Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What give stepmoms bad connotations are INSECURE STEPMOMS. And I mean PATHOLOGICALLY INSECURE stepmoms. The same thing that might possess a woman to steal her friend's husband can likewise spur her to steal the friend's children. To feel superior. The better woman. The better mom.

If I do my math, there are very young ages involved at the time of affair/ courtship/remarriage. Speaking in generalities, a child that has a well-established and well-maintained relationship with his actual parent may resist cunning attempts to get him to betray or replace that. A much younger child has less capacity to discern which makes them easier, if you will, to manipulate. A younger child will "love" whoever gives them more cookies. IMO

So....if an ill-suited stepparent WERE to harbor favoritism and resentment, a less discerning child would garner the former and the more discerning child, the latter. IMO. Love the one that'll sit on your lap.

Based solely on the back-facing interview alone, I see someone who has a serious sense of entitlement-- "I don't care what people think" IMO means "oh, but I DO." "I need people to think I'm whatever I want them to think. "

A secure stepmom knows her stepchildren love their mothers first and foremost, and they support that. Other stepmoms are preposterously threatened by it. Perhaps it's a matter of degree, but greater degrees will have more painful results, greatest degrees might have deadly ones.

We'll see if this underlay what happened here.

JMO

IMO I have rewatched the press conference the parents did and video with the sister. Something made me study the Father's body language closely. I know he is a victim. I don't think he is involved. But, I think in his heart he knows what happened. He does not have the same strength and hope that the mom displays. He shakes his head when he talks about Gannon coming home safe. He keeps his head down. He looks defeated and destroyed. Based on the dynamic that was present in the home with TS, he may know in his heart what the outcome will be. What he has observed in the past, may not allow him to have the same hope that Gannon's mom has. Very sad for both parents & his sweet little sister.

Imagine his guilt. He has a heavier burden than the BM. He left Gannon with SM and that means he did not take any complaints from Gannon (or BM) very seriously. No blame - those are known fraught relationships with a new wife, especially with an affair involved, and I am also sure he had zero idea what she was capable of. But still....

My God... Can we get an update please?? Why have there been no
updates... This isn't some Hollywood series where u gotta wait till next season to find out what happened. This is a missing boy and some crazy stepmom who doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why can't they say anything about anyone or anything?

Thinking the same thing- but we are supposed to be wearing that famous patience hat. I lost my patience hat about 100 cases ago-so this waiting is horrible. Much worse for his family :(

what case is that?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about other cases in here. I havent posted in a while. I was referring to the Heidi Broussard case. No one expected that to turn out the way it did. No one has ever been killed by their best friend for their baby. I know women have been killed for their baby but not by their friend.

My God... Can we get an update please?? Why have there been no updates... This isn't some Hollywood series where u gotta wait till next season to find out what happened. This is a missing boy and some crazy stepmom who doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why can't they say anything about anyone or anything?

It's frustrating for the public to be kept out of the loop, no question.

We all wish we were privy to the evidence LE has in hand right now.

Having said that, LE doesn't owe the public any answers at this stage.
The public isn't entitled to know everything that's going on behind the scenes.

LE is smack-dab in the middle of conducting a criminal investigation, the fact that they've stated it isn't a criminal investigation, notwithstanding.

LE's responsibility is to collect, preserve and protect the evidence.
LE's job is to ensure that nothing is released that would in any jeopardize their case in a court of law.

They're holding their cards close to the vest for good reason:
They don't want to show their hand to the person they're playing against.

When LE's ready to play their winning hand, they'll call it, and lay their cards on the table.

Actually, it will be the DA who lays all the cards on the table.
He'll do that in a courtroom.
In front of a jury.

JMO.

Last edited:
My experience has been when LE is this quiet - serious stuff is being done - we wait.....
JMO

ETA: and while we are waiting - I'm looking for the MSM link to the second 911 call - I know I saw it - about 8:53 or something like that?

Also, if you heard something in a report or video - we can paraphrase what you heard as long as we have the link to the video and sometimes the spoken word is all we have

It would be interesting to see how many calls and texts go from LS’s phone to Gannon’s phone when she allegedly first realized he was late coming home. There should have been at least one. “Where are you, Gannon? It’s getting late. I’m getting worried.”
We know his phone was in the house. She could claim she heard it ring or signal an incoming text so she knew it was there and only called it the one time. That could be proven or disproven easily.
If she made several texts/calls to make it look good, it would only show that the phones were together in the house before she found it.
If that is the case, when she found it why didn’t she scroll through his calls and texts and call his contacts? Instead, she checked his search history and she discovered the alleged google search? I don’t think so.

It would be interesting to see how many calls and texts go from LS’s phone to Gannon’s phone when she allegedly first realized he was late coming home. There should have been at least one. “Where are you, Gannon? It’s getting late. I’m getting worried.”
We know his phone was in the house. She could claim she heard it ring or signal an incoming text so she knew it was there and only called it the one time. That could be proven or disproven easily.
If she made several texts/calls to make it look good, it would only show that the phones were together in the house before she found it.
If that is the case, when she found it why didn’t she scroll through his calls and texts and call his contacts? Instead, she checked his search history and she discovered the alleged google search? I don’t think so.
And why did he not take his phone? Hmmmmm.

You know what else we haven't seen? We haven't seen whether TS came BACK out to the truck, any time after 2:15. But RD did (see it). LE did. Presumably AS did. It's possible that the media has only aired a portion of a longer incriminating video.

That interview with TS, watching it again, is painful to watch, for the reality. Even if she did believe GS ran away originally, if her story were half-true, by then, a NORMAL person would be saying, and with raw emotion, "I thought he'd run away. I was sure he'd be right home. I don't know what could've happened to him. This many days gone, I'm terrified." IMO

I don't think my biggest concern would be whether or not LE recently gave me sip of water.

While she's busy defending herself, the rest of us are desperate to bring that baby home.

JMOJMOJMO

What give stepmoms bad connotations are INSECURE STEPMOMS. And I mean PATHOLOGICALLY INSECURE stepmoms. [snip]

A secure stepmom knows her stepchildren love their mothers first and foremost, and they support that. Other stepmoms are preposterously threatened by it. Perhaps it's a matter of degree, but greater degrees will have more painful results, greatest degrees might have deadly ones.

First, I agree wholeheartedly.

And second, thank you for that. And it holds true for mothers and fathers too. Secure parents (bio and step) who are secure in their relationships aren't threatened by another person in their child's life. Adults who are secure are able to put the children first, and blend families in a healthy way.

IMO I have rewatched the press conference the parents did and video with the sister. Something made me study the Father's body language closely. I know he is a victim. I don't think he is involved. But, I think in his heart he knows what happened. He does not have the same strength and hope that the mom displays. He shakes his head when he talks about Gannon coming home safe. He keeps his head down. He looks defeated and destroyed. Based on the dynamic that was present in the home with TS, he may know in his heart what the outcome will be. What he has observed in the past, may not allow him to have the same hope that Gannon's mom has. Very sad for both parents & his sweet little sister.

He does look defeated and destroyed, and it's heartbreaking to see. Just as heartbreaking as LH's hope.
Based on the SM interview, I feel that she has a habit of saying bullcrap, to be blunt. Sometimes being around someone like that, you can get in the habit of not believing things, but overlooking them, especially if they're outlandish but harmless. I've done that myself. It's not worth the hassle of confronting inconsistencies. In a romantic partner, I feel that would harder, tho. I wonder if AS just didn't believe her story from them get go, and he's gone to a darker place more quickly. Or maybe he is crushed with g guilt for bringing SM into G's life. My heart hurts for him and LH and G's baby sister.

Imagine his guilt. He has a heavier burden than the BM. He left Gannon with SM and that means he did not take any complaints from Gannon (or BM) very seriously. No blame - those are known fraught relationships with a new wife, especially with an affair involved, and I am also sure he had zero idea what she was capable of. But still....
Oh gosh, we have no idea what he took seriously or didn't. Parents who lose children all have horrid guilt. It just goes with parenting. They shouldn't be gone or deceased no matter how it happened. We all have a list of the 9 gazillion things that we 'failed' at. The head trash any parent has to live with when Gone happens is extreme and insufferable. JMO and experience.

RSBM

Entirely speculation:
If Gannon was injured in some way and unable to walk very quickly, it makes sense that TS would back the truck into the driveway to make it a shorter walking distance for him so that neighbors and passersby wouldn't see him. Too bad she didn't consider the one neighbor's surveillance cam.

I am thinking the same thing.

“I saw him come out of the house, get into the truck. Something’s not right,” Drayton said, adding that Stauch looked sluggish and as though he may have been “drugged.”

I definitely agree that something is not right.

Gannon comes out at 1:25 in the video and opens the door at 1:27.

When he opens the door something falls out of the truck to the ground. Gannon does not pick it up, nor does he climb into the truck. He just stands there for 10 seconds.

LS approaches at 1:36. It looks like she helped Gannon into the truck but there seems to be a jump in the video footage from 1:38-1:39 so it is not clear. LS then picks up the object that fell out of the truck.

Very strange when you contrast that to the short snippet of video, possibly on Sunday, of Gannon and his sister. (1:24)

Watch: Family of missing Gannon Stauch releases video statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member