Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it looked like she was helping him put his coat, or hoodie, on right before he got in. I never saw that blue color before that point.

To me (MOO!), it looked like she was taking off the blue jacket, which brought me back to the first few missing posters where it said he went missing in a blue hoodie.

Did the image of GS and his sister playing outside on Sunday come from RD's security cam, too?

If so, I wonder if it also shows them all leaving for and/or returning from the Sunday hike.

JMO.

But aren't there 2 sisters? One school age and one not? The neighbor also said he saw Gannon and a sister playing in the yard that monday before Gannon disappeared. So how do we even know that's Gannon in the video? And if it is, where is the other sister?

BBM: As per the news story I read, you're both half right.

The news specifically said, RD saw Gannon and his sister playing together outside "the day he disappeared".

That's a direct quote of mine from the reporter's own text/words; not a direct quote of RD issued by the reporter.

It also came from the time when the first timeframe we had heard for Gannon's last sighting was Sunday; and before or simultaneous with us seeing RD's footage.

So, we don't really know what RD meant, because the news reporter paraphrased/rephrased it in their own words, sans quotes; and did not explain. I'd like to think they meant "playing outside Monday morning"; but since RD watched his whole weekend's worth of video, I don't think we can promise.

Based on Letecia's past behavior and the reported conflicts and animosity between her and Gannon's mom, I wonder if she had feelings of resentment towards the children.

I'm afraid she may have treated Gannon badly all his life and something happened that triggered her rage and she lost control and harmed him.

I don't know what else could have happened. I don't think she's hiding him somewhere, alive. I worry that he died as a result of abuse and she went to great lengths to cover it up.

Imo
Same as that.
then a tiny tinkle of what appears to be hope arrives and that gets dashed quick again.
Helluva roller-coaster.
I'm wanting to cling to a hope that he is somewhere alive because he was kidnapped and not murdered.
Very difficult balancing act.

Not directed at you at all, just a general thought that it may be wise to not put too much emphasis on info gleaned from sleuthing SM, despite where it came from. There are loads of details missing from those records and I do believe the details (and the history with authorities where it concerns the children - or a glaring lack of a history) matter. FWIW.
I don't know what records you are referring to, but I was referring to the reporter from one of the networks who showed the footage of the truck last night.

He said that some neighbors were willing to speak to him and several mentioned that there was conflict between the mother and the stepmother. It was the first time I heard that confirmed in MSM.

I was just suggesting that the stepmother may have taken out some of her resentment on the children.

I don't know for a fact that she did, but I think it's possible.

She doesn't seem to have enough respect for Gannon or her husband to tell him the truth about what really happened and she did not seem overly concerned about Gannon in her interview.

Imo

Last edited:
So far, the only issue I see that the SM has done that may be illegal is to leave with Gannon and not return with Gannon. There has only been speculation for everything else. There could be premeditated murder, accidental death, neglect of a medical condition but there has been nothing to prove any of that so far.
The video shows that she left with Gannon and did not return with him. That is unexplained but not illegal.
Don't get me wrong, I think she is up to her ears in this. But, so far no arrest.

It is always better to find a body before bringing charges. Once charges are filed the clock starts ticking. That works against the prosecution. They only get one shot at a trial. They want to make sure they do this tight.

And the kid left with SM and never came back. She lied about this. It is not a stretch to figure out what happened here.

Just so this doesn't grow legs and run away like a few other details that have. SM first husband did not die in a suspicious way. With a little googling you can find the info. I know we cannot sleuth the family, I just didn't want this to keep getting repeated and next thing we know it's an octopus with 8 legs.

But aren't there 2 sisters? One school age and one not? The neighbor also said he saw Gannon and a sister playing in the yard that monday before Gannon disappeared. So how do we even know that's Gannon in the video? And if it is, where is the other sister?
I was only referring to her looking as though she is "school age" in that video with bio mom and bio dad. I haven't seen any images in the yard, and I tend to think he meant Sunday, not Monday. But yes there is a 17-18 year old step sister.

I think it’s interesting that the parents aren’t mentioning a medical condition or medication that’s critical. At least I haven’t heard it. Was it SM who reported that when she suddenly decided Gannon was missing?

The parents mentioned he was born at 1 pound, six ounces, with a 10% chance of survival and needs special medication.

"He's been a fighter his whole life."

Missing Boy's Stepmom Left Home With Him, Returned Alone

Authorities were treating Gannon as a runaway until Thursday when the status changed to Missing and Endangered based upon the length of time and medications he needs. The change also brings in additional resources from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other agencies.

Gannon's parents release emotional statement pleading for his return

How long do those home cameras hold video ( like days?) I would go back as far as I could to see whats been going on. IMO
They vary considerably, some have limited hard drive memory and others use cloud storage which could last a very long time.
I think going back is a very good idea and will yield a lot for the prosecution .
This guy's cctv looks to be pretty sharp, I imagine he may well have cloud to back them.

It would be good to view previous days with the truck and driving g habits. Why back in just to leave?
I think the backing in to leave was an effort to hide the fact that Gannon was travelling with her.
She quite possibly knew neighbor had cameras but she wouldn't have been up to speed on how much they could capture or their angles.

One thing I noticed about the video is it seems to be all about other people's property than the owners property. The way the camera is angled it would not seem to offer much help in security aspects of the owners property. Perhaps it is by design of the total security cameras system this one camera offers a long range shot of street and adjoining property. Question I have though is how do we know this is the stepmom and boy? All I can get from the video is there are 2 people who entered the truck. This doesn't provide positive ID in my opinion. MOO.

Isn't it the dad's truck?

I don't know what records you are referring to, but I was referring to the reporter from one of the networks who showed the footage of the truck last night.

He said that some neighbors were willing to speak to him and several mentioned that there was conflict between the mother and the stepmother.

I was just suggesting that the stepmother may have taken out some of her resentment on the children.

I don't know for a fact that she did, but I think it's possible.

She doesn't seem to have enough respect for Gannon or her husband to tell him the truth about what really happened and she did not seem overly concerned about Gannon in her interview.

Imo
My apologies, I responded to the wrong person and have since deleted my reply. I hadn't seen/heard that comment from the reporter about the neighbors but I do agree the SM doesn't seem to have any respect for Gannon or his dad - her own words have made that quite clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member