Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just so put off with him getting into the car alive and well. These things usually happen in the home (sorry I am speculating yes but you know...). So out in public SOMEWHERE, something happened. It seems so sick and twisted.
Yeah, it opens the door to something particularly cold blooded.

As horrific as all of this is, atleast some act of abuse that resulted in fatal injuries makes a bit of sense. That sort of thing happens far too often, but it allows us to wrap our minds around what may have happened, and what the killer was thinking.

Taking a child somewhere in broad daylight, and coming home alone, just makes this all the more horrible and hard to comprehend.
Exactly. Like things that happen in the home..as awful as they are you can suggest something happened when a temper flared and in the heat of the moment. But this? She's like taking him away from his family home to his destiny. And OMG I hope they find him (and I am thankful for freezing weather in case forensics/toxicology comes into play, etc).

My background is in accounting and over the years I have developed an interest in forensic accounting. When something seems "off", to find the problem, the first step is usually to brainstorm. Just like we do on WS. Some criminals are extremely smart, but usually their downfall is they cover their bases too good and with too many steps involved. They don't realize the technology available to investigators. I have no idea how law enforcement works, but I have a feeling "someone" tried to cover their tracks too well. It is just a matter of time.

Why the wrench? In curious.
Check out the stills from the initial interview DR gave, I notice 2 vehicles, looks like vehicles are being shuffled. Vehicle pulled out of the driveway, AS’s truck is 1st parked on the street then backed into the driveway, then leaves. I mulled over those stills most of the night bc I couldn’t sleep, changed the exposure etc. AS’s truck has very specific details: metal studded rims, head/tail light shapes/lights at the back of the cab, tow bar on the front. Why is there a shuffle of cars so late at night?? Then gone for a while. DR may have given the 1st interview in haste before realizing it could compromise the case, especially since LE did not want his surveillance aired, then came the day video. But I could have just wasted my time looking at all that blur, IDK pure speculation on my part. Another thought is GS got in the truck in the morning (either sun or mon) but never got back out until someone had the opp to hide him. It pains me to write these hypotheticals, there is so much unknown. Is it possible the stills are from Mon night, sure, but we don’t know of an actual date as there are no date stamps.
IMO IMO IMO

I am really starting to think she didn’t ‘hurt’ him. I think she left him somewhere, most likely drugged up with bendryl, MOO, so he couldn’t get back before the elements got him. It fits her narrative that he ran away. Alternatively, maybe he was supposed to come back or be found, although I think that is less likely.

why she would do this, I can’t speak to, but the video of him leaving alive lends itself to this theory. I have trouble seeing her getting her hands dirty and actively killing him.

poor kid.
I hate to say that this case in some ways reminds me of the Barway Collins case from Crystal, Minnesota. Not a complete match to that case, but something about this situation reminds me of that one, for anyone who remembers it. (Not a good outcome in Barway's case, though I remain hopeful about Gannon's situation.)

jmo

Awesome, thanks. I'm not surprised there is a media thread. Is that your handiwork?!

Good to see you.

jmo
yes, the little guy had too many rumors screaming around and I wanted to keep it real in the media thread. my little contribution

hoping he is found and justice is received - he's been gone way too long IMO

I have to agree as it seems improbable to me that she would publicly assert she hopes she gets apologies from everyone when Gannon returns home and is able to tell them the truth of what "really" happened. It is unlikely ANYONE is going to apologize to her for abandoning a sick child on the side of the road to walk home because she was annoyed with him. JMO
bbm
What a (bleep).

And thinking about how we're on edge here, and feeling terrible..... IMAGINE what it's like to be those searching for Gannon ; all the while knowing that someone else possibly knows where he is and what happened -- and is keeping her yap shut.
I'd be extremely angry.:mad:

But they are focused on finding him and being professional about it.
Kudos to all who are involved.

Awe guys... this is so tragic.

I don’t think LS is or would be welcome in that home at this point. But is the family still staying there?
We know that they left yesterday, just before CSI and the DA showed up.

No word on if they’ve returned, but I doubt it with the house being pored over for evidence.

bbm
What a (bleep).

And thinking about how we're on edge here, and feeling terrible..... IMAGINE what it's like to be those searching for Gannon ; all the while knowing that someone else knows where he is and what happened and is keeping her yap shut.
I'd be extremely angry.:mad:
But they are focused on finding him and being professional about it.
Kudos to all who are involved.

I've been on those searches and experienced those feelings. It's easy to keep at bay while you're out pounding the ground, but it hits hard when you're back at base resting, or you get a glimpse of family.

Check out the stills from the initial interview DR gave, I notice 2 vehicles, looks like vehicles are being shuffled. Vehicle pulled out of the driveway, AS’s truck is 1st parked on the street then backed into the driveway, then leaves. I mulled over those stills most of the night bc I couldn’t sleep, changed the exposure etc. AS’s truck has very specific details: metal studded rims, head/tail light shapes/lights at the back of the cab, tow bar on the front. Why is there a shuffle of cars so late at night?? Then gone for a while. DR may have given the 1st interview in haste before realizing it could compromise the case, especially since LE did not want his surveillance aired, then came the day video. But I could have just wasted my time looking at all that blur, IDK pure speculation on my part. Another thought is GS got in the truck in the morning (either sun or mon) but never got back out until someone had the opp to hide him. It pains me to write these hypotheticals, there is so much unknown. Is it possible the stills are from Mon night, sure, but we don’t know of an actual date as there are no date stamps.
IMO IMO IMO

"A neighbor of an 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing more than a week ago said his home surveillance video contradicts a story told by a family member about the last time the boy was seen....
A neighbor, 49-year-old Roderrick Drayton, said his home surveillance video showed a female relative and Gannon get into a truck that Monday morning. When the woman returned home about four hours later, only she got out of the truck and went inside, Drayton told The Denver Post in a Tuesday interview."

Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Colorado boy says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative

I have to agree as it seems improbable to me that she would publicly assert she hopes she gets apologies from everyone when Gannon returns home and is able to tell them the truth of what "really" happened. It is unlikely ANYONE is going to apologize to her for abandoning a sick child on the side of the road to walk home because she was annoyed with him. JMO

BBM
Or a drugged/injured child in a remote area to freeze to death.

JMO

Maybe she met someone for a handover?,what if she really doesnt know where he is now,and maybe that's why she insisted he was alive,because he was alive when she gave him to someone else to dispose of,so she doesnt 100% know he is dead if she hasnt seen it for herself?
Hope that makes sense!
JMO, based on unfortunate experience -
If this is a case of a narcissistic personality, their core thing is never being less than the elevated and false image they have of themselves and present to the world. It cannot be their fault, they're typically even the hero in their narratives, and they have a pattern of placing distance between themselves and what has happened - in time and geography and deed. Everything is a farce, entirely or at some level. They can't even allow the truth about what they've done to be acknowledged in their own mind, it simply gets filed somewhere else in their head. So, I don't think at all that this could be a case of truly being so removed from what happened, she can technically say he's alive, because he was when she last saw him. I think it's a case of "This can't be true and he's not dead, because that would make it my fault and it can't be my fault."

This is how Chris Watts and Tammy Moorer and so many others look into the face of LE and calmly insist they're telling the truth and have no idea how the harm and horror they're so central to had nothing to do with them.

I’m wracking my brain to come up with a theory on this poor boy, but I just can’t make sense of where or why she drove him away.
If this was an impulsive moment of rage and she hurt him causing death, seems that it would likely occur at home. But we see him willingly getting into that truck.
So, did he threaten to run away and she said “great, I’ll drive you to ...” and leave him somewhere?
Or...Did this woman really trick him into getting into truck with a plan to kill and dispose of him somewhere? Wouldn’t we see some evidence of prior abuse somewhere? A school report, CPS report, something that at least points to alleged abuse or signs of ?
Her interview gives me the impression that she is sure he is coming back- if you believe her- so did she drop him somewhere to teach him a lesson and truly expect him to come back? But lied about her part in his leaving?
I am a step mom and have a blended family and I know the frustrations that come with raising your children along with your spouses children. It can be tough for sure.

However, I CANNOT imagine how this woman thought she could “disappear” her husbands child and get away with it. Did she really believe life would go on like normal? Did She really believe he would return and she wouldn’t be accountable in any way?

I don’t know why I’m even surprised that a human can be so evil, But here I am, again, at a loss, to understand how a mother could do what I suspect she did.
MOO
Maybe she said she was taking him to the doctor?

Sorry, I keep throwing random bits in here as they come to me...

I just wanted to add that this whole situation feels pretty calculated to me, so wherever he is, it was a pre-planned spot. I’m thinking the hikes may have been a way for her to check out certain locations and plan without seeming suspicious. I wonder if hiking was something they did often? It’s kind of chilly and the kids seem kind of young to just head out on a hike... but that’s just me. I also think in sudden accidents where people panic (say an unexpected injury), it is much harder for them to “act normal” and play things off. If they have played the scenario out in their heads for some time, they’re mentally ready. The backwards interview was weird & doesn’t quite fit for me, but being kicked out of the house was probably unexpected and led to some deviation from the “plan.”

I am also curious about the prescription that was apparently called in for the stomach issue? That would have been Monday morning, yes? Was it filled? Perhaps that’s where they drove off to? I’m also wondering about potential side effects of whatever it was... drowsiness?

As for TS working and did she call out Monday, I remember reading somewhere that she was no longer with the school district? It might have been since November or somewhere around there? Not sure if that is verified though? Now I need to go back and dig around in the threads and find out where I read that....to see if it was verified or not. IMO

If the person(s) responsible would grow a heart today, and share the needed information,
It would allow some peace or --sadly-- closure, for Gannon's mom and sister.
It would save tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars, which are being spent as we speak, to operate that Submersible...to perform other investigative duties... as well as the military volunteers, who have been putting boots to ground in sub freezing temperatures.
But that would require truth, honesty and compassion...
Qualities which this person(s) lost, when they sold their soul.

"A neighbor of an 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who went missing more than a week ago said his home surveillance video contradicts a story told by a family member about the last time the boy was seen....
A neighbor, 49-year-old Roderrick Drayton, said his home surveillance video showed a female relative and Gannon get into a truck that Monday morning. When the woman returned home about four hours later, only she got out of the truck and went inside, Drayton told The Denver Post in a Tuesday interview."

Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Colorado boy says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative
IF this interview was just this past Tuesday February 4 - then I'm pretty convinced the leak was intentional and LE has not shut him down from doing further interviews IMO. I could be wrong - but I think they don't mind this continued attention he gathers when he grants an interview
JMO

and the update about water ... sigh... I've thought this was a possibility ..IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly