Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But a warrant and official documents from the carrier holds up better in court. We also don’t know who the account owner is and if there is a family plan and who it might include.
I totally agree -ITA for our new sleuthers - absolutely but in the meantime if I was the account owner I would be logged on and looking for myself to see who was calling and texting who and what data was being used during the relevant time - and then sharing with LE in about 3 minutes while they waited on their warrant - and I will say from experience / Verizon will give you the contents of text messages if you as the account owner can assure them it’s for a personal reason - been there - done that
jMO

All of that stuff is recorded too, so my guess is when all is said and done, she won’t have a leg to stand on.

I’m wondering if she was served a search warrant on her body (photographs, etc), and didn’t want to comply. She then may have attempted to leave the room, and was told that she could not.

That would still make her narrative a lie, but with some truth to it.
BBM TMI I coulda lived my whole life without knowing that

We have no idea where exactly law enforcement is on this, but their actions are telling.

Crime scene personnel have spent hours at that house, and the DA was there a couple days ago.

A neighbor’s security camera captured Gannon leaving with his stepmother, and never returning to the house. This effectively destroyed the timeline she provided.

They are playing this very close to the vest, and have yet to name anyone a suspect or person of interest.

According to the stepmom (in her interview), they not only suspect a crime, but suspect her.

I think that’s one of the only true things she has said.
Is there any time stamp on the neighbor's camera that shows Gannon leaving with his stepmother?

Replying to myself....maybe including SM on the missing-person flyer was to nudge people's memories who might have seen the two together recently?

IDK.

jmo

May have been answered for you already; I'm struggling to catch up... But I think that poster was NOT put out by LE. And I have a good idea who chose the pic.:rolleyes:

the part i found interesting is she said LE would not let her leave. i suppose she had not been arrested at that point so seems she could have just left.but she was trying hard in the interview to create the narrative that her rights were being trampled on. but as you say hard to really believe her.

IMO, she is trading on the community support for staunch constitutional right. Not believable and most communities don't stand behind people who may have harmed a child.

You can’t get the detailed information that Verizon only supplies to law enforcement though.

As we learned in the Kelsey Berreth case, that data can be incredibly thorough.
Yes true but if I was a parent and I saw who my child was texting or the numbers texted or called from one of the phones in my plan I would share that with LE so they could run with it - for example - if GSs phone had text messages during certain time frames and I had those numbers on my account I would be able to give it to LE - as a matter of fact I just pulled everything on my phones in the plan because one phone used all the data for the entire month in 5 days - apparently the ring app with the new cameras - I’m still investigating / my point is I saw every call and text and the time and duration plus all the data useage and how much with exact times - apparently some phones in my plan are using data all night long .... if this family has Verizon there is a chance the owner pulled this info too IMO - wonder who controls the phones ??

IMO, she is trading on the community support for staunch constitutional right. Not believable and most communities don't stand behind people who may have harmed a child.
I am not on a FB page for this case but can someone tell us (without quoting anything from the page) if she has any supporters? A yay or nay will suffice.

jmo

Maybe she had a cut to her face as well? (Hoping she did!) Although she was always wearing sunglasses and rarely took them off, so she probably just nervous.

I think she projected her own knowledge. At that point the driveway video had not been released and she was under normal parent/last person to see child scrutiny. I think she escalated the public perception or threat against her to "murderer of step son" because that was her own reality and she wanted to hide her face. Probably a mix of shame, fear, and knowledge she could not fake the part of terrified, sad caretaker.

We can all hold fast to the hope that in the end, we will see justice for GS.

The arrival of Dan May on the scene this week assured me that we can not only hope for justice, but we can believe that we will see justice for GS.

There was a rather poignant moment in the press conference DA May held after PF conviction and sentencing, where he talked about it being a bittersweet moment, and noted the following:

"It's a sad day when all Justice can do is hold Patrick Frazee accountable.
We wish Kelsey were here today....That would be true justice if she could join us today.
She did not deserve this."

I think those words are going to prove to be equally apropos here in GS's case.

It won't be perfect...but I'm convinced we'll see justice for Gannon at the end of the day.

It's never wise for perps to think they can "outwit" Dan May.
Especially by devising really clever (!) cell phone ruses.

Speaking of which, Dateline is airing a 2-hour special on the KB case tonight.
It will be an opportunity for those who didn't follow that case to see how LE works to gather evidence in that "No body" case, and how the DA successfully prosecuted it.

Somebody should let TS know, so she can tune in.

JMO.

I don't know. What does "justice" look like? Our court system has so many delays, appeals, it seems to go on forever. I am still waiting on Nubia Barahona's case to go to trial, she was killed in 2011.

