Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She implies that she and her daughter who is in the USAF were kicked out of the house and that bio mom is there in the house. And that maybe her husband and bio mom have formed a united team against her. That seems to be the undercurrent. That one remark which does sound so mean, may have been more getting back at bio mom, but that's the only part of her interview that I thought was horrible. One thing, her educational level of holding a doctorate doesn't seem to line up with her grammar. Maybe she speaks ESL, if so then it makes more sense.
Why would she worry about 'getting back at' bio-mom, while this poor boy is missing and in grave danger?

Isn't that petty and somewhat pathetic, given that bio-mom's son went missing under SM's watch?

From what I understand, we can discuss the comments she has made.

And if she makes comments, which we can see, in public documents, are incorrect, then we can discuss those corrections.
I reported my own post just to get some clarity on this, as to what we can actually discuss and what is off limits.

I tried to locate the exact time marker where she made those comments but man is she annoying to listen to. Just being real.
I know. That's why I typed out that loooonnnng run on sentence/paragraph, where she described being threatened with a gun.

After reading it over and over to transcribe it, I get how she is dancing around the incident, and have a clearer understanding of what likely went down. I think she went panicky and totally resisted them when they caught up to her in the store, and wanted to speak with her.

Most adults know what happens if you try and fight officers if you are being detained for questioning in a missing child case. You can't win that.

What I got from that was that daughter wasn't expecting to be put into the interview -- "what do you want me to say?" just sounds exactly to me like a put-upon teenager, not one colluding with mom on a story.

JMO
Agree with that. I didn't see anything suspicious there. It seemed to me that the daughter wasn't hearing the whole interview, was way off camera, and was responding to her Mom waving her over.

If that is the ONLY part they show on tv, she will be OK.

It's just that after you watch the rest of her nasty, bad attitude, that final segment seems contrived, IMO.

Right? And how can you sincerely plead with a frightened little boy to come home,you are loved,I miss you etc when all he can see is the back of your head?!!

Last edited:
Why would she worry about 'getting back at' bio-mom, while this poor boy is missing and in grave danger?

Isn't that petty and somewhat pathetic, given that bio-mom's son went missing under SM's watch?
Well I don't think that would have been my own choice of words,but if I were innocent of causing harm to the boy I sure would resent being out of my own house. I just think her interview wasn't as bad as I had heard earlier, except for that one part which was thoughtless and mean. Also re who got custody of the kids, just reading between the lines, maybe something lingering.

I know. That's why I typed out that loooonnnng run on sentence/paragraph, where she described being threatened with a gun.

After reading it over and over to transcribe it, I get how she is dancing around the incident, and have a clearer understanding of what likely went down. I think she went panicky and totally resisted them when they caught up to her in the store, and wanted to speak with her.

Most adults know what happens if you try and fight officers if you are being detained for questioning in a missing child case. You can't win that.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if she saw the police, panicked, and started to run. You know, what any innocent person would do.....

In her defense, I guess her story could be true. She saw a man with a gun, didn't know he was LE, and panicked.

Step-mom's trainwreck interview: VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

At the 8:32 mark she states:

"Um, I think that a lot of people can see that I'm not missing, and see that I am being cooperative, and, but, to me it's okay that they think those things because my, the way someone thinks about me, I don't have a problem with that. My main thing is I would never want someone to think that I hurt Gannon or any of the children in our home cause that's just not the case. I've spent my whole entire life working so hard in education, um, there's even things online that was talking about my education license and I shouldn't even be a teacher, and they just didn't know that. Like, we moved on a military move, and I didn't finish out my contract so, I gave up my license in that state. Um, it had nothing to do with any criminal activity you know, or any of those things, and it just got blown out of proportion on my professional status you know and... "

I don't understand how they can share custody living 1500 miles apart.

Did they move to colorado fairly recently, and haven't updated the custody situation yet? Maybe he spends summers with his mom?

and thank you for doing so. That section was very hard to follow and I didn't want to relisten!

I think she has southern accent and some speech patterns more common in the south, definitely not ESL or a lack of education. I didn't realize 17 yr olds could serve in the USAF, but I see that is the minimum age. She is definitely on the defensive and rambling along here.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if she saw the police, panicked, and started to run. You know, what any innocent person would do.....

In her defense, I guess her story could be true. She saw a man with a gun, didn't know he was LE, and panicked.
I think he had his uniform on. I think she knew it was a cop. And there was more than one of them. It had to be pretty obvious.

I think she did panic but not because she saw the gun. I think maybe it was because she knew she was going to be interrogated...?

I haven't seen a timeline of when they moved to CO? I am guessing this is in the legal sense that both bio parents can have custody but perhaps the plan was summer with mom, school year in CO? It clearly wasn't swapping out every week living so far apart.

ETA- good luck and thank you to all the searchers out today

Did they move to colorado fairly recently, and haven't updated the custody situation yet? Maybe he spends summers with his mom?
I think the kids go to school while with Dad and spend summers and school breaks with Mom.

Lots of families do it that way when both are in the military. I think Mom is in the military as well as Dad.

Well I don't think that would have been my own choice of words,but if I were innocent of causing harm to the boy I sure would resent being out of my own house. I just think her interview wasn't as bad as I had heard earlier, except for that one part which was thoughtless and mean. Also re who got custody of the kids, just reading between the lines, maybe something lingering.

Not directed at you personally but just a general observation:

If the child in your care (step, bio, shouldn't matter) went missing, and was only 11, and had been missing for days... would you be spending your time online reading the comment sections of posts on social media - or - would you be doing everything within your power to stay abreast of the investigation at all times, be asking what you can do to help, passing out flyers, etc.? I see this more and more these days, and it kind of blows my mind. I've never had a kid go missing (thankfully) but flipping FB would be the last place I'd be, if I were in step-mom shoes. Gannon's not on FB, so I wouldn't be either.

Step-mom's trainwreck interview: VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

At the 8:32 mark she states:

"Um, I think that a lot of people can see that I'm not missing, and see that I am being cooperative, and, but, to me it's okay that they think those things because my, the way someone thinks about me, I don't have a problem with that. My main thing is I would never want someone to think that I hurt Gannon or any of the children in our home cause that's just not the case. I've spent my whole entire life working so hard in education, um, there's even things online that was talking about my education license and I shouldn't even be a teacher, and they just didn't know that. Like, we moved on a military move, and I didn't finish out my contract so, I gave up my license in that state. Um, it had nothing to do with any criminal activity you know, or any of those things, and it just got blown out of proportion on my professional status you know and... "
According to the document that describes this incident, she did not willingly 'give up' her license in that state. It was revoked by the board. And she claimed that she was leaving that teaching job early, and breaking the contract because she was being harassed by her husband's ex, Gannon's mom. So there were issues going back for awhile.

Last edited:
According to the document that describes this incident, she did not willingly 'give up' her license in that state. It was revoked by the board. And she claimed that she was leaving that teaching job early, and breaking the contract because she was being harassed by her husband's ex, Gannon's mom. So there were issues going back for awhile.
But has any of this been posted in MSM? This is where the line gets sort of gray. Yes she mentioned it, but no we can't sleuth her (publicly) and no we can't discuss (publicly) what we didn't find when we didn't sleuth her, because she's not a named POI or suspect. Yet. o_O

It takes a while to get warrants but they should be available very soon (like today I'm thinking). Things are going to ramp up pretty quick.

I wonder if TS has herself a lawyer NOW. There's no one going to stop her from hiring someone and I don't believe for a second that LE wouldn't allow her to stop the interview to get a lawyer. Guilty or innocent, TS has put herself in a lonely corner and the walls are closing in. I think she knows it.

Things are about to get very real.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads