CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying. But there's not much that can be done about that IMO. While the sheriff's office has been told to use force if necessary to get her TO court, the court sanctioning the use of physical force IN the courtroom in the presence of the jury just can't happen.

I expect she'll decide to attend the way the judge has set it up though. She's not going to be allowed to just hang back at the jail. And even if she refuses to attend and is put in the holding cell at the courthouse, the order says she'll be brought to court multiple times (outside the presence of the jury I'm sure) to see if she's changed her mind about attending. So she'll not just be left alone.
JMO
I understand what you are saying. But there's not much that can be done about that IMO. While the sheriff's office has been told to use force if necessary to get her TO court, the court sanctioning the use of physical force IN the courtroom in the presence of the jury just can't happen.

I expect she'll decide to attend the way the judge has set it up though. She's not going to be allowed to just hang back at the jail. And even if she refuses to attend and is put in the holding cell at the courthouse, the order says she'll be brought to court multiple times (outside the presence of the jury I'm sure) to see if she's changed her mind about attending. So she'll not just be left alone.
JMO
Roll her in strapped to a gurney with a muzzle on her face.

I keep thinking of the first time LS appeared before a judge and the bright smile she flashed when she was first introduced. Like she was so freaking in love with herself. I wonder if there is some concern that if she is in the courtroom, she might give something away during testimony that might sway the jurors. Or the defense is thinking that they can give the impression that she is too aggrieved of her actions that happened when she was supposedly in a dissociative state that she can't bear to be in the courtroom....

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Today I am at the El Paso county courthouse for Letecia Stauch’s opening statements, which will mark the beginning of her trial. I’ll be tweeting updates on here all day for the @csgazette

The morning will start off with jury selection, where the current pool of 120 people will be whittled down to the final 18-person jury for trial.

Opening statements are expected to be given later this afternoon. Evidence and testimony is expected to begin tomorrow

The pool of 75 called back to start today definitely leans older, I would say the average age of the 75 potential jurors here today is around 50... Give or take.

Already ~10 people have informed Judge Gregory Werner that their circumstances have changed since their first appearance in court, and that for a variety of reasons they may not be able to serve on this jury.

20 people just dismissed by Judge Werner for a variety of hardships expressed to the court.

Looks like the 18-person jury is about to be selected of the 55 people remaining in the room.

This process is done by attorneys passing a sheet back and forth, picking a potential jury member to remove each time they get the sheet of paper. This will be done until there are only 18 people left, and those 18 people will be the jury for trial.

18-person jury has been selected, consists of 11 men, seven women.

Six of these jurors will be deemed alternates once evidence and testimony is concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971