Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the more seasoned WS'ers that have follows a lot of cases. This is only my second, first being Harley.

Do you think LEA would purposely lead (or not correct the assumption) the public/media perception about a person they believe committed the crime? Like they like that everybody is looking one way when in all actuality they are going in a complete opposite direction? Is that something that has happened in the past with other cases? Or do I need a WS break? lol

Yes. LE can and will do whatever is necessary to get their guy (woman). They have zero reason to comment on public opinion and it would only take away from the real work they are doing. They can even lie to someone they are questioning, for example saying “John Doe said he saw you do it. You’re not going to let him get you arrested are you? Tell us the truth.” They May not have even talked to John Doe but they might get valuable info from others they are questioning.

I should have edited my post to include....where was the 17 year old daughter on Monday morning. The SM made it a point in pulling in her "child" as a witness as to seeing GS after the family hike on Sunday, seriously, how far can a 5-6 year old hike?!
AFAIK, it's not been said by LE or in MSM where the daughter of the step-mom was on Monday.

Strife between step parents and step children are so common it’s almost expected. Especially in the first years of the new marriage. Many families work through these issues over time and in the vast majority of cases where they don’t, no one disappears. No one dies. While physical abuse is more common for step children, it’s not the norm and far more common among step fathers than step mothers.

If Dad ignored evidence Gannon was being physically abused by his step mother, then he should indeed be kicking himself right now.

However, it’s quite possible there were no prior signs of abuse (especially if this was triggered by recent relationship issues), and in that case bio Dad is a victim too. Even still, he will probably beat himself up for the rest of his life for bringing the monster into his son’s life and “not knowing”. He doesn’t need total strangers blaming him too.

My post was in reply to someone asking why the BD looks more anguished than the BM in the PC. I did write in the post that if Gannon or BM had complained, it was not that out of the ordinary, as those step/ex relationships are often difficult. I also said I don't I blame him. Just that he probably is feeling guilty about his judgement in addition to his grief and that is heavy. I feel terribly sorry for him.

Personally, I didn't see a difference between the two and cried my way through both of them talking in the first PC.

I probably should just let it go, but I hate seeing post quoted without context and seeming like I am doing any kind of blame or shame of him.

If my post did come off wrong I apologize

Last edited:
Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case
February 7, 2020
“We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. All leads and avenues are being explored. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support, the FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD.

The collaboration of our partners and the support of the community has been immense and we cannot thank you enough.

The Sheriff's Office has received 309 tips to date, and we continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in.

Follow our social media platforms but do not use it as a tool to report any tips or information on this case. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, we encourage you to report factual information by calling the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.
Mr 20-026”
5C283BFF-BDAE-42B8-923F-358A024F25CA.jpeg

Last edited:
My apologies, as I have been busy, but can anyone give me the quick update as to what has happened in the last few days? What has LE been up to? What have Gannon's relatives been up to?

Thanks in advance, as I don't have time to read through the back posts here for the past day or two. :oops:

So basically, LS made the flyer & we all know what that means.:rolleyes: NONE of it is credible. What a damn mess!
Thank you for explaining that. Hard to follow some of this stuff when I don’t have FB. MOO

I think someone made the flyer based on those posts. I might be wrong though. It is a mess over there on FB. I saved some interesting early posts from the SM. 99 % of everything is speculation. Obviously with the exception of the MSM posts that are shared. Can understand why the police got frustrated with it all.

“The collaboration of our partners and the support of the community has been immense, we cannot thank you enough. The Sheriff's Office has received 309 tips to date. We encourage you to report factual information by calling 719-520-6666. https://bit.ly/31CzZMQ #FindGannon

5:28 PM · Feb 7, 2020 (local/MST)
EPCSheriff on Twitter

My apologies, as I have been busy, but can anyone give me the quick update as to what has happened in the last few days? What has LE been up to? What have Gannon's relatives been up to?

Thanks in advance, as I don't have time to read through the back posts here for the past day or two. :oops:
Best bet:
Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case Just posted today

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I've wondered if it was perhaps footage not even relevant to the case?
bbm

Well, this is a case where we can surmise certain things from LE’s lack of words or action.

If that footage was not relevant to the case, LE would have had a very strong word about that. For example, if this footage was from a different day than alleged, then there would be a whole lot of useless leads being given for nothing, and LE would want that shut down immediately.

But in this case, that hasn’t happened. LE just hasn’t confirmed or commented on the footage, other than to say “it is part of the investigation.” We can read between the lines.

It’s relevent.

Last edited:
February 7, 2020
“We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. All leads and avenues are being explored. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely.

4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support, the FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD.

The collaboration of our partners and the support of the community has been immense and we cannot thank you enough.

The Sheriff's Office has received 309 tips to date, and we continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in.

Follow our social media platforms but do not use it as a tool to report any tips or information on this case. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, we encourage you to report factual information by calling the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.

application-pdf.png
Mr 20-026 Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case.pdf
Glad to see Verizon Wireless is part of the team. I’d been wondering if there were an Alexa type device in the house. I don’t have have Alexa/Echo, so not sure if they’re run off of your internet provider or?

Snipped and coloured by me (SACBM)
Likely because she understand's what "duper's delight" is and she couldn't trust herself not to give herself away. JMO
Yes, except she’s not fooling anyone. We didn’t have to see her face to know she was lying, we just had to listen to her words.

Last edited:
I think someone made the flyer based on those posts. I might be wrong though. It is a mess over there on FB. I saved some interesting early posts from the SM. 99 % of everything is speculation. Obviously with the exception of the MSM posts that are shared. Can understand why the police got frustrated with it all.
BBM
WTH? Whose genius idea was that?!? SMH MOO

Glad to see Verizon Wireless is part of the team. I’d been wondering if there were an Alexa type device in the house. I don’t have have Alexa/Echo, so not sure if they’re run off of your internet provider or?
I think Verizon is most likely helping law enforcement by complying with search warrants on any relevant phone information.

ETA: They offer lots of resources, including technology that connects command centers with mobile units.
Law Enforcement and Public Safety Solutions Brief

Last edited:
I haven’t even read it yet but I gotta say...Impressive with a capital I.
Will you fly through cyberspace on your magic red carpet to my little space in the world? You can organize all my paperwork, my bills and my junk mail. While you’re at it, will you paint my house in your spare time?
Bring your genie with you. He can rake the yard and take out the trash.
Nice @oviedo Very nice! Take a bow.
Lol - I had a 2 hour break today and I was getting myself confused about what was rumor and what was MSM - but I need all our sleuthers to get it right so thank you for the drone updates ! I really want this boy found and I suspect they will and we will all be holding hands when it happens like Lizzie - I know we could hold out hope he’s alive somewhere but if nothing bad happened LS would gladly speak to LE and explain what went on that day - but instead - nothing -so we can only think it’s very bad (that 4 hour period on Monday) ... sigh ... and thank you for your kind words for my work here and for your dedication to all the missing on WS
JMO

February 7, 2020

application-pdf.png
Mr 20-026 Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case.pdf

Hi Websleuths, long time listener, first time caller. You guys are awesome!
Verizon Wireless is listed as a partner in the search on this update and they haven't been in the past. Would that indicate they're accessing cell phone data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns