Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. It has really all been said about the LS interview.

One thing stood out: (summarizing) "My daughter is so law abiding and perfect and is in the AirForce". Then it was (summarizing) "You can ask her but she is just a child". Then she proceeds to totally tell her multiple times what to say. Brings her to the camera and states what the daughter is going to say before she says it.

And I just cannot get over the me me me. Poor me. I am violated. The police hate me. Everyone should apologize to me. I am so amazing I only lost my license because I HAD to move for the military. LE abused me. My family is searching so we can "protect each other". Oh, yeah....Gannon, I HAD to take care of him for 2 years since his mom didn't want to. Aren't I amazing I took care of him for SO LONG. He plays video games. Poor me, people want to kill me.

Reserving judgement since I was wrong in the Heidi Broussard case. But one of my husband's favorite sayings is "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..."

Would also point out if someone was threatening my family because of their connection to me, you better believe I would come out fighting and angry. with one child missing I would hyper vigilant and protective of the others.

Not saying that SM is pure as the driven snow, just that anger is a very real defense mechanism. I do understand what the majority are saying. I am just throwing this out there.

Edit : but I also wouldn't be asking ay of my kids to make statements to the press about the incident either.

Last edited:
Thank you! I didn’t know, just figured bringing to light things that the stepmom and step grandmother are saying might be useful. Their stories change a lot and very quickly.
It's fine everyone falls foul of that one, because let's face it Everything goes thru social media now. Right or wrong that's just how it is. Welcome to WS by the way.

In her own words:

" I took care of Gannon for the past 2 years in OUR home because his mother didn't want to do it..."

And I would never never ever hurt this child...and I know there are some questions out there about , so OK tell me what happened..."

[ Isn't it hurtful to this child to say his mother didn't want to take care of him?"]

"But that's up to the investigations when they end up letting you guys know...
But I've cooperated with them, even to the point that we were held by a gun, and my daughter, a 17 yr old who serves our country in the United States Air Force , who has never committed a crime or done anything wrong in her life , was put in hand cuffs over the keys that was in her purse so they could take her car...and they weren't even in her purse, they were in my pocket...

I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realised it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...but I was really concerned about my daughter asking why she was being detained in handcuffs and things like that...when that shouldn't even happen for a child that shouldn't happen for someone who is standing inside of a store shopping because we couldn't have any clothes because all of our clothes were here, if we came here and got clothes ya know we would be harassed and so she went to purchase some underwear and things like that and was put in the handcuffs in the store, And ya know then she was brought out with me and the guns, and that's just not okay, ya know they could have approached me and said 'Hi, I'm with Pasco County can I please...instead of the way that it happened...'

Last edited:
She does not distance herself away from, Gannon. Through out the interview she mentions his name 14 times (freely) give or take, and once when she was repeating back what the interviewer had said to . Her linguistic disposition (how she see's him ) towards Gannon is positive. She doesn't bad mouth him or even subtly disparage him. She does go after the bio Mum. This may not have been the best thing to do, yet, we are not aware of all the family dynamics.
The past tense references are not good, this maybe down to several factors.
She knows he is dead or has guilty knowledge, directly or indirectly.
The passing of time (although it's only been 5 days)
His age.
Is he on medication?
The weather.
Have LE suggested or alluded to the fact that he maybe dead.
She is his Step Mum and as iv'e stated before step parents will yield quicker to the idea of possible death than bio parents.
The interviewer does an awful job. He focus's on her and not Gannon. He puts words in her mouth (suggestions) which she grabs onto.
Going by this interview alone (IMO) it is in favor of step mum. This is not to say she is not involved in Gannons disappearance, for me, there just isn't enough information for to make an over all decision one way or the other.
I think she does subtly disparage him. One example:

" I took care of Gannon for the past 2 years in OUR home because his mother didn't want to do it..."

That^^^ is a very hurtful statement towards her missing stepson. SHE took care of him, the past 2 years, not either of his bio parents....
She says she took care of Gannon in OUR home, differentiating it, as her and her husband's, not Gannon's specifically...
And she disparages the poor boy by saying his mother didn't want him. How much more hurtful can that be?

In her own words:

And I would never never ever hurt this child...and I know there are some questions out there about , so OK tell me what happened..."

[ Isn't it hurtful to this child to say his mother didn't want to take care of him?"]

"But that's up to the investigations when they end up letting you guys know...
But I've cooperated with them, even to the point that we were held by a gun, and my daughter, a 17 yr old who serves our country in the United States Air Force , who has never committed a crime or done anything wrong in her life , was put in hand cuffs over the keys that was in her purse so they could take her car...and they weren't even in her purse, they were in my pocket...

I didn't know it was a law enforcement officer because when he came out, I guess he was putting his jacket on and it wasn't necessarily his fault, he was adjusting and he happened to catch me, but I saw the gun and I panicked originally and kinda thought oh gosh ,I got...whose this guy and then once I realised it was the sheriffs office I was totally okay but they still had a gun and told me they were gonna shoot me...but I was really concerned about my daughter asking why she was being detained in handcuffs and things like that...when that shouldn't even happen for a child that shouldn't happen for someone who is standing inside of a store shopping because we couldn't have any clothes because all of our clothes were here, if we came here and got clothes ya know we would be harassed and so she went to purchase some underwear and things like that and was put in the handcuffs in the store, Andy know then brought out with me and the guns, and that's just not okay, ya know they could have approached me and said 'Hi, I'm with Pasco County can I please...instead of the way that it happened...'

it's especially hurtful if you think he might be out there somewhere listening and you are trying to get to him to return home. moo.

That^^^ is a very hurtful statement towards her missing stepson. SHE took care of him, the past 2 years, not either of his bio parents....
She says she took care of Gannon in OUR home, differentiating it, as her and her husband's, not Gannon's specifically...
And she disparages the poor boy by saying his mother didn't want him. How much more hurtful can that be?

It could be for selfish reasons bio mum gave him up, I don't know. What caused this?
Was she not able to look after him. Is she medically not able to look after him? Unless I've missed the reason mums as a rule, are very reluctant to lose/give up their children. We dont know (as far as I'm aware) if Gannon was a difficult child to deal with.

Having said that, did anyone else notice she said something about losing her teaching or educator's certificate or license, because she broke her contract...

I've looked for that post and believe it was removed. The info it pointed to can't be discussed, as it would be considered sleuthing someone who has not been named a suspect or POI. You can sleuth on your own but can't bring that info on WS at this point.

She does not distance herself away from, Gannon. Through out the interview she mentions his name 14 times (freely) give or take, and once when she was repeating back what the interviewer had said to . Her linguistic disposition (how she see's him ) towards Gannon is positive. She doesn't bad mouth him or even subtly disparage him. She does go after the bio Mum. This may not have been the best thing to do, yet, we are not aware of all the family dynamics.
The past tense references are not good, this maybe down to several factors.
She knows he is dead or has guilty knowledge, directly or indirectly.
The passing of time (although it's only been 5 days)
His age.
Is he on medication?
The weather.
Have LE suggested or alluded to the fact that he maybe dead.
She is his Step Mum and as iv'e stated before step parents will yield quicker to the idea of possible death than bio parents.
The interviewer does an awful job. He focus's on her and not Gannon. He puts words in her mouth (suggestions) which she grabs onto.
Going by this interview alone (IMO) it is in favor of step mum. This is not to say she is not involved in Gannons disappearance, for me, there just isn't enough information for to make an over all decision one way or the other.
Impressive non-biased summary JC. I hope you’ll stick around as further pertinent information is revealed.

It could be for selfish reasons bio mum gave him up, I don't know. What caused this?
Was she not able to look after him. Is she medically not able to look after him? Unless I've missed the reason mums as a rule, are very reluctant to lose/give up their children. We dont know (as far as I'm aware) if Gannon was a difficult child to deal with.

Mom didn't give him up. They have joint custody. The father's family said they have joint custody. There are articles upthread quoting that.

He was not a difficult child.

Stepmom is not being totally clear with her statements.

Last edited:

Someone mentioned yesterday, if this is the kind of thing she says publicly in front of a television camera, what the heck kind of things does she say privately, and is running down mom a normal thing for her? I don't know anything about this family and their dynamics but I do know that a step parent running down the bio parent (especially when the child has a healthy relationship with the bio parent), either publicly or privately is a toxic habit and one that leads to a great deal of disruption within the marriage and the family in general. Somehow it slipped her mind that the only reason she was even asked to be on camera, is because her step son is missing. Yeah, she shot herself in the foot with this interview. Probably time to see about getting that lawyer she wanted so badly during initial LE questioning.

moo

I've looked for that post and believe it was removed. The info it pointed to can't be discussed, as it would be considered sleuthing someone who has not been named a suspect or POI. You can sleuth on your own but can't bring that info on WS at this point.
But now that she has discussed it herself in MSM, doesn't that open the door?

it's especially hurtful if you think he might be out there somewhere listening and you are trying to get to him to return home. moo.
Not to mention the other younger daugther is Bio moms child as well. She could hear that stuff. I can only imagine what she has said to those 2 to turn them against their mother. IMO

upload_2020-2-1_5-16-43.jpeg
a day ago
Hiott and Stauch share custody of Gannon, according to his family. The sheriff's office, other local police agencies and the FBI are investigating. “If you have seen Gannon or may have information as to his whereabouts, please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666,” the sheriff's office said.1 day ago
heavy.com › News

Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know ...

At 02:39, SM says: "I've taken care of Gannon for the last two years, in our home, because his mother didn't want to do it."

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

I don't believe that for one minute, SM. There's more to the "story" than what she is saying.
She implies that she and her daughter who is in the USAF were kicked out of the house and that bio mom is there in the house. And that maybe her husband and bio mom have formed a united team against her. That seems to be the undercurrent. That one remark which does sound so mean, may have been more getting back at bio mom, but that's the only part of her interview that I thought was horrible. One thing, her educational level of holding a doctorate doesn't seem to line up with her grammar. Maybe she speaks ESL, if so then it makes more sense.

Only to the comments she made. Sleuthing her here publicly is still off limits as far as I can gather from the rules. Probably best to ask a mod?
From what I understand, we can discuss the comments she has made.

And if she makes comments, which we can see, in public documents, are incorrect, then we can discuss those corrections.

Mom didn't give him up. They have joint custody. The father's family said they have joint custody. There are articles upthread quoting that.

He was not a difficult child.

Stepmom is not being totally clear with her statements.

Thank you, "katydid23 for clarification. I wasn't aware of that.

From what I understand, we can discuss the comments she has made.

And if she makes comments, which we can see, in public documents, are incorrect, then we can discuss those corrections.
I tried to locate the exact time marker where she made those comments but man is she annoying to listen to. Just being real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member