CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been listening to the Grusing interview today. I have to take it in small bits at a time because she drives me mad.

When he asked her about bath salts, she says well that all came about because at Gannon’s school they had some people come in and talk to the class. Said they were all dressed “ in their little outfits “- then says “ well, they were professionals- showed the kids CPR. “

Said Albert had to sign a permission slip or an email or something.
Then she said they talked to the kids about things like “ this is your life on crack”

She thought it was very in depth for fifth graders.

Grusing asked Did Gannon tell you about it? How did you know all this?

She said actually they did it at the school she was teaching at first. Then the other teachers in the District saw pictures and requested it for their classrooms.

Interesting.

Some truth ? Any truth?
It would be incredibly easy to check just by talking to the administrators at TS's and Gannon's schools. Those kinds of educators who come in and teach about special subjects all have to be qualified and vetted somehow. Out here in my part of Australia, it's the Life Education Centre. I went to an actual purpose built building somewhere nearby for my experience with them, my partner, who lived in a different city, it was a mobile bus that came to her school.

MOO

Have been listening to the Grusing interview today. I have to take it in small bits at a time because she drives me mad.

When he asked her about bath salts, she says well that all came about because at Gannon’s school they had some people come in and talk to the class. Said they were all dressed “ in their little outfits “- then says “ well, they were professionals- showed the kids CPR. “

Said Albert had to sign a permission slip or an email or something.
Then she said they talked to the kids about things like “ this is your life on crack”

She thought it was very in depth for fifth graders.

Grusing asked Did Gannon tell you about it? How did you know all this?

She said actually they did it at the school she was teaching at first. Then the other teachers in the District saw pictures and requested it for their classrooms.

Interesting.

Some truth ? Any truth?
These are probably the truth:

Al had CPR training.
T's step-dad died one of his times the day T's school had safety training.
Gannon was in the 5th grade.
Everyone has seen the poster of the egg, frying on the sidewalk.

The rest is a T tale.

JMO

These are probably the truth:

Al had CPR training.
T's step-dad died one of his times the day T's school had safety training.
Gannon was in the 5th grade.
Everyone has seen the poster of the egg, frying on the sidewalk.

The rest is a T tale.

JMO
We know both AS and LS had CPR training from the list of documents found in one of the cars, I'm pretty sure it was the Jetta.

Edit: here's the link to my notes from that part of testimony.

CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

I thought of Betty Broderick, in comparison, too. Just want to say, your whole post was very thought provoking. Thank You for backing up what you say with some of your own in-depth research and links.

I need to do more homework on the correctional facility vs what I'd call a prison, or penitentiary. It sure sounds La Vista would be geared for someone like Letecia. Is that where she'd go? Thank You.

LS will first go to the larger facility DWC for reception/intake where inmates generally stay from 3-6 weeks for assessment before being assigned to their final DOC home.

As a lifer, I think there's a good chance she could be assigned to La Vista. But I say this only because Krystal Kenney was housed at DWC for her 18-month sentence (released at 14 months). But LS could very well stay at DWC. I'll ask around.

I thought there were 3 facilities for women but it appears the Canon City Women's Prison was decommissioned shortly after La Vista opened.

O/T: Interesting story about Pearl O’Laughlin, who was convicted of first-degree murder in 1932 (alongside her brother-in-law) for killing her 10 yr old stepdaughter.

ETA: Looked up Devan Schreiner-- convicted 3/7/23 of murder-1 and sentenced to life w/o parole and she's currently housed at DWC.

Agree!

A few years ago we had a young, very talented intern that was diagnosed with disabling schizophrenia. He'd been raised by his already elderly grandparents and shortly after his grandmother's death, their residence was lost to the state for Medicaid reimbursement. While this state lien concept was wildly foreign to me, our homeless, former intern bounced between the state mental hospital and group homes. On meds, he became physically unrecognizable to us. Visiting on a good day, we'd catch a glimpse of his quick wit and engaging smile.

