Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

True, but fortunately, LE got even luckier.

Unluckily for TS, LE has something much, much more reliable than passing motorists:

They have her on video.
Yes, and I edited this quoted post to add camera surveillance beats witness statement/recall/description. So... SM’s seemingly good fortune... not so much. ;)

ETA - though a passing motorist observation may have changed the course of the investigation earlier. Either way, unfortunately, the conclusion would likely be the same.

Last edited:
That video is only one small piece though. All law enforcement has to do, is figure out where the daughter was at the time.

She very well may have an alibi. I think there are going to be way bigger issues for SM than that video.
That's why I asked if it was ever documented where the daughter was that day.

I don't doubt there are way bigger issues, but I also don't doubt stepmom would throw her own daughter under the bus to try to create a reasonable doubt.

You don't need to "mark your spot". Instead, click "Watch Thread" at the top right side of the page. Then when you come back, click "Watched Threads" in the banner at the top of the page. When the list of watched threads loads, click on the little blue dot to the left of the thread title. It will take you right back to where you left off. It's nice and handy and prevents images of dogs lifting their legs. :) Heh!
BBM:

What, you got something against dogs lifting their legs?

42.gif

BTW, here in Colorado Springs, it's snowing and snowing and snowing today. I know they're still searching, but this can't be making things easier. Praying for Gannon. Praying for his mom, dad, and sister. Praying for the searchers.
Yeah, looks like the weather is having its way:
Daniela Leon @danielaleontv
The @EPCSheriff says they won’t be doing any on-camera interviews for the time being. Large group efforts are also suspended. #gannon #GannonStauch
@FOX21News

You don't need to "mark your spot". Instead, click "Watch Thread" at the top right side of the page. Then when you come back, click "Watched Threads" in the banner at the top of the page. When the list of watched threads loads, click on the little blue dot to the left of the thread title. It will take you right back to where you left off. It's nice and handy and prevents images of dogs lifting their legs. :) Heh!

Thank you! I must have a thousand "bookmarks" spanning the last year to mark my last page read on every case

ETA: I just "bookmarked" your tip

Last edited:
Agreed. That interview indicated that her daughter was almost certainly coached.

It’s not hard to imagine the dynamic here, as the daughter is only related by blood to SM, and not Gannon or his father.

Her mom would expect loyalty, and her daughter would likely oblige. Separate the two, you likely remove the control that stepmom has.

That’s when secrets tend to emerge.
BBM
Control is the perfect word. Narcissist, IMO I feel TS is, are good at controlling and manipulating people around them. Especially a child, their own child. I wonder if they have separated her from TS. Legally, I'm pretty sure, CPS could get involved and get emergency custody because she is under 18. If that has happened I wonder if that's why the investigation went to certain area. I wonder if the step daughter was able to give a little information.

I really hope the step daughter didn't have anything to do with GS disappearing and was just used by TS in the alibi. Her whole life just turned upside down. She has no living father, her mother is under suspicion of harming her 11 year old step brother, I'm sure she's not staying with her step family, her once "normal" life is now in shambles. If she is truly innocent, her life will never be the same. And because of TS selfishness now the nation is aware that she may have lied for her mother.

MOO

Last edited:
Narrowing down a search would tell me "more." But that's just me. JMO
To me, it means one of two things. Either they know the general area that Gannon is in so they only want LE personnel there to not compromise any evidence or they are running out of tips and don’t want to waste huge resources and keep them for later when they get another credible tip. That MO anyway.

I think this scenario is possible too. The only element of it that does not totally ring true for me in light of what we've seen of LS is that the injury or illness would have had to be obviously something that GS had been suffering for a long time, many hours at least. Otherwise I think she would have jumped at the chance to be the hero figure who attempted to save him so everyone could thank her and give her attention for that. I think she would have been more than ready to get defensive and belligerent if personnel at the hospital questioned her, so I think if this is what happened, it had to have been either directly caused by her, or there is some evidence that will prove she failed to seek care for him to a grievous degree.
Also, that elongated type duffel bag she toted out there to the truck in advance. What role would that play if it were a simple planned trip to the ER? Usually, once you've decided you have an emergency illness/injury trip on your hands, about all you're thinking about is grabbing the essentials-- car keys, insurance cards, phone. IDK.

