It's about 450 miles/5-6 hours from where we lived. We arrived around 6am, ate breakfast, spent the day downtown, and were home by 11pm Sunday night, so in less than 24 hours we put on more than 1000 miles. To be young again, right?

I'm into the idea that someone else mentioned (I'm sorry, I forgot which member)--that she went to check the on place she left Gannon and/or hide more evidence. I don't think it was 400 miles away though either, I just think she drove around a LOT for whatever reason, maybe to "disappear" when things got too hot after AS and LH arrived.

Yet another thing bothering me--she wants to disguise herself, the car from Gannon. Let's say she had nothing to do with his disappearance. She doesn't know with any certainty that he ran away. In fact, she herself hints at someone in a "suspicious vehicle" picking up Gannon. In case he was abducted, or even if he ran away you'd *want* him to be able to easily spot you!
If my son ran away by the next day he'd surely be scared, hungry, cold, and missing his mom and all of his toys back home. I wouldn't even give him four hours before he's ready to come back home.
But her story is he ran away, she knows what really happened so her mind won't entertain any other possibility.

No idea, Check the 2 recent Crimeonlne articles. That may be where it was most recently verified. I read about it ages ago but I dismissed it as social media rumor.
Doesn’t seem to be mentioned in those. So far I haven’t found it elsewhere either so I am starting to feel like we don’t know for sure whether LE has taken this vehicle into custody.

View attachment 235465

Obviously, LE suspects that TS is involved in something they're investigating, something that could have involved that car. In order to impound it, they contact a judge, who issues a search warrant.

But they still will not officially announce this is a criminal investigation.

We do not know when it was impounded.

Gannon was playing his switch in the car the day they went to petco, TS stated this.

Wi-Fi isn't like cellular (cells distributed throughout large areas). Wi-Fi is only available where wi-fi has been set up in a home (via ISP, cable modem and wi-fi router) or a business (think Starbucks). The Switch and any other device dependent on Wi-Fi to connect to gaming or other servers would not remain connected while driving (or otherwise walking outside the perimeter of a wi-fi signal coverage) as there is no broadcast wi-fi signal broadly available to cover distances.

dbm
double post

sorry, but we can't discuss petco

Obviously, LE suspects that TS is involved in something they're investigating, something that could have involved that car. In order to impound it, they contact a judge, who issues a search warrant.

But they still will not officially announce this is a criminal investigation.

We do not know when it was impounded.
I haven’t even been able to find any place that verifies the rental car WAS ever impounded.

Wi-Fi isn't like cellular (cells distributed throughout large areas). Wi-Fi is only available where wi-fi has been set up in a home (via ISP, cable modem and wi-fi router) or a business (think Starbucks). The Switch and any other device dependent on Wi-Fi to connect to gaming or other servers would not remain connected while driving (or otherwise walking outside the perimeter of a wi-fi signal coverage) as there is no broadcast wi-fi signal broadly available to cover distances.

In the car, my son connects his switch to my cell data w Verizon. Using hotspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow