Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the elongated shape of that bag remind you of anything that was removed from the house? Some threads back. From reporters?

Also, that elongated type duffel bag she toted out there to the truck in advance. What role would that play if it were a simple planned trip to the ER? Usually, once you've decided you have an emergency illness/injury trip on your hands, about all you're thinking about is grabbing the essentials-- car keys, insurance cards, phone. IDK.

Let me go ahead and tell you when frustration sets in. It set in when LE took the report for an 11 year old RUNAWAY and left it at that. So do they owe anyone anything? Yes they owe Gannon and his family everything. One can only imagine what could have been found at the house had LE started the 27th. The frustration also comes in when the public is attacked for conducting their own investigation to help bring this child home. If it weren't for that neighbor looking through his camera and doing his own investigation God only knows when and if they would have found it or even ask for it. So yes I am frustrated and the frustration has turned into anger at this point. At the end we all just want him found.
I can certainly understand your frustration. The flip side to this is that if LE went in and spent a lot of time searching the home and homing in directly on the SM, and Gannon was later found to have runaway and succumbed to the elements or had been abducted, there would have been just as much anger and frustration. I don’t feel that LE just took a runaway report and left it at that. I think they knew something was off within hours. Unfortunately, what sometimes slows down an investigation are our constitutional rights which protect us from unlawful search and seizure among other things.
Believe me when I tell you, because I have been there, that LE gets just as frustrated as you are right now. However, would you really want them to do something which would jeopardize this case?
In the end we sit, we wait, and we pray for Gannon.

Last edited:
Does the elongated shape of that bag remind you of anything that was removed from the house? Some threads back. From reporters?
She may have grabbed a couple of towels etc. in case he was sick some more in the car and nothing more sinister than that.

You don't need to "mark your spot". Instead, click "Watch Thread" at the top right side of the page. Then when you come back, click "Watched Threads" in the banner at the top of the page. When the list of watched threads loads, click on the little blue dot to the left of the thread title. It will take you right back to where you left off. It's nice and handy and prevents images of dogs lifting their legs. :) Heh!

Not to hijack, but thank you 100 times again for this tip.

I don't post much so I always thought the only reason I even had a Websleuths logon ID was to see posted pictures or read the scanner channel.

Now I see a reason to login...even if I don't post

It's an added layer of cunning and callousness that the last text AS received from his son more than likely came instead from the person who had already killed him. Cruel on top of cruel.

PF texted KB's mother, "Happy Thanksgiving!" After he'd just beat her daughter to death with a baseball bat.

If you don't care about other people, you just don't care.

I can't crawl inside minds like these.

JMO

I keep asking, sorry, but where does this information about Gannon texting anyone come from? I've seen nothing in MSM about it at all, and yet, folks just keep saying he did, like it's a thing. So... link? TIA.

With me spending 20 years in Little League, that bag looked like a duffel bag a coach would have with all the baseball equipment in it. Catchers gears, balls, bats, extra gloves, a catcher mitt, batting helmets. Or on a smaller scale, a bag a kid would have for the ball field. A jacket, cleats, a bat, a couple of baseballs. IMO

IMO - MOO
AS may be easily manipulated by sex (he divorced his wife and mother of his kids to marry his affair) and the type to keep his head down at home rather than provoke his wife. "Go along to get along" He may have known that his son was being verbally abused, probably heard her screaming at GS about stupid everyday things and listened to her complaining about GS in private, but I'll bet she saved the really cruel stuff for when he was out of town. Possibly he wasn't as involved as a parent because he was often away - distance can make it easy for you to step back from the day to day family drama. His little sister couldn't tell her dad what was happening because for her it was normal family life. The teenager may have felt bad for GS but could do nothing - she had to pick her mom's side. GS had no one, no ally, other than his mother, who was all the way across the country in SC. I can't imagine her agony knowing that TS was in charge of her kids. Allegedly, they were once friends, so she knew what kind of person TS was.

I just want to say something about the bolded. You aren't the only person I have seen saying this, so this isn't directly at you.
This whole idea that he WASN'T involved in raising his kids because he was in the service is BS. Back in the 80s, yes it was harder with being away, but now with technology is is actually very easy to be "there", yes even when training or deployed. I was deployed to Afghanistan twice. Both times, unless I was on mission that kept me away from a computer/phone/MWR I talked to my child almost every single day. In training after we got "off" I would skype/facetime. I know some jobs are different, most you have access to the technologies to keep in constant touch with your families. Just because he was in the National Guard and occasionally had training in no way means he was not there to parent or just ignored what was happening around him. Yes, services members do spend time away from their families, but it is rare for them to also be away from ways technologies that won't allow them to help parent.
Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now

I keep asking, sorry, but where does this information about Gannon texting anyone come from? I've seen nothing in MSM about it at all, and yet, folks just keep saying he did, like it's a thing. So... link? TIA.
this is why I'm trying to put together the timeline with the links - to either find the link and confirm - or stop the rumor, and I remember hearing about this early on but I've been through the media thread pretty carefully so unless it was spoken in a video (I don't always have subtitles turned on when I watch them) I'm not sure this actually happened. FWIW
I will keep searching

IMO - MOO
AS may be easily manipulated by sex (he divorced his wife and mother of his kids to marry his affair) and the type to keep his head down at home rather than provoke his wife. "Go along to get along" He may have known that his son was being verbally abused, probably heard her scre

aming at GS about stupid everyday things and listened to her complaining about GS in private, but I'll bet she saved the really cruel stuff for when he was out of town. Possibly he wasn't as involved as a parent because he was often away - distance can make it easy for you to step back from the day to day family drama. His little sister couldn't tell her dad what was happening because for her it was normal family life. The teenager may have felt bad for GS but could do nothing - she had to pick her mom's side. GS had no one, no ally, other than his mother, who was all the way across the country in SC. I can't imagine her agony knowing that TS was in charge of her kids. Allegedly, they were once friends, so she knew what kind of person TS was.
I thought I read something about AS possibly having an affair with TS while he was married to Gannon's mom but I did not realize it was confirmed.

Either way, whatever went on in that house, maybe he was unaware or not assertive enough to do something about it.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those cases that could have been prevented if others had done or said something about it.

Imo

I'm confused about something, perhaps someone can clarify.

I know AS was on National Guard Training and was out of town. I keep seeing connotations that he is out of town a lot. Is the Guard his full time job? Is that even a thing? I thought it was only one week-end every month and a two week per year session, unless of course the unit was called to active duty.

I ask this not to sleuth AS, but to get an idea how often TS was on her own with the kids.

It is really hard to keep track of what we know and what's slipped in here unvetted. Toward that end, do we have any MSM support for any sickness or did that all that come from fb?

TIA

JMO
I can only find that he did not attend school on Monday. One of the early posters put out had sick in quotation marks. I could not find absolutely that he actually was sick.

I just want to say something about the bolded. You aren't the only person I have seen saying this, so this isn't directly at you.
This whole idea that he WASN'T involved in raising his kids because he was in the service is BS. Back in the 80s, yes it was harder with being away, but now with technology is is actually very easy to be "there", yes even when training or deployed. I was deployed to Afghanistan twice. Both times, unless I was on mission that kept me away from a computer/phone/MWR I talked to my child almost every single day. In training after we got "off" I would skype/facetime. I know some jobs are different, most you have access to the technologies to keep in constant touch with your families. Just because he was in the National Guard and occasionally had training in no way means he was not there to parent or just ignored what was happening around him. Yes, services members do spend time away from their families, but it is rare for them to also be away from ways technologies that won't allow them to help parent.
Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now
And, I can't help but notice that there's a claim on the table that both parents knew who and what she was, but one parent is a victim and the other is responsible for how this ended.

Let's leave the parents alone, and blame the person who fed the parents, LE, and the public a lie, and has left what is likely the remains of that poor little boy out in the Colorado elements, for LE and decent civilians to comb through, while she sits knowing exactly his status and whereabouts, and is obviously fine with keeping that a secret.

this is why I'm trying to put together the timeline with the links - to either find the link and confirm - or stop the rumor, and I remember hearing about this early on but I've been through the media thread pretty carefully so unless it was spoken in a video (I don't always have subtitles turned on when I watch them) I'm not sure this actually happened. FWIW
I will keep searching
I've asked numerous times, and I've read every link (I think, maybe I missed one?) and I've never seen it stated in MSM or from LE that there was any evidence of any texting at all, from this boy. And no one is able to provide a link, so I suspect this is yet another rumor that just grew legs. :(

I'm confused about something, perhaps someone can clarify.

I know AS was on National Guard Training and was out of town. I keep seeing connotations that he is out of town a lot. Is the Guard his full time job? Is that even a thing? I thought it was only one week-end every month and a two week per year session, unless of course the unit was called to active duty.

I ask this not to sleuth AS, but to get an idea how often TS was on her own with the kids.
Yes, National Guard is the 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year. But they also have what is called AGR (active guard reserve). What that is you are still in the National Guard but you work like you are Active Duty. So you show up to your unit every day in Uniform like you would if you were Active, you also get paid as if you are Active. I have no links to confirm this so I will say, IMO he was AGR. The 2 weeks training for Guard is usually in the summer time, usually Juneish. Also, when somebody is doing AGR their unit will usually let the AGR people have first pick at any schools or training. So, MOO it was more likely he was Active Guard Reserve.
MOO

It is really hard to keep track of what we know and what's slipped in here unvetted. Toward that end, do we have any MSM support for any sickness or did that all that come from fb?

TIA

JMO
It came from TS explaining why he wasn't in school on Monday, and from the original missing flyer, which was posted in the first thread, I believe.

I have to wonder about how many red herrings have been planted that LE are now having to weed through. I suspect the search history is the tip of the iceberg. I also think any info they get from TS should be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member