Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
+
We're a crazy breed here, right Zha? haha Especially if the post I read earlier was correct that she went to Garden of the Gods. It is ALWAYS packed. You couldn't drop off a kid there without someone noticing a child wandering around and needing help within a couple hours, and you definitely couldn't get enough privacy to hide a body or much evidence. For non-locals, envision how busy your neighborhood park might be on a nice day, and Garden of the Gods is probably like that or busier.
On the Sunday Gannon went missing I took my kids to the park and we played kickball. I BEGGED them to keep their coats on but they ended up in short sleeves and tank tops. A friend went hiking in RMNP (which was the 105 year anniversary of the park so I'm sure it was busy!).

Last edited:
She might be able to but I doubt she would be willing to.

Although as far as I know she hasn't made any more statements since her interview and there has been no word about her since.

I wonder if she has been interviewed by LE.

Imo
Well, LE said they asked that the footage not be released.

Maybe he thought it was ok since he described what was in the video but didn't show it.

Imo
I think this is likely. I would have to go back and look, but didn’t the initial reporter say they weren’t releasing the video till they got the ok from LE? That didn’t prohibit the neighbor from talking about what was in the video.

on the other hand this might also be a tactic being used by LE to scare the SM. Publicly ridiculing the leak to make it seem like they are on SM’s side, but privately giving the ok to leak the contents to scare SM into making a mistake.

The neighbor may have spoken to the media because he believed they wouldn't air anything until LE allowed it.

If there's a breach, I put it on the media that leaked it, not the neighbor who wants only to help.

JMO
But why would he agree to an interview in the first place if he thought they were not going to print what he said?

Or rather, why would he think they wouldn't reveal the relevant information since that was likely the purpose for the interview in the first place?

Investigators in El Paso County are asking neighbors of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch to check their security camera video for possible clues. The little boy’s stepmother reported that he was last seen between 3:15 and 4 p.m. Jan. 27. However, in a news conference on Tuesday, investigators asked neighbors to also review security footage in the days leading up to that time.

“If you do have those video cameras and you live in that neighborhood, we absolutely ask that you look through those… it might not just be a focus on that Monday, focus on days prior, anything, any bit of information is very valuable to this case,” said El Paso County Sgt. Deborah Mynatt.

“Any piece in this investigation is big for us… even if to everyday citizens it might appear to be small, it is, to us, a very big part,” Mynatt stated. “This video may be a big part.”

When asked if the timeline of Gannon’s disappearance was now in question, Mynatt answered, “The timeline in this entire case is going to be looked at.”
Search For Gannon Stauch: Investigators Ask Neighbors To Check Security Video

But why would he agree to an interview in the first place if he thought they were not going to print what he said?

Or rather, why would he think they wouldn't reveal the relevant information since that was likely the purpose for the interview in the first place?
Well remember the Connie Chung, Newt Ginrich's Mom thing. I bet they made him think they wouldn't air it until later. Just Like Connie Chung did.
MOO

I wonder if she drove him to a friend or a acquaintance and left him with them for any number of reasons. I wonder if that is why she is so sure he is alive and will return.
That would require the third party to sit out all that’s going on. Who would do that? And even if she’s innocent, why say he ran away if you know you left him somewhere? And if he ran away from the third party, why talk to the press about what a victim you are, instead of telling the FBI you left him safe and well at Bob or Susan’s house and neither one of you can find him?

I think this is likely. I would have to go back and look, but didn’t the initial reporter say they weren’t releasing the video till they got the ok from LE? That didn’t prohibit the neighbor from talking about what was in the video.

on the other hand this might also be a tactic being used by LE to scare the SM. Publicly ridiculing the leak to make it seem like they are on SM’s side, but privately giving the ok to leak the contents to scare SM into making a mistake.
Yeah, I think he just figured since he wasn't showing the actual video he could justify releasing the information.

But I don't think LE would use that kind of tactic. Normally they do not want a suspect to know what evidence they have. If anything it just gives her a heads up so she can try to stay ahead of the game.
I would think they would not want to give anyone a chance to destroy or hide any evidence, either.

Imo

That would require the third party to sit out all that’s going on. Who would do that? And even if she’s innocent, why say he ran away if you know you left him somewhere? And if he ran away from the third party, why talk to the press about what a victim you are,
I wonder if she drove him to a friend or a acquaintance and left him with them for any number of reasons. I wonder if that is why she is so sure he is alive and will return.
Zannie the Nannie strikes again.
Pulease.
MOO

Yeah, I think he just figured since he wasn't showing the actual video he could justify releasing the information.

But I don't think LE would use that kind of tactic. Normally they do not want a suspect to know what evidence they have. If anything it just gives her a heads up so she can try to stay ahead of the game.
I would think they would not want to give anyone a chance to destroy or hide any evidence, either.

Imo
Good point. I think you are correct.

+

On the Sunday Gannon went missing I took my kids to the park and we played kickball. I BEGGED them to keep their coats on but they ended up in short sleeves and tank tops. A friend went hiking in RMNP (which was the 105 year anniversary of the park so I'm sure it was busy!).
With our low relative humidity, I’m regularly out in a t-shirt or light jacket in the middle of winter. Not to mention that it’s not unusual to have 60-65 degree days in February. I have pics of my littles wearing shorts in February, much to the amazement of family who live in more humid climes.

We want you to report the factual information. Things that you’ve seen, and it might not even be that Monday, it could have been the week prior, anything that you might have seen with your own eyes, is information that we’d like you to provide,” Mynatt said.

“Are you assuming he’s dead or alive?” a reporter asked Tuesday.

“Not going to comment on that,” Mynatt said. “We have the best hope that he is alive and we’re going to find him and bring him home… each of the people that are involved in this investigation all have that same hope.”
Search For Gannon Stauch: Investigators Ask Neighbors To Check Security Video

What puzzles me is the father had apparently kicked the SM out of the house when BM arrived, and BM is staying there with him. This was days before neighbor told him about the video. What did he know then about her?
What kind of marriage is it when your husband tells you to go, then lets ex wife in. What exactly did she DO to get kicked out ?

I think the neighbor leaked the details to the media but I doubt it was approved by LE.

They usually don't want any details to be released in order to protect the investigation.

They won't even name any POI's or a suspect in this case.

There could be several involved for all we know.

Imo
Maybe LE wanted it released.

Imo
bbm
Hope not !

I had a feeling LE were already watching her very closely.
Maybe others as well.
Hope this case breaks wide open soon !
Gannon's mom and dad need answers !

What puzzles me is the father had apparently kicked the SM out of the house when BM arrived, and BM is staying there with him. This was days before neighbor told him about the video. What did he know then about her?
What kind of marriage is it when your husband tells you to go, then lets ex wife in. What exactly did she DO to get kicked out ?

I know that BM’s aunt made a post on FB after the infamous tv interview by SM, asking people not to believe her insinuations about BM, and that SM’s stories kept changing so why should anyone believe her.

so, i would assume that the husband and BM already had their suspicions that something wasn’t right with SM.

MOO

I think the neighbor leaked the details to the media but I doubt it was approved by LE.

They usually don't want any details to be released in order to protect the investigation.

They won't even name any POI's or a suspect in this case.

There could be several involved for all we know.

Imo
LE did not approve...the Sheriffs rep at the press conference said they maintain the original request that it not be made public and that if any media were to call ask even now, their answer would be the same. I am so sorry this info was leaked/aired. I pray it doesn't hinder the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18