In this video, there is another person who appears when the truck has backed into the driveway. That person appears to vigorously wipe (the windshield?) as the driver gets out of the truck.
View attachment 230562 View attachment 230563

I do not see a person. I have slowly watched this video a zillion times.
I see her door is open and the cam jerks a bit (probably due to wind).
I saw the exact cam, from the news, and I can see how the type would move easily in wind or if a door closed. It is not like mine where it is very fixed and flat against my house.

Yes true but if I was a parent and I saw who my child was texting or the numbers texted or called from one of the phones in my plan I would share that with LE so they could run with it - for example - if GSs phone had text messages during certain time frames and I had those numbers on my account I would be able to give it to LE - as a matter of fact I just pulled everything on my phones in the plan because one phone used all the data for the entire month in 5 days - apparently the ring app with the new cameras - I’m still investigating / my point is I saw every call and text and the time and duration plus all the data usage and how much with exact times - apparently some phones in my plan are using data all night long .... if this family has Verizon there is a chance the owner pulled this info too IMO - wonder who controls the phones ??

I would say he does- the military discount

Is there any time stamp on the neighbor's camera that shows Gannon leaving with his stepmother?
Not that we can see, but this is what the neighbor said:

Drayton says the video shows Stauch and his stepmother leaving the home in a pickup truck about 10:13 a.m. on Jan. 27.

"I saw him come out of the house, get into the truck. Something's not right," Drayton said, adding that Stauch looked sluggish and as though he may have been "drugged."

Video shows the truck returning at 2:19 p.m. However, Stauch is not seen.

"[He] never got out of the truck," Drayton said.

Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy

Yes true but if I was a parent and I saw who my child was texting or the numbers texted or called from one of the phones in my plan I would share that with LE so they could run with it - for example - if GSs phone had text messages during certain time frames and I had those numbers on my account I would be able to give it to LE - as a matter of fact I just pulled everything on my phones in the plan because one phone used all the data for the entire month in 5 days - apparently the ring app with the new cameras - I’m still investigating / my point is I saw every call and text and the time and duration plus all the data useage and how much with exact times - apparently some phones in my plan are using data all night long .... if this family has Verizon there is a chance the owner pulled this info too IMO - wonder who controls the phones ??
That's what happened in the Heather Elvis case. She was on her parent's plan. When she went missing, her father immediately went to the account info and saw her log and her activity, which included a call from a pay phone from one of the individuals now in prison for kidnapping her.

The picture of the three of them on that flyer is from when they went to Garden of Gods on Sunday. Maybe because it was the most recent picture of him, it was used. That is possible. It’s as if she was staging it. She doesn’t look happy. Kind of obligatory selfie. Poor Gannon looks happy and innocent, next to someone who potentially harmed him just a short while later.

I have recent pictures of my sons. If one of them was needed for a missing poster, you'd better believe I'd be cropping myself out and making the image of the child as prominent as possible!

I have to assume there is a date and time stamp on the original video since the neighbor mentioned specific times. I think we’re just not seeing the original video.

Here is what I found on that.

XFINITY
How long is video saved?

Video from your 24/7 Video Recording Camera is continuously recorded to the cloud and is available for viewing and downloading for up to seven days. The exact length of video history depends on your subscription. Learn more about managing video in your Xfinity Home Subscriber Portal and Xfinity Home app.
Viewing Live Video and Motion Event Clips
When 24/7 Video Recording is turned on for a Camera, the live video feed from the Camera is automatically recorded. When the Camera detects motion, a motion event marker is created.
Click a day and time on the Time Bar to play video from anytime in the past several days.

I have recent pictures of my sons. If one of them was needed for a missing poster, you'd better believe I'd be cropping myself out and making the image of the child as prominent as possible!

Yes! I would try to find the most recent and true resemblance. If that happened to be a picture I was in with my child I would totally crop out! Unless I was trying to over emphasize my loving relationship.....

I also dont think she killed him herself. Unless he was heavily sedated, he would have fought back. I know there are pictures of her hand covered with an alleged cut and or bandaid. But I'm talking about scratches on the face and arms and bruises. I think the man did it and that's why she can say without a care that she didnt hurt him. She is disconnected because she didnt actually commit the murder. She says "I would never hurt him". I've seen plenty of other people lie but they always seem nervous. This woman seems very calm. JMO

WHAT MAN?
I am not sure pure made up speculation is helpful at all!
She has proven to be a liar. IMO nothing she says is credible now.
We did not see her while she talked. We saw her back. So her face could have shown her nervous as hell. Though, liars do not always appear nervous. Narcissists and socio/psychopaths are incredible at hiding their emotions. As are everyday people.
We do not know what she sounds like off camera - except maybe - when she asks, in a different voice and tone "am I on camera?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717