Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Common man” has many cameras. I think everybody in my neighborhood has a camera or 5 of some sort on their property. They really are NOT the expensive and super easy to use (I also have them). So if I go missing from my house I guarantee someone will have it on their footage.
I agree with this. We have several that we purchased NIB off FB Marketplace. They weren't expensive and we were able to install them ourselves as well as our video doorbell. I even have a camera in the "dog room" to check on the pups when I'm not at home.

I really would like to know how often she drove the truck. Some people have said it looks like she may have taken a bag in the truck in case Gannon vomited . If it was the father's primary vehicle, he would notice any dirt, or mess that was not there when he last drove it. I would think LE would check every car wash video in the area for that truck. Jmho.

Also gas stations!! 4 hrs is a long time with those gas guzzlers. She more than likely needed to fill it up if it wasn't totally full to start with. Could help find her route if she left her phone behind.

What we do know from MSM:

•Gannon was last seen on surveillance footage getting into a red truck on Monday at 10:13 am. He left with his stepmom TS.
•The truck returned some 4 hours later with just TS and no Gannon.
•Approximately 4 hours later the call for a missing person comes in. TS states Gannon left the house on foot at 3:15 to an unknown friends house.

Why would anyone who had nothing to do with his disappearance do that?

Why would anyone who does have something to do with his disappearance do that?

After reading the neighbor’s description of his slow walk, my thought is this:
Gannon stayed home unexpectedly due to not feeling well. TS has plans already and decided to bring Gannon with. Whatever those plans were she may have not wanted him to observe her so she gave him a sedative. He passes accidentally and she panics and disposed of the body and goes into coverup mode.

Lot of cameras?. Too many? Common man has this kind of money for this?. New neighborhood, nice houses but protected his house like fort knox?. Video missed by L.E?. who finds the new video? What does he do with it? What should he have done with it? How did he find it again? Oh - just exploring various options - She know him? IMO

These cameras don't cost much; lots of people use them. You can get one for well under $100 and it syncs to your phone, so you know when it's activated by motion.

I'm not sure what else you're implying. It sounds to me as if she claimed he was home all day and left between 3:15 and 4 pm. Neighbor checks his footage and doesn't see Gannon leaving during that time. Then someone (neighbor, LE, who knows) realizes they should check earlier times to see if anything shows up. They do.

I seriously doubt she knew the camera was there - they're inconspicuous. You're not going to notice it unless you're on his porch, looking up.

And FWIW though on another topic - she does have a bandage on her hand, underneath the sweatshirt with the thumbholes. It blends in to her palm so it's difficult to see, but it's there - another poster was sleuthy enough to post photos with the bandage circled in yellow. My thought was that maybe she had her hand over his mouth and he bit her...

Could that have been a shovel wrapped in the brown evidence bag that we saw investigators carrying out of the house?

Remember the bandage on the palm of SM’s left hand?

I know the ground is much too hard to dig in Colorado but I wonder if there’s somewhere with loose gravel?

JMO
Blew up the image you posted of SM's left hand on my MAC and yes....that is a bandage. Good catch!
I have sweat shirts just like that. There is a hole to put your thumb through. It covers half of my palms. MOO

What we do know from MSM:

•Gannon was last seen on surveillance footage getting into a red truck on Monday at 10:13 am. He left with his stepmom TS.
•The truck returned some 4 hours later with just TS and no Gannon.
•Approximately 4 hours later the call for a missing person comes in. TS states Gannon left the house on foot at 3:15 to an unknown friends house.

Why would anyone who had nothing to do with his disappearance do that?

Why would anyone who does have something to do with his disappearance do that?

After reading the neighbor’s description of his slow walk, my thought is this:
Gannon stayed home unexpectedly due to not feeling well. TS has plans already and decided to bring Gannon with. Whatever those plans were she may have not wanted him to observe her so she gave him a sedative. He passes accidentally and she panics and disposed of the body and goes into coverup mode.

Was it confirmed that TS called LE? I thought I read earlier that it was never established and that during a press conference, LE referred to "he" called police?

Was it confirmed that TS called LE? I thought I read earlier that it was never established and that during a press conference, LE referred to "he" called police?
The last press update last night with just the female with dark hair, she confirmed it was TS who was the reporting party. I’ll find the link
ETA link-
At the 11:27 mm she confirms that TS was the caller

I'm late to the party and trying to play catch up. I've read a lot, but I have a few questions that I haven't found answers to.
-Was the red truck at the house the whole time that AS was out of town for work?
-If not, did it first appear on Monday [video footage]?
-I realize the video shows TS & GS leaving around 10:15 AM and TS returning around 2:15 PM w/out GS. Could he possibly still have been in the back of the truck at that point? [sleeping, unconscious, etc.]
-Was the truck still at the home when TS made the call around 6:44 PM to report GS missing? Did the truck stay parked there, or did it move ever again?

