CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I did not hear that. Seems odd to me but I don't doubt he said it.
From memory, it was during the 48(?) minute call, or perhaps the one immediately after that, but before the 50+ minute call - because that’s when I checked out for the night. You can probably find it on YouTube if you wanted to, but it was just the one sentence and Letecia didn’t respond directly to it.

It does seem a little atypical, but given how dysfunctional the family was, that might help to explain why he wanted to legally adopt HH. I don’t know, but he was emotional when he said it.

that is the problem.
I don’t believe this jury will find her anything but guilty of killing Gannon while sane. But I’m wrong a lot. You’re right, there is always a chance jurors may disagree. I applaud your bravery to go against the grain and post your thoughts. I think you’re in the minority though.

I am struggling with the "minimum of two events" and the "beds pushed together" and the bed away from vs. flush against the wall. Also struggling with the piece Letecia keeps saying about "we cleaned the walls before" intimating that Gannon helped her clean the wall when Al asks her about cleaning the blood puddle under the bed and her mentioning that when the beds were pushed together there was "all these boxes" against the wall and all the stories about different intruders and how if he was walking sluggish in the video it wasn't because he was injured, it was because he was tired since they stayed up all night and he took a lot of Miralax.

So my husband is not into true crime but has been watching this trial with me (because, Gannon) and he had a theory that maybe she gave him the hydrocodone for the burns which made him very sleepy and then attacked him in his sleep, with the plan to be that an intruder did it. If he was really out of it from the hydrocodone and in a sleep haze when he was attacked she could have even gaslit him into thinking that he had been attacked by an intruder and she came down and "rescued" him and was going to take him to the hospital in the morning. She drove around hoping he would expire in the truck but he didn't then as she says it was getting time to get Laina so she had to finish the job at home. This explains the "minimum of two events" the sluggish walking to the truck, the bed being moved and her saying that they cleaned the wall BEFORE. The only thing missing is blood in the truck, but if she bandaged him up it might not be there.

Also and I just thought of this but that is why in the picture from that morning where he is in bed with the odd shape under the blanket by his feet his bed is away from the wall and Al said that was unusual. They moved the bed and cleaned the wall the night before. The shape under the blanket is the suitcase and she was probably sending Al that photo just like she posted the video on Facebook of Gannon waving jumping off a dock to taunt the family. She was gathering the items she needed. Blanket. Suitcase. Boy. To take with her to accomplish her goal of getting rid of Gannon. It just didn't work out like whatever she was thinking it would. She maybe thought he was closer to death that morning than he was.

Last edited:
I am struggling with the "minimum of two events" and the "beds pushed together" and the bed away from vs. flush against the wall. Also struggling with the piece Letecia keeps saying about "we cleaned the walls before" intimating that Gannon helped her clean the wall when Al asks her about cleaning the blood puddle under the bed and her mentioning that when the beds were pushed together there was "all these boxes" against the wall and all the stories about different intruders and how if he was walking sluggish in the video it wasn't because he was injured, it was because he was tired since they stayed up all night and he took a lot of Miralax.

So my husband is not into true crime but has been watching this trial with me (because, Gannon) and he had a theory that maybe she gave him the hydrocodone for the burns which made him very sleepy and then attacked him in his sleep, with the plan to be that an intruder did it. If he was really out of it from the hydrocodone and in a sleep haze when he was attacked she could have even gaslit him into thinking that he had been attacked by an intruder and she came down and "rescued" him and was going to take him to the hospital in the morning. She drove around hoping he would expire in the truck but he didn't then as she says it was getting time to get Laina so she had to finish the job at home. This explains the "minimum of two events" the sluggish walking to the truck, the bed being moved and her saying that they cleaned the wall BEFORE. The only thing missing is blood in the truck, but if she bandaged him up it might not be there.
The only reason I can't get behind this (though I REALLY want to) is because they said he had so so many defensive wounds.

From memory, it was during the 48(?) minute call, or perhaps the one immediately after that, but before the 50+ minute call - because that’s when I checked out for the night. You can probably find it on YouTube if you wanted to, but it was just the one sentence and Letecia didn’t respond directly to it.

