Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I’m so afraid that he got dropped off in the desolate landscape somewhere injured but alive. That way the party responsible for doing so could say with a straight face that he is alive and keep repeating that narrative and blocking out the inevitability.
Unfortunately, there have been too many of these same stories on websleuths, and I have never seen it that they abandoned the kid alive somewhere. In this day and age it leaves an opening that the kid will be found alive and able to talk.

Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for Gannon Stauch

I went back to the original article where this news team was asked not to share the video or what was on it - yet we now know the neighbor described it despite what LE asked of the news - so what gives ? The neighbor doesn’t strike me as a 15 min of fame type - did he get approval to say what he saw later and is doing so? For a strategic reason in the investigation? My guess is yes - it’s all orchestrated and timed for a reason - It’s these little inconsistencies that make me think there is way more going on ...
JMO
I'm still trying to catch up this evening so this may have already been addressed. Last night the news lady (forget her name, and the channel - the one standing in front of the house at dusk, when it was snowing) specifically said that they (the news folks) have a copy of the surveillance video but that LE ask them not to share anything about it until they (LE) give their approval. [all of that paraphrased]

Since info about it was shared today, I can only suspect LE gave the go ahead. Otherwise, I suspect charges could be filed against the station for interfering in a police investigation. I doubt the station went ahead without permission, and I doubt the neighbor did either. He seems like a legit stand up guy, not a media hound.

What puzzles me is the father had apparently kicked the SM out of the house when BM arrived, and BM is staying there with him. This was days before neighbor told him about the video. What did he know then about her?
What kind of marriage is it when your husband tells you to go, then lets ex wife in. What exactly did she DO to get kicked out ?

What my thoughts are is that BD had misgivings about her story from the beginning. Or that BM did and BD took his Ex side over his wife. But, from everything I have read (and heard on the GH video) their marriage didn't start out in the most healthy way so maybe it wasn't very strong in the first place, and this just send it over the edge. But, I would put money on BD not believing the SM.

Yeah, I think he just figured since he wasn't showing the actual video he could justify releasing the information.

But I don't think LE would use that kind of tactic. Normally they do not want a suspect to know what evidence they have. If anything it just gives her a heads up so she can try to stay ahead of the game.
I would think they would not want to give anyone a chance to destroy or hide any evidence, either.

Imo
And the media outlets have the savvy that the layperson neighbor does not. It’s on them imo. Smh

I'm still trying to catch up this evening so this may have already been addressed. Last night the news lady (forget her name, and the channel - the one standing in front of the house at dusk, when it was snowing) specifically said that they (the news folks) have a copy of the surveillance video but that LE ask them not to share anything about it until they (LE) give their approval. [all of that paraphrased]

Since info about it was shared today, I can only suspect LE gave the go ahead. Otherwise, I suspect charges could be filed against the station for interfering in a police investigation. I doubt the station went ahead without permission, and I doubt the neighbor did either. He seems like a legit stand up guy, not a media hound.
My thoughts as well - it’s certainly an odd sequence of events IMO

It always surprises me how many times criminal or just shady activity is caught on video outside a house. Don't they know everyone has cameras nowadays? I could load 3 dead bodies in my car and no one would ever see because I would do it INSIDE MY GARAGE!
And the neighbor across the street with the $1,000 cam calibrated to a mile away, would pick it up. :p

Ugh I’m so afraid that he got dropped off in the desolate landscape somewhere injured but alive. That way the party responsible for doing so could say with a straight face that he is alive and keep repeating that narrative and blocking out the inevitability.
I 100% agree with you! I think he was poisoned or somehow impaired when he got in the truck with SM. She may have had to drive for a while to make sure he passed out/fell asleep before she left him somewhere to fend for himself.

I wonder if she drove him to a friend or a acquaintance and left him with them for any number of reasons. I wonder if that is why she is so sure he is alive and will return.
You think a friend is going to aid and abet this woman's scheme to keep her stepson from returning home? They'll do time too! plus, it's been a week now, no offense, but I don't think this is the case. if it is, I'll eat my hat!

On Monday, Roderrick Drayton, a neighbor of Stauch’s, shared surveillance video from his home that captured footage of what he says shows Stauch and his stepmother, Leticia Stauch, getting into a red truck in the driveway of their Colorado Springs home on Monday, Jan. 27 – the day the boy went missing. The video later, Drayton said, shows the truck returning hours later but with only the stepmother appearing to get out.

“I just kind of backtracked from Saturday to Monday, and that’s when I caught some information,” he said.

ABC News reported Tuesday that a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office did not dispute Drayton’s account of what the video showed but said it was just a piece in the investigation.
Neighbor says surveillance video shows missing Springs boy
Eta:
Leticia Stauch did not answer a phone call seeking comment Tuesday afternoon. Albert Stauch, Gannon's father, said he had been advised to route any requests for comment to the sheriff's office.

I 100% agree with you! I think he was poisoned or somehow impaired when he got in the truck with SM. She may have had to drive for a while to make sure he passed out/fell asleep before she left him somewhere to fend for himself.

Forgive me, I know where you are going with this, but why would someone do that knowing they run the risk of the kid somehow making it for help? Has there EVER been a case where this happened? Unfortunately, I think this was far more nefarious.

I think it was the station out of Denver that released the info. I listened to the presser again, and the Sgt was talking about the female reporter about having a good relationship with them, which, IMO, was a local reporter. I doubt any Denver stations were at the press conference since it wasn't really planned ahead. I'm guessing the Denver stationed just didn't care about releasing in the info and just wanted the clicks/views.
MOO

Has there been any discussion or thought around whether anyone thinks SM left the area? Canon City (and Royal Gorge) is only a little over an hour away. Are there any searches elsewhere in CO or are they only focused on CO Sprgs?

Day 3.

***I'm going to repost these quotes every day until GS is found:

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

"….I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

Reporter: "Any message for Gannon?"

Her: "The message for Gannon is, Gannon, when you get here, you'll be able to truly tell what happened, and then, I REALLLY hope I get a sincere apology from EVERYone who has made <sic> ALLLL those things…."
ok......but why repost every day?
That aside, this just screams narcissism on the SM's part! It's allllll about HER! This is a prime example of a true narcissist, a sociopath(or psychopath) and a True C-NT! She's not going to get an apology, from anybody! (no matter the outcome of this poor little guy) I hope Karma kicks her *advertiser censored* for years to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18