**edited for initial change as I'm apparently still sleepy

Kudos to all who have been watching and re-watching the videos and great job on all the various observations, many of which I missed seeing. I gave up after the 4th time last night and will re-watch again today with fresh eyes.

A thought struck me today....could investigators have seen that footage early on and deliberately made mention of NOT seeing Gannon on camera in order to catch stepmonster off guard when they interviewed her?

It would be to their benefit to get her story first before telling her they know she was lying.

Perhaps that is why they said she was uncooperative? Maybe they told her that they knew her story wasn't lining up, but didn't tell her how they knew (based on the video footage they had seen.)

LE could have told AS from the get-go that her story was off (not disclosing the reason why) and maybe that is why she was asked to leave the home?

I hope she cracks under the pressure today and tells them where he is. Self preservation may kick in. It's likely she is now safer in jail than out, since the world knows for sure what a liar she is.

JMO

Last edited:
"I would never, never, ever hurt this child" ... This is an older article, but when I hear the missing child referred to as “this child” I suspect something isn't right.

Same. I remember in one of Chris Watts' many interviews where he vehemently stated "I would never hurt these kids!".

Last edited:

According to one of the videos and public records there, dad’s neighbor/ friend called LE after dad called him asking if he had seen Gannon. At 843 pm. Did she call first? I don’t know. I see above me it was mentioned she did, so there that is

Early report:
Stauch’s stepmother was the last person to see the boy, at their home, off Mandan Drive in Security. She says he left sometime after 3 p.m. to walk to a friend’s house down the street.

When Stauch didn’t return home, his stepmother called the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.
Efforts to find missing 11-year-old ramp up in El Paso County

A thought struck me today....could investigators have seen that footage early on and deliberately made mention of NOT seeing Gannon on camera in order to catch stepmonster off guard when they interviewed her?

I thought this too and saw it mentioned a few times on the boards here and on other social media. The running theory about that was that they did have the footage, it explained the dad kicking her out (she mentioned this in her interview), and the crime scene unit being there yesterday would mean that their warrants to search the house and stuff came through finally? I know there's an issue with one of the stations leaking it before they were meant to, but the theory seemed legit.

I'm late to the party and trying to play catch up. I've read a lot, but I have a few questions that I haven't found answers to.
-Was the red truck at the house the whole time that AS was out of town for work?
-If not, did it first appear on Monday [video footage]?
-I realize the video shows TS & GS leaving around 10:15 AM and TS returning around 2:15 PM w/out GS. Could he possibly still have been in the back of the truck at that point? [sleeping, unconscious, etc.]
-Was the truck still at the home when TS made the call around 6:44 PM to report GS missing? Did the truck stay parked there, or did it move ever again?

**edited for initial change as I'm apparently still sleepy
I think you mean TS/LS? AS is dad.

Bandage is right where the handle of the shovel would cross the thumb causing burn like lacerations on the skin.

Blew up the image you posted of SM's left hand on my MAC and yes....that is a bandage. Good catch!
I have sweat shirts just like that. There is a hole to put your thumb through. It covers half of my palms. MOO

I can’t believe I’m typing this...when I lived out west we had so many mountains and some areas were desolate. The locals knew of spots to dump a car and claim it was stolen for insurance fraud. I saw the graveyard and it was eerie but there were tons of cars at the bottom of this steep mountain. My mother in law joked that she didn’t visit us often because we had too many places to hide a body. She was right. In a panic, I think I would opt to tossing something over the side of what I assume would be a cliff that leads to nowhere.

Hope is all a parent has. That’s why his mother said she needs people to have hope with her. My son was known to be dead right away, so there was no hope. But as a mother, I can understand that when you don’t know, you might understand realistically that your child is gone, - but for that child’s sake, you don’t give up until it’s known to be over. Because there’s nothing more unacceptable and crushing than thinking that child might need that from you, if they’re still here, and you gave up.

That, and people here making statements that they hope, is simply keeping one’s humanity, while recognizing that a tragic ending is plausible and even likely, vs strict rules and codes about merely reading and speaking facts.
Hugs, jillycat. Spoken from the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member