It does seem a little atypical, but given how dysfunctional the family was, that might help to explain why he wanted to legally adopt HH. I don’t know, but he was emotional when he said it.
She didn't refute it when he said it so, it seemed to me like it was legit.

After yesterday’s soul crushing evidence and our collective angst listening to T’s voice, lies, thoughts etc. I started researching Disordered Thinking not even knowing it was a “thing”.

There is a condition that is actually known for “word salad.”

This is an interesting read.

I’m looking forward to the psychiatric evidence.

I've never read that anywhere. I'm very surprised. She was 12 when AS & LS married and her bio dad had just recently died. Personally that would not be a great time to suggest adoption IMO. Creating a blended family without introducing adoption would be the priority I'd think. Plus it sounds like when they first married HH may have seen her dad's family as the Stauches lived in SC. There are likely lots and lots of Hunt relatives close by in southeastern NC/Robeson Co.

I'm not sure I buy the story. I especially am not too sure I think he'd push for 5 years to adopt his wife's teenage daughter. (Esp if the marriage was in trouble as some claim.)

Do you have a link for the adoption story? TIA.
JMO
It's not MSM, just my notes, but the line in question is in quotation marks, and I'm pretty certain that it's one I captured accurately to what I actually heard rather than being a generalised impression.

CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #60

I can't remember exactly what LS said to provoke it, but I suspect it was some garbage about how he loved his biokids and never loved HH, which she said a lot of at various points.

MOO

What if they were older than we have been thinking?
I think the ME would have said if there were signs of healing.

Also, the four inch deep wound to the shoulder that penetrated the joint? The deep wound to the back that broke one of his ribs? These aren't wounds that would have just stopped bleeding. They're debilitating, potentially mortal just though blood loss. She couldn't speak as to whether his lung was nicked by any of the wounds, because of the decomposition of his organs, but if it was, he'd be having trouble breathing at all.

Tl;dr, he was gravely injured just from the knife attack. Given time, the head injury would have been fatal. The gunshot severed his spine and killed him instantly.

Also, as far as I know, they never found blood in the truck.

MOO

I think the ME would have said if there were signs of healing.

Also, the four inch deep wound to the shoulder that penetrated the joint? The deep wound to the back that broke one of his ribs? These aren't wounds that would have just stopped bleeding. They're debilitating, potentially mortal just though blood loss. She couldn't speak as to whether his lung was nicked by any of the wounds, because of the decomposition of his organs, but if it was, he'd be having trouble breathing at all.

Tl;dr, he was gravely injured just from the knife attack. Given time, the head injury would have been fatal. The gunshot severed his spine and killed him instantly.

Also, as far as I know, they never found blood in the truck.

MOO
So I really kinda hate these what if scenero's ,that I am about to do , I know it sucks.
But what if ,Gannon did have crohns and his bodies ability to heal was altered ?
Like if he was suffering from anemia or something? Would that look different to the ME?
Not trying to pull up craziness ..but I legit wondered.
I also wondered if she had been feeding him pills that made him have even more stomach issues on purpose because opiates cause constipation and that can lead to leakage. I dunno . I am trying to figure out how an ordinary day of step mommin turned into this mess.

Last edited:
Of course the jury has to hear all of it. There is no such thing as having too much evidence. What a strange concept of not presenting all the evidence. Imo.
Actually, once LS entered NGRI, it became necessary to play all of the recorded content because it goes to the period of time that LS claims to be insane. It follows that the defense has not once opposed playing the repetitive audio conversations -- they know it's necessary.
Disagree. She kept giving bits of info of truth at a time. The fbi guy said so. It was absolutely necessary. The jury needs to hear how disgusting she is. How long she sticks to a lie. And then when she is painted into a corner, she makes up a new elaborate lie.

Entrapment is the act of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure prosecution. She committed her crime prior to these calls. These calls were necessary to find a missing CHILD! Who she killed, and they knew it.
Also, due to the burden of proof being the prosecution’s responsibility it’s imperative to give the jury almost over abundant evidence. They only get one shot.

It’s especially important to provide a comprehensive sample of Letecia’s voice too, in case she doesn’t take the stand. When the defense presents their expert witness we need the jury to be able to draw on the selfish but sane echoes of those conversations. And we need the prosecution well armed in case the expert presents a compelling case.