In 2017, we learned he died while in the state mental ward. Rumors were he died of aspiration pneumonia but I'll always wonder about this. What I know for certain is I'd never want LS (or somebody like her) anywhere near somebody truly mentally ill.

While in the mental ward, there was no privacy or single rooms. And if housed with LS and that mouth 24/7, I know I'd either have to throw her out the window or jump myself. Just sayin...
That’s really sad ! Yes I agree didn’t think about the safety of others in there. Just got a nice warm feeling thinking about how miserable she would be there.

She thinks she could really do anything… her stamina, determination, endurance, it’s absolutely stunning to witness.
She thought she could get out of it by sheer will it seems.

Thank god she left so much damning evidence and couldn’t close her dang “yap” :rolleyes:

Agreed. As the child of an abusive mother who tolerated not even a whiff of disagreement, I can attest that riding shotgun was the least popular seat in the car. The backhands to the face would come out of nowhere. My older sister, as a teenager, took to sitting in the passenger seat with her arm held up in a blocking position. So Harley's account of not wanting to question her mother while in the car, and the mention of getting backhanded in the face, rang extremely true to me.
I'm so sorry you went through that. :(

Good morning everybody! No Liescreecha today, hooray!
I’ve watched every minute of trial but haven’t been on WS at all, anxious to read all of your posts and see what some opinions are on some of the events.
What’s clear to me at this point is that the verdict will be quite swift, jmo!
Sending strength to Gannon’s army!!

(Grizzly true crime on YT is a fantastic place to stream the trial-the community there feels like WS)
Hi @Dre Glad to see you here !!

Yes, I agree verdict will be quick.

Thanks for recommendation for Grizzly TC as I keep bopping around to different YT places to watch. I will give them a try.

I don't doubt HH. I see her as a victim and I am truly impressed with how together she is considering she was raised by this cruel monster.

I totally understand how violent she was at the final incident. But I still wonder if it was true that she routinely and often backhanded HH. I think their siblings would have told AS if they ever saw it or heard about it.

And I think LS kept her violent tendencies somewhat hidden for much of the time. I doubt thagt AS would have put up with that kind of abuse and LS knew that. Again, I don't doubt HH and I feel her testimony was , overall, accurate and sincere.

But she was raised by a manipulative e liar so if HH felt she had to help herself a little from being charged with accessory to murder, an excuse like that would have served her well. I just can't see LS regularly and routinely backhanding HH, without the other kids and then AS finding out. JMO
I think she abused all three kids with Gannon getting the brunt of it. Murder. Have to wonder what Laina knows. Pretty sure she must have been questioned in a delicate way because of her age. It must be terrible livng with the fact that your evil step mother murdered your brother. :(

My childhood was no bed of roses, and everything all kind of blurs in together, but I still remember crystal clear the sheer physical shock of that first, full force hit to the face. It genuinely felt like my head was coming off my shoulders. If that had become a regular part of the repertoire, you can bet that I would have been doing anything possible to avoid it. I believe HH. What she said rang true to me. And obviously, to the investigators, too, or I think we'd be watching video of her in the box alone with Grusing, as well.

MOO
I'm so sorry you had to live through that. I was lucky I suppose because my mom used to chase my brothers and me with an old fashioned butter churner thing, but I don't recall her ever hitting any of us. I'm sure she wanted to at times, but I don't believe she ever did. She did have a very loud voice, however. My dad put a stop to that though. :)

I'm so sorry you had to live through that. I was lucky I suppose because my mom used to chase my brothers and me with an old fashioned butter churner thing, but I don't recall her ever hitting any of us. I'm sure she wanted to at times, but I don't believe she ever did. She did have a very loud voice, however. My dad put a stop to that though. :)
You don't have to feel guilty, by the way, if you were, for having had a different kind of childhood to mine, that wasn't why I posted about my experience. It's just hard to understand how that kind of violence, just the threat of it, can be so effective if you haven't experienced it, so I was trying to share to help that understanding. If you haven't had that expereince, then I'm glad.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member