Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so maybe this is crazy, but I had my 11 y.o. daughter look at the unknown object/people/person in the picture of the guy walking. She immediately said “It looks like an old vacuum that someone set out by the road to be picked up”. Once she said that, I immediately saw it.

Edit: Fixed weird autocorrect and also adding that if it was a vacuum set out by the road for pickup, that would explain why it wasn’t there later.

No need to apologize...I know, I'm on edge, too.
:( So many are pulling for Gannon:( I keep refreshing the page and Googling for updates, etc. Looking for any indications of him being found, not knowing what is taking so long and what LE is doing behind the scenes...this is so very hard for us, here, I can not even begin to imagine what his parents and loved ones are feeling. I'm so appreciative of you and other locals being here. It is so helpful.

Okay, so maybe this is crazy, but I had my 11 y.o. daughter look at the unknown object/people/person in the picture of the guy walking. She immediately said “aIt looks like an old vacuum that someone set out by the road to be picked up”. Once she said that, I immediately saw it.
That’s what I was thinking, not so much a vacuum but some kind of trash. I am not in CO but here on garbage day or before is a great time to put out stuff you want to get rid of, someone will pick it up off the curb

There are people posting gifs of electric chairs, telling them they need to die overkill themselves, and insinuating that SM's entire family deserves whatever fate she gets. While I do think she had something to do with whatever happened, she doesn't seem to be exaggerating the threats.
What bothers me is that she mentions the threats at all. Her 11 year old bonus child is missing and she's focussed on the bad PR she's getting on social media?...Not a good sign IMO.

Looking at the surveillance time stamps from that news broadcast, it appears they show the minutes and hours around 10pm.

Now, assuming that’s when something big was caught on video, this would have to be Sunday night.

We know this because deputies arrived at approximately 10pm on Monday. So whatever happened, happened on Sunday night.

*Added screenshot from link shared by @Angelo

The problem with these still images is this:

They're like a friggin' Rorschach.
The only thing missing is the colored cards.

I'm sure most of us have pored over these in minute detail…I know I have.
I've formed some vague impressions of what I may be seeing in some of those frames.

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing right now what we're looking at, and whether or not it's relevant.
What I think is a person may be a shadow, or a branch, or in fact, nothing at all.

We're all going to project onto those indistinct, undefined camera images what our minds tell us it would make the most contextual sense for us to see, given the situation.

The surveillance video that RD provided LE shows something that's given them "the break they needed."

It's going to be really interesting when we're finally given the explanation of what caught RD's attention when he reviewed his footage.
A lot of us are probably going to be amazed at our active imaginations, including yours truly.

It will likely prove to be a good exercise in how feelings cloud facts.
Perception vs. Reality.
We all think something bad has happened to GS, so we're actively looking for it in the video stills somewhere.

We know that something damning is in RD's security footage…but what?
We may soon find out.
Or we may not.

That video evidence may be held until trial.

JMO.

Last edited:
A sad and disturbing case of a young 11 year old missing. A step-mom’s concerned more about public perception on her part.
Reminds me missing Kyron Horman. This makes me ill thinking about what some people are capable of doing.
Does anyone know how long they have been married. The step mom made reference to watching him for two years.

I also wonder if she was intoxicated at the time of any incident that may have occurred....thus dampening her logic and critical thinking.

IMO

She probably did know about the cameras. But she suddenly has a dead body on her hands. Her choices are limited on getting it out of there. She had no choice but to roll the dice.

MOO.

Okay, so maybe this is crazy, but I had my 11 y.o. daughter look at the unknown object/people/person in the picture of the guy walking. She immediately said “It looks like an old vacuum that someone set out by the road to be picked up”. Once she said that, I immediately saw it.

Edit: Fixed weird autocorrect and also adding that if it was a vacuum set out by the road for pickup, that would explain why it wasn’t there later.
Are you saying the vacuum could have evidence from some sort of clean up and was discarded to hide it?

i saw that too. There was no particular reason for him to bring up sound, but he did.
Eta maybe his tv\audio could pick up sounds his ipad couldn't, if he didn't have the tablet on an amplified speaker.
Even if he heard something, he still went to dad first. Whatever made dad cry was personal to dad and not overtly criminal to the neighbor. Altho enough for the neighbor to take action.

Imo, the shot of the man walking along the street (with "Slenderman" :D at the edge of the Stauch front yard) is simply showing us the angle of the camera and the area it is able to capture. When I first saw that picture, without thinking too hard, I thought it was a man walking and his dog at the edge of the yard. I'm sticking with that. The dog's rump and tail are up, head is down, head closest to the road. I don't think that picture is of any significance other than showing the area captured by the neighbor's camera.

Whatever the neighbor saw must have been recorded Sunday evening, as the stills are very dark. Imo, it was enough for LE to obtain the search warrant for the house that they'd been hoping to get for a while. This is what they meant by it being the break they needed.

The lightened picture with something in the lower right is perplexing. But, imo, if someone knew there was a camera, this is right where they might suspect the camera angle would not be able to catch them.

So have they confirmed who it is walking on the video the way the blurb is written I guess they r saying its Gannon.

(edit:apologies if I missed obvious news I am trying to keep up with the Andrew Caballero case and EU has stupid blocks on some US regional news.)

This is very eye opening.
I thought law enforcement always looked around the area for cameras & asked for any & all video and would have a dedicated team to review it. I thought the FBI assisted in that process.
Now I learn, nope!
Thank God for insomnia and a caring neighbor!

I learned AGAIN...to STOP giving law enforcement the benefit of the doubt on their “investigation”
How many MORE TIMES is it gonna take before I get it through my thick skull?

They did. They actually stated they in the 1-30-20 presser that they collected video evidence and were combing through it.

Nowadays the videos are electronic. Not physical tapes. So the man who stayed up watching probably still had access. The cops likely already downloaded his footage.

Also, this man didn’t just randomly decide to review his footage because he couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t sleep because of the case and missing child next door. So he decided to review it. And saw something. And brought it up.

I believe LE had been doing the same thing at the same time. Remember, they had hours of footage from likely various sources as so many people have security cameras now.

But the bottom line is the FBI was involved. The NMEC Team Adam. They discussed looking at numerous surveillance footage and electronic information.

I am absolutely giving LE the benefit of the doubt. It’s not always perfect but there’s zero to suggest they’re not doing everything they are supposed to. Including reviewing all of that footage.

We don’t know if this wonderful man saw something LE didn’t, caught something before LE did or saw something they were seeing at about the same time.

@book-thinker they were married in 2015
That's really interesting, so they have been married nearly 5 years, or 5 years if they got married in January, but the boy (and his sister?) didn't come live with them until 2 years ago. SM said the boy has lived with them for 2 years. Before that presumably the household was sm, daughter and bd, looks like.

The problem with these still images is this:

They're like a friggin' Rorschach inkblot test.
The only thing missing are the colored cards.

I'm sure most of us have pored over these in minute detail.
I know I have…and I've formed some vague impressions of what I may be seeing in some of those frames.

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing right now what we're looking at, and whether or not it's relevant.
What I think is a person may be a shadow, or a branch, or in fact, nothing at all.

We're all going to project onto those indistinct, undefined images what our minds think it would make the most sense given the context of the situation.

Our perceptions and interpretations of what we're seeing are going to be viewed from an extremely subjective lens.

The surveillance video that RD provided LE shows something that has given them the break they needed.

It's going to be really interesting when we're able to see the relevant portion of the video what was captured.
A lot of us are going to be amazed at our imaginative creations.

It will actually be a good exercise in how feelings cloud facts.
We feel like something bad has happened to GS, so we're looking for it in the video stills somewhere.

Something damning is in RD's security footage…but what?
For now, it's an open question

We may soon find out.
Or we may not.

That video evidence may be held until trial.

JMO.
Extremely well said @GordianKnot We see what we want to see in these instances. I agree...who knows when or if the media will show the clip from the neighbor's camera that is relevant. Me personally, I don't need to see it...if it helps find Gannon or bring about an arrest and some semblance of answers for Gannon's parents, that is all that matters to me. MOO

Imo, the shot of the man walking along the street (with "Slenderman" :D at the edge of the Stauch front yard) is simply showing us the angle of the camera and the area it is able to capture. When I first saw that picture, without thinking too hard, I thought it was a man walking and his dog at the edge of the yard. I'm sticking with that. The dog's rump and tail are up, head is down, head closest to the road. I don't think that picture is of any significance other than showing the area captured by the neighbor's camera.

Whatever the neighbor saw must have been recorded Sunday evening, as the stills are very dark. Imo, it was enough for LE to obtain the search warrant for the house that they'd been hoping to get for a while. This is what they meant by it being the break they needed.

The lightened picture with something in the lower right is perplexing. But, imo, if someone knew there was a camera, this is right where they might suspect the camera angle would not be able to catch them.

BBM
Does, the home belong to the father? I would think he would allow them to search the house without a warrant.

I just don't think the media is showing anything sleuth worthy. Especially after LE told them not to. But what do I know.
I agree now but ... I believe there was a very brief moment when the actual footage was released and then written over with a new video and this could be what is driving rampant speculation IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230