If the burden was reversed I suspect the prosecution would have a shorter witness list and fewer hours of phone calls. Or maybe not.

All MOO
Agreed. They’re also making sure Letecia can’t open an appeal in the future by arguing that they didn’t include a call she believes would have altered the outcome of the trial.

Prosecution are doing a phenomenal job. They’re saying “this is everything that happened. This is what we have. Hours and hours of her selfish, calculating stories”.

And perhaps we are expecting entertainment. Sure, the hairstyles, the earplugs, and the fingers are all entertainment provided to us and the jury by a scheming Letecia. But the tough job of presenting all the evidence to secure a conviction falls on the prosecutors.

It's a little boring compared to a Netflix documentary but if it results in justice for Gannon, I'll be so happy I listened. I'm thankful we are allowed to watch.

Any "bolding" has been done by me.

Thanks to everyone above for their great comments.

I think the "busted nose and lip", the severe burns and the hydrocodone was enough to give him that sluggish walk on Monday. I think she thought it was enough to finish him off, given enough time and (potential) exposure to the elements. It wasn't. Gannon was stronger than she ever gave him credit for.

So I really kinda hate these what if scenero's ,that I am about to do , I know it sucks.
But what if ,Gannon did have crohns and his bodies ability to heal was altered ?
Like if he was suffering from anemia or something? Would that look different to the ME?
I am not a doctor, but I don't think Crohn's affects clotting. At the very least, there would have been scabbing and clotting around the shallower wounds, inside the deep ones. Your body trying to heal is an automatic response to try to save your life. Cells start trying to patch you up immediately. Even if he had some kind of autoimmune condition, I can't imagine he lay in his bed with life threatening injuries for up to half a day with there being zero signs of healing anywhere.

But, this is just my opinion, so take it or leave it as you choose.

I think she hides her head at times ou of embarrassment.

BUT you are right, she IS getting satisfaction out of hurting LH.

I personally think she hides so the jury don't see her smug face, I don't think feels embarrassment or shame, definitely not guilt. JMO

LS is desperate to get Al to come over: thinking she could charm him back into life with herself.
This seems to be her aim, in these conversations.

This witch does not realize, this will never happen.
Gannon, being missing, does not enter her mind.
It Is all 'WHAT SHE WANTS'.

Pretty soon, there will nothing left, of what she wants: LIFE, without parole. :)

She doesn't even want him to come over though, she knows she is states away and won't admit it, I believe what she wants is just for him to concede, she wants to win, she wants to make him say he believes her and he is coming to get her, she wants him to say she is more important to him than Gannon.

Last edited:
I am not a doctor, but I don't think Crohn's affects clotting. At the very least, there would have been scabbing and clotting around the shallower wounds, inside the deep ones. Your body trying to heal is an automatic response to try to save your life. Cells start trying to patch you up immediately. Even if he had some kind of autoimmune condition, I can't imagine he lay in his bed with life threatening injuries for up to half a day with there being zero signs of healing anywhere.

But, this is just my opinion, so take it or leave it as you choose.
Yeah ,We probably need an expert ,except the whole crohns thing is speculation. I think it interesting ,that even in this case potty accidents have been a major player even though it is a background issue ,when you think about the literature out there about child abuse and toilet issues.
I am just having a hard time with ,why this happened . Yeah she is her ,but what in the actual F happened that made her decide this had to happen . Why was she not able to keep herself in check ?

Last edited:
Under things I wonder about:

If jury finds LS guilty and sentences her to LWOP, is it likely that she could be diagnosed as mentally incompetent in prison, then transferred to a mental health facility to serve her sentence?

Yeah ,We probably need an expert ,except the whole crohns thing is speculation. I think it interesting ,that even in this case potty accidents have been a major player even though it is a background issue ,when you think about the literature out there about child abuse and toilet issues.
I may be alone in thinking that Gannon's medical condition had nothing to do with him being killed. I think it was just another way she chose to humiliate and torture him before and after death.

A lot of the cases I've seen on here where parents who murder their kids cite toileting as a trigger or factor, the parents have in some way created or amplified the situation on purpose as part of a pattern of abuse, rather than the child having accidents setting off a mentally fragile parent. The Valva case is a prime example, though if you don't know it, you should step into it with care, it's equally awful as this one, IMO.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member