CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE not see a big bulky green suitcase in back of the van??
Does seem a tad unbelievable that HH never looked in the back of that van ever.
HH was in a very controlled situation. Imo by an abusive parent. Her normal life was dysfunctional and she was imo almost in a cult like mentality to trust her mom from birth. I would not put it past LS to drug HH and AS with sleep inducers as well. Her life experience imo is that of a 12 year old. They had enough things and luggage to need a cargo van. So Letecia and her brother loaded it and Letecia was in total control of placement. The dogs not detecting as well is a big statement. I understand your frustration from this horrific atrocity. We both want Justice for Gannon I respect that.

Defense asks if he measured the board. Clark says no.

Prosecution says it would be easy to measure the actual board because they have it, asks if it would be easy or difficult to work out measurements of the board in the picture using comparison with other known items visible. Witness says yes, completely possible, easy.

Next witness: Lt. Mitch Mihalko. Assignment 2020, Lt overseeing Violent Crimes of Investigations Division, dealing with homicide, sex assault, missing persons, cold cases, assault. County responsibilities, not city.

IKWYM. This morning I finally watched the Step-Monster-Can police car escape attempt video. I was screaming inside at the “I can’t breathe” part. Really saw the true aggressive, pushy, mouthy LS in that video. Complete opposite of the demeanor she presented in the fake sugary-sweet back-turned interview she did. Same annoying voice though. Like nails on a chalkboard.

She had no problem slamming the officer in the head with a can. I have no doubt she slammed young Gannon in a similar fashion, but with more force. Skull fracture. :confused:
Yes, and notice how she immediately starts gaslighting, completely reframing what JUST happened "I was just trying to get air", "she keeps threatening me", "she's been rude to me all day", "I didn't try to escape", etc. Disgusting.

He was able to get photos from Al Stauch's phone. There's a photo of the desk that had been in Gannon's room, and the witness noticed a board in the pic. The broken corner is the same that was found at the S curve.

View attachment 415459
View attachment 415460
Comparing the boards from S curve and in photo.
View attachment 415461

Next witness is Kevin Clark with the DA's office

Clark is talking about call detail records. These records place or do not place a device in an area during a time period and that's how it helps them in investigations.

They are introducing disks into evidence that have call detail records for the defendant #LeteciaStauch Colorado phone. Other disk has Life 360 GPS location data for Letecia's Colorado phone.

They also have call detail records from the second phone purchased in Trinidad, CO that was tracked in other states. They got call detail records for Harley Hunt's phone and #GannonStauch phone as well.

Tuesday evening the 27th and Friday night the 31st the GPS tracker data went up to this area where the past Lt. was talking about finding the board.

When looking at Al's phone, Clark found a picture of his workshop area in November of 2019 and noticed a board in the corner of his woodworking area. The board found in the search/in the snow had the same appearing broken corner as this photo from 2019.

Here’s a side by side of the two boards

Would this board fit in her car or only his truck?

Did LE not see a big bulky green suitcase in back of the van??
Does seem a tad unbelievable that HH never looked in the back of that van ever.

I would assume that T. took every suitcase they had when she bolted. She had everything she thought she owned in that van. I'm sure the green suitcase was hidden under a bunch of other stuff (and likely directly on the van floor, to make it easier to get it out). Easy to cover it with something - but at that point, HH testified she did not suspect her mom. She would have just seen a green suitcase.

If a person has that large size suitcase, why would they not use it in moving? HH simply trusted her mother, was used to chaos and moves, at that point her mind wouldn't let her go to the fact that Gannon was not only dead, but murdered by her own mother.

IMO.

Previous witness (State's 42nd witness)

Kevin Clark with the District Attorney’s Office is back on the witness stand testifying. He said detectives obtained phone call records from the phone Letecia Stauch purchased in Trinidad after Gannon’s disappearance, that was also tracked to Florida and South Carolina.

They also obtained phone call records of Harley Hunt’s phone and Gannon Stauch’s phone.

Clark described similarities from the blood-stained board that was found near Palmer Lake, and comparing it to a similar board that was found in the garage of the Stauch home. Similarities included a corner piece cut off, an X drawn with a pencil, and other markings on the board.

Within past ten minutes: LS pulls long section of hair across face, places it between mouth and nose, runs fingers though hair section, extending a few fingers. Later, she made motions of lifting something small from lap to mouth, then made chewing motions. stream I'm watching maintains a close up view of LS
moo

Entire investigations division was involved, including crime analysts. Within the first week, by day five possibly, had requested help from FBI. DA's office was involved early, too.

On the scale of the operation: "This is the largest in depth and scope that I have ever been involved in."

Lots of talk about logistics and organisation. Searched all over, in areas of "water, north, south, for many weeks.''

Initial search was close to home, based on both information from LS and 'generalised searches'.

Searches in other areas were produced based on technological information provided to make them believe that the defendant had been in that area. Treated as a missing child initially, foul play not suspected initially.

Knowing that she had given conflicting stories, was last to see Gannon, and hard to get hold of, he asked to see her phone. She held it out, and he took it. Lt. Mihalko must have been the male officer at the end of the long police video.

Last edited:
Witness is saying how hard it was to get the defendant to cooperate with communicating with them. She had a device, a cell phone, in her possession. Her behavior had been suspicious. They needed to get that cell phone before she took it and destroyed it. Something helpful in the investigation might be on that phone.

Letecia has that look she gets where it seems she focuses on the person and stares daggers.
1681834161965.png

Then she bends down and hides whatever she's doing, and it makes me nervous. What is she doing?
1681834577062.png

During detective's testimony about LS cell phone seizure, LS's head was down, close to desk and hiding face behind hair-wall. It seems whenever she is personally mentioned, she tries to disappear her face.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member