Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, this comes up often in cases where surveillance video is examined. Many people who are right handed, use their left to open the driver's door on their vehicle. I had never even thought about it until it came up here years ago, and sure enough, I do too.

It's awkward and unnatural to use your right hand to open doors on the driver's side if people think about it. Jmo.

I think people forget about a couple of things when it comes to home security footage. First off, LE cannot make you give them your footage. Second is the time that it takes to review the footage.
Now, most people are honest and want to be helpful. They will turn it in voluntarily or watch it themselves and notify LE if they see anything suspicious. However, what if you’re dealing and people are coming to the house at all hours? What if you’re having an affair with a married man or woman? These are a couple of reasons why you might not be as forthcoming with your video.
As for timing, if you want video from roughly when they got home from their hike on Sunday until he allegedly left on Monday afternoon, you are talking at minimum of about 24 hours of video by the number of cameras in the neighborhood. Doing the math, if you have 20 cameras times 24 hours, you have 240 hours of video to go through. That is 10 days of manpower. It is very tedious work and then you have to decipher what you are seeing and track down a person or vehicle.
Even seeing what we’ve seen on the neighbor’s video, do you know what happened to Gannon?

we do not, sadly.
We just know the search area is altered completely because this was not a walking boy, this was a driven child who did not run away from home or arrange to meet a friend.
If when as a senior policeman you sent two rookies or even experienced officers, 2, for 7 hrs to somebody's house to examine CCTV footage and a week later and thousands of $s later something like this came to light and it turned out they'd missed it what would you say to them?

Maybe he got in the backseat because he was feeling poorly and wanted to lie down instead of trying to stay upright in the front seat?
Surely getting projectile vomited on wouldn’t have set anyone off right? I just can’t figure out the reasoning. He’s a little guy. :(

***My opinion only - he has a head injury (reason if we was vomiting / i.e.getting sick in the house) - told him they were going to the ER but he passes on the way? She has a blister on her hand from a shovel?

Another question is if the boy exited the truck on the passenger side then the video would not have picked that up, correct?
I'm in this camp, someone got out of that truck on passenger side
MOO

MOO on her return, she backs in and ultimately parks in the driveway with enough space between the truck and the next vehicle to leave a strip of light on the cement between them. This strip backlights the area beneath the truck and beneath all doors. Feet and legs descending from any door to the ground to exit the truck would clearly be seen.[/QUOT

Does someone have a screen shot of the supposed bandaged hand? Not sure I've seen this.

Are we allowed to post it here in the thread? I think I have it somewhere. If not I'll dm it to you

Surveillance video appears to show missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch leaving with STEPMOM | Daily Mail Online

SABBM:

He said the beginning of the clip shows Leticia backing a pickup truck into the driveway before Gannon leaves the house a short time later to get in the backseat.

Drayton added that his surveillance camera then showed Leticia returning home around 2.19pm, getting out of the truck and going inside the house, but Gannon is not seen.

Footage from 2.19pm to the time Gannon was reportedly last seen is not available, but the sheriff's office said earlier this week officers had no surveillance video showing the boy leaving the property.

IMO. I’m curious what she is carrying out to the truck when it is parked in the street before she backs up and brings him out.
could be something as simple as her purse or tote bag because she knew she would need both hands ot help him.

Surveillance video appears to show missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch leaving with STEPMOM | Daily Mail Online

SABBM:

He said the beginning of the clip shows Leticia backing a pickup truck into the driveway before Gannon leaves the house a short time later to get in the backseat.

Drayton added that his surveillance camera then showed Leticia returning home around 2.19pm, getting out of the truck and going inside the house, but Gannon is not seen.

Footage from 2.19pm to the time Gannon was reportedly last seen is not available, but the sheriff's office said earlier this week officers had no surveillance video showing the boy leaving the property.
I am not a fan of the DM but they get good pics and videos. JMO

Try this:

PURE SPECULATION:

Gannon is or isn't sick. Stepmom is home, Dad is stationed out of state, leaving her as a virtual single mother, with three kids in the house, one hers, two not. Do or don't add some marital strife, caretaker resentment, etc...

Long night with a sick kid perhaps, no sleep... next day, can't we see a sick child refusing to go to school or wanting to, a sick child wanting to go play, maybe texting his dad or not, but ultimately being frustrated with step mom's noes or yesses, and blurtng the words probably every stepchild has blurted -- "you can't tell me what to do! You're not my REAL mom!" Or "you're not my dad!" Or "you're mean, I don't like you, I'm going to run away."

IMO to an insecure, self-centered stepparent, that could strike just about every reactive nerve there.

"Oh, yeah? I've TAKEN CARE OF YOU FOR TWO YEARS! That's how you want to thank me? Get in the car, I'LL SHOW YOU running away."
This case unnerves me. They are every family, living in every fresh development, in Any City, U.S.A. How does it go from hiking and happy and normal, to this?

Let today be the day LE brings Gannon home.

JMO

I think people forget about a couple of things when it comes to home security footage. First off, LE cannot make you give them your footage. Second is the time that it takes to review the footage.
Now, most people are honest and want to be helpful. They will turn it in voluntarily or watch it themselves and notify LE if they see anything suspicious. However, what if you’re dealing and people are coming to the house at all hours? What if you’re having an affair with a married man or woman? These are a couple of reasons why you might not be as forthcoming with your video.
As for timing, if you want video from roughly when they got home from their hike on Sunday until he allegedly left on Monday afternoon, you are talking at minimum of about 24 hours of video by the number of cameras in the neighborhood. Doing the math, if you have 20 cameras times 24 hours, you have 240 hours of video to go through. That is 10 days of manpower. It is very tedious work and then you have to decipher what you are seeing and track down a person or vehicle.
Even seeing what we’ve seen on the neighbor’s video, do you know what happened to Gannon?

MOO I think they can fast forward through to relevant events. And along with fingerprints and DNA video surveillance is premium evidence. It is a error they didn't have it earlier or maybe they did and were keeping it confidential.

Last edited:
Yep! That's what got me too. He mentioned about how good the audio on his cam is. I was reading a thread where someone was saying her own cams were able to pick up a conversation from two women across the street talking about how bad her grass looked lol, so I know they probably have good mics. I'll wait for the actual video to be released before drawing any conclusions on any passengers. For me, right now, the video is just too blurry/grainy to be sure of anything.
You'll be waitin' a while.
That won't be public until after a trial if there is one.
The footage came pre-identified.

I've watched a few times. The truck moving a little bit, stopping etc... I'm guessing her phone records have been searched, but that to me shows her possibly texting someone while sitting in the vehicle. or calling, but i think texting. She lets off the gas, moves forward a bit, then stops again... message received? If she is just saying something to someone else in the truck, no need to stop and 'use' her hands. I think her daughter knows more of what went on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70