If she did, her daughter will talk. If her daughter talks, SM is in huge trouble.
I can only see her involving her daughter if daughter was witness to something or she absolutely required her help.

But whether involved or not, she is a key witness for LE into the dynamics of Gannon and SM’s relationship, the events surrounding his disappearance etc., and her observations of SM’s overall behavior at key time periods.

If daughter is not involved or informed on what went down, I cannot even imagine the pack of lies she has been told by her mom as she tries to dig her way out of this.

Agreed. That interview indicated that her daughter was almost certainly coached.

It’s not hard to imagine the dynamic here, as the daughter is only related by blood to SM, and not Gannon or his father.

Her mom would expect loyalty, and her daughter would likely oblige. Separate the two, you likely remove the control that stepmom has.

That’s when secrets tend to emerge.
She reminds me of Stacey Castor. Threw her daughter under the bus when she killed her husband with antifreeze. Poisoned her daughter and wrote a fake suicide note from the daughter saying she killed her stepfather. TS coached her daughter it seemed like, according to that video. She kept telling her daughter when to tell the interviewer. IMO

Let me go ahead and tell you when frustration sets in. It set in when LE took the report for an 11 year old RUNAWAY and left it at that. So do they owe anyone anything? Yes they owe Gannon and his family everything. One can only imagine what could have been found at the house had LE started the 27th. The frustration also comes in when the public is attacked for conducting their own investigation to help bring this child home. If it weren't for that neighbor looking through his camera and doing his own investigation God only knows when and if they would have found it or even ask for it. So yes I am frustrated and the frustration has turned into anger at this point. At the end we all just want him found.

It's frustrating for the public to be kept out of the loop, no question.

We all wish we were privy to the evidence LE has in hand right now.

Having said that, LE doesn't owe the public any answers at this stage.
The public isn't entitled to know everything that's going on behind the scenes.

LE is smack-dab in the middle of conducting a criminal investigation, the fact that they've stated it isn't a criminal investigation, notwithstanding.

LE's responsibility is to collect, preserve and protect the evidence.
LE's job is to ensure that nothing is released that would in any jeopardize their case in a court of law.

They're holding their cards close to the vest for good reason:
They don't want to show their hand to the person they're playing against.

When LE's ready to play their winning hand, they'll call it, and lay their cards on the table.

Actually, it will be the DA who lays all the cards on the table.
He'll do that in a courtroom.
In front of a jury.

JMO.

BBM:

Welcome to Websleuths! Superb first post.

I'm a big believer in this theory.

It fits the known facts.
There's nothing we know that contradicts that scenario, either.

I firmly believe GS was injured/harmed somehow on Sunday, and that his condition worsened overnight.

His injuries may have been such that there was no plausible cover story to explain away his injuries, i.e., telling the docs that "he fell down the stairs," "he bumped into a door," etc.

GS may also have threatened to tell someone the truth.

At which point, his phone would have been confiscated to prevent him from contacting one of his parents….
Or calling 911.

JMO.
I’m a lurker - live near Colorado Springs so I’m very interested in this story.

If he was injured Sunday night, wouldn’t his younger sister and possibly his older stepsister have witnessed it? And if so, maybe the video made by LH, AS and the little sister was intended to make TS nervous about the little girl talking?

ETA: All of the above is MOO.

IMO Looking at the facts presented thus far, the out of the box scenarios don't eliminate the guilt where it should be. SM left with Gannon and returned without him. He wasn't snatched from his home, neighborhood or mall. Whatever happened is on her. Whether handed off to a mystery man or traffickers or left out in the cold to freeze(more than highly unlikely), she is responsible.

Absolutely agree! I hope she gets every bit of what she deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly