Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was "badly everything'ed"! Holy Hannah, what kind of idiots made the decision to shoot the back of stepmother's head for the entire (? I confess I only got about 6 minutes in) sequence?!

I mean, I get that it was bad enough without seeing the stepmother's face, but who would do such a thing? What happened to "looking someone right in the eye"?

I'm certain that was her preference. MOO. And I'm guessing they took what they could get, and made sure they at least got her audio. MOO

Speaks of Gannon in past tense. All concern is for herself and her daughter. I don’t like this horrible feeling

clearly anyone would be upset, even if temporarily when someone that’s in your care goes “missing.” She seems to have no ability to do anything more than the ME ME ME. A little sympathy for not only the child but the father and mother of that child might have helped her....she went in the opposite direction
I am seeing this missing little boy for the first time. After Kelsey Berreth, Paige Harrington and Heidi Barsoud I didn't think I could handle another missing person-- especially a child.

But I have to admit this has me captivated.

Why is a stepmom not facing the camera.
Why is her back to everyone?
Why is she more concerned about herself than the missing child?
As I said this is all new to me, watching that video, there's something seriously wrong with this woman.

“I was denied, I was told I couldn’t get nothing to drink, I couldn’t go to the bathroom. I mean it was continually that my constitutional rights were violated,” she explained.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmother speaks out, says her rights were violated after little boy, 11, mysteriously disappears while in her care

BBM . Well, I think we can dispense with the theory that a doctorate from Liberty University is worth much. (Sorry to any other graduates who might be reading. I'm a basic grammar snob.)

Speaks of Gannon in past tense. All concern is for herself and her daughter. I don’t like this horrible feeling

clearly anyone would be upset, even if temporarily when someone that’s in your care goes “missing.” She seems to have no ability to do anything more than the ME ME ME. A little sympathy for not only the child but the father and mother of that child might have helped her....she went in the opposite direction
Yes, I am stunned!
Yes she used past tense, and by all means she did not help herself. Not one iota.

At the moment the concern is for the child's rights.
We have not discussed her.
This is the first time she has appeared.
She gave this interview herself, voluntarily to a journalist.
He could have asked better questions that might lead to finding the child.
We didn't know her, I didn't follow any social media nonsense on it and still exploring the possibility he may be alive and in hiding.
She is responsible for the interview she gave.
Most of us are anxious for the child to be found.
We are utterly gobsmacked but we don't do 'mob' here.
Amen!

An interview could have been her chance to remind everyone to focus on finding Gannon, to stop pouring energy into the rumor mill and come together as one to find the sweet boy that she has been helping to parent for the last x number of years. It could have been a time for her to humanize him, speak about him, about how scared and sad the family is not knowing where he is.

Unfortunately, this interview was none of the above.

Watched the interview and wow. I think she did not end up getting an attorney because they would have advised her not to do this. The shot at mom pissed me off. If I were in her shoes, I would have taken a poly. So telling that detectives were questioning her in a way she felt threatened. Because things were not adding up. I have so many questions though.
Why did detectives put her daughter in handcuffs? I didn't understand the whole walmart story and car keys.
There was a point in the video where the reporter tried to ask her about an incident that happened a month ago? Did anyone hear that? Right after her daughter leaves the picture and she says she's not going to talk about that.
The end where she pleads for GS to come home felt so fake to me.
Yes p'eed me off too. YES take the poly and be done with it.

As far as step mom's (or TS's) rights being violated.... it might be a very wise choice to not have her and Gannon's bio-mom in the same house.
If it was me-- not sure I could contain myself from rushing at her and grabbing her by the collar and yelling "WHERE IS MY BABY ????"
Disclaimer : I normally don't condone physical violence.
But this is someone's child ; fgs.

And I know there are people who love other's children as their own.
I'm not getting that vibe from this TS.
Going forward I'll refer to her by her initials as I've seen step parents who have taken other's children under their wings and loved them as if they were their own flesh and blood.

This TS isn't appearing to be worried at all for Gannon, and that makes me ill. :(

An interview could have been her chance to remind everyone to focus on finding Gannon, to stop pouring energy into the rumor mill and come together as one to find the sweet boy that she has been helping to parent for the last x number of years. It could have been a time for her to humanize him, speak about him, about how scared and sad the family is not knowing where he is.

Unfortunately, this interview was none of the above.
Beth, Bam! Yes this was the time to humanize Gannon speak about him and how scared and sad the family is. Talk about being scared if he has anything to eat or if he's cold or if he's hurt or pain he's feeling he doesn't have medicine......
I said before I didn't want to get involved in another missing persons case, I feel drained, but I can't help myself from feeling sucked into this. Maybe it's the mother instinct in me that's getting really p'eed off.

Last edited:
Dang, I really dislike the stepmom. I can’t judge and say that I think she directly ended his life... after all, you can be innocent and still a sociopath with no regard for others.. maybe he did in fact run far away to get away from her? I do think she is indirectly, or partially to blame for whatever the reason he’s missing though... and of course that’s just my opinion!

I also want to add, that the use of slang or incorrect grammar does NOT mean someone is unintelligent, uneducated, or cognitively unsophisticated, that is a very narrow minded way to view both intelligence and communication.

Last edited:
Watched the interview and wow. I think she did not end up getting an attorney because they would have advised her not to do this. The shot at mom pissed me off. If I were in her shoes, I would have taken a poly. So telling that detectives were questioning her in a way she felt threatened. Because things were not adding up. I have so many questions though.
Why did detectives put her daughter in handcuffs? I didn't understand the whole walmart story and car keys.
There was a point in the video where the reporter tried to ask her about an incident that happened a month ago? Did anyone hear that? Right after her daughter leaves the picture and she says she's not going to talk about that.
The end where she pleads for GS to come home felt so fake to me.
Mark Klaas was the poster child for how to be a POI when your child is missing, IMO. He literally said do whatever you need so you can clear me and move on. He gave a poly, he did everything and anything he could to cooperate.

When your child is missing and you are innocent, IMO, you move mountains, you don’t worry about “looking bad” or your “constitutional rights”, you do everything you can so police can clear you and move on.

PS - I adore Mark Klaas.

When asked by the reporter if she has a message for Gannon:

"Gannon, when you get here you'll be able to truly tell what happened. And then I really hope I get a sincere apology from everyone who has made all those things, especially from my husband."

I know some hear "for my husband" but I hear from. Either way........this is her message to her missing eleven-year-old stepson. All about him coming home to put her in the clear so she can get her apologies.

She does add a tearful message which is added at the very end.

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

Easier to hide the lack of tears when you won’t face the camera. Anyway.

"He did not go to school on Monday, according to social media posts from family members, possibly because he was sick or had a doctor’s appointment, and his stepmom said he had gone to a friend’s house 'down the road'.”

Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Still catching but I noticed that the mention of the doctor's appointment is just more speculation mentioned in MSM. It doesn't actually state he had an appointment at all.

Mark Klaas was the poster child for how to be a POI when your child is missing, IMO. He literally said do whatever you need so you can clear me and move on. He gave a poly, he did everything and anything he could to cooperate.

When your child is missing and you are innocent, IMO, you move mountains, you don’t worry about “looking bad” or your “constitutional rights”, you do everything you can so police can clear you and move on.

PS - I adore Mark Klaas.

Agree...I had to take a polygraph way back in the early eighties when money was missing from the main safe at the hotel where I worked. Well, I was asked to but felt I had to, and was very nervous but passed without a problem. Four of us took it, one failed, and she confessed. So I have a belief in them...and would definitely take one if a child was concerned. But would also want a lawyer...jmo.

I admit it, I was in her corner, giving her the entire benefit of the doubt... until that interview. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I hadn't looked at her apart from a quick glance at public information.
I couldn't understand why people thought she was a suspect when so little information was available about her .
I'm still wondering whether it's possible he has been hidden by somebody, alive?
Or escaped?
After listening to the interview twice I'm even more convinced he may have absconded. May have.
It would be very hard for a child to live with that.
'he loved video games'. No doubt he did.
There's a great search team going out now and they have gridded the entire area, fingers crossed he is found alive and safe.
She was either trying to make a case for her defense, ill-treatment in custody etc, rights violations by LE, etc, or apportion blame upon all and sundry, the anonymous social media people who are allegedly doing her wrong while pouring vitriol on the child's parents at the most raw moments of their lives.
Oh God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member