CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the owner of a lifelong scarred lip & cheek, and being all to familiar with how fast a bony, knuckled backhand really works, it rang true as heck to me as well.
My childhood was no bed of roses, and everything all kind of blurs in together, but I still remember crystal clear the sheer physical shock of that first, full force hit to the face. It genuinely felt like my head was coming off my shoulders. If that had become a regular part of the repertoire, you can bet that I would have been doing anything possible to avoid it. I believe HH. What she said rang true to me. And obviously, to the investigators, too, or I think we'd be watching video of her in the box alone with Grusing, as well.

MOO

If LE asked Al & Landen, would they prefer
a) LE continue with the approach that keeps LS talking, in the hope she reveals enough for them to find Gannon, or
b) LE switch to “bad cop” which will make her shut down and guarantee LE will definitely not obtain info to help find Gannon
They would not choose (b). Nor would LE. I’m surprised if people here would honestly prefer (b)

My childhood was no bed of roses, and everything all kind of blurs in together, but I still remember crystal clear the sheer physical shock of that first, full force hit to the face. It genuinely felt like my head was coming off my shoulders. If that had become a regular part of the repertoire, you can bet that I would have been doing anything possible to avoid it. I believe HH. What she said rang true to me. And obviously, to the investigators, too, or I think we'd be watching video of her in the box alone with Grusing, as well.

MOO
I'm. sorry that happened to you. I love Agent Grusing, have seen him in 2 other trials, he's a skilled Agent.

She is such a manipulator that I can see her easily persuading others in prison and using them in a way to protect her from the rougher inmates. She has no feeling for the pain and suffering she put Gannon through and even her own loved ones. Her attitude in court is like: “get me out of her and get me to the party”, as if she is going anywhere.

She doesn’t deserve to be in a mental ward. I believe she would hurt those who really need help and the professionals trying to help her.

I believe the devil is real. And she is possessed.

I think the mental hospitals are better equipped to keep people like LS from harming others, personally. There's always at least one ward for the dangerous. It is illegal to keep someone in restraints except under medical supervision. She may need to be in restraints. If so, she'll either have to usurp a bed in the prison hospital ward (in the psychiatric division, which I assume they have) or she'll join the others in that situation in the mental hospital. Both would need a psychiatrist to order it, IMO. People can be restrained in Corrections Departments during transport, etc, but they can't just be chained to their bed or to the wall (as used to be done - within the 20th century, in the US).

Medical restraints are of a humane type, and are used both for people who are dangerous to others - and to themselves. I believe LS may end up being both, in prison. The goal is to get medication on board. Most prisons don't have padded rooms, but mental health wards do. The order to put someone into one is made by a doctor in the states where I've worked.

Personally, I feel the State Mental Hospital is just as bad as most State Prisons, and for some people, even worse - because while someone like LS can easily manipulate the relatively mentally healthy prisoners in prison, she will have a harder type manipulating people who, like her, have bizarre ideation and behavior.

In prison, she'll strive to be a gang leader and have more to do. She will be dangerous and manipulative. She'll enjoy it and probably will incur some new charges and get to go back to court (which is also something to do).

Group interactions will be supervised much more closely in the State Mental Hospital and she'll be placed in a group where a psychiatrist decides she's likely to do the least damage. IOW, with other people just like herself - there should be enough of them. I'm not saying it works like magic, but locked wards organized by mental health condition do have a big positive impact on behavior.

I'm not one of those people who think a potential shiv-making LS would be doing society a favor by harming prison inmates. And the guards at the prison are charged to make sure that she doesn't. She will take up SO much time that other criminals will find their lives less scrutinized. Which is why the other criminals will encourage her behavior and she will have a role in a prison group.

Sigh. Oh well not my problem. I just think she would find herself having to change some of her ways in the State Hospital.

IMO. All speculation.

I think she’s a Cluster B milkshake. JMVHAspieO

Cluster B personality disorders:
1. Anti-Social PD (sociopaths and psychopaths)
2. Narcissistic PD
3. Borderline PD
4. Histrionic PD

I share your opinion, which in some people's taxonomies, would indeed make her a psychopath (grab bag of symptoms from each of these and likely fluid among the various Dx). Quadruple diagnosis. And maybe some other things as well.

JMO.

She's just dumb. She was also panicked. I think a lot of criminals get into the mindset of "If I can only stay free for 5 more minutes!" This is consistent with her dumb escape attempts as well.

Dumb + disordered thinking != insane, of course.

IMO.
Omg, this is sooo true. When I was 19, I briefly dated a garbage human being who made the dumbest decisions to avoid getting caught. For example, he got a ticket for reckless driving and didn’t pay the fine. Then his driver’s license was suspended but he continued to drive. When he was arrested for driving with a suspended license, he posted bail and never showed up for his court date. When the judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest, he ran when LE tried to stop him. When they finally caught up with him washing his car, he tackled the officer, got pepper sprayed in the face, and ran away on foot. They finally got him a few days later and when I found out he’d been arrested… I was like DUDE! You could have just paid the fine for reckless driving and been done with this. Now you’re facing real jail time for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest on top of everything else. That’s when I broke up with him. He was too stupid to live.

MOO
I'm so sorry iamshodow21. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of abuse!

I think she’s a Cluster B milkshake. JMVHAspieO

Cluster B personality disorders:
1. Anti-Social PD (sociopaths and psychopaths)
2. Narcissistic PD
3. Borderline PD
4. Histrionic PD
Agreed.

But also, there are many people with the combo platter of challenging diagnoses. Who struggle, manage, toggle between the two but never kill anyone.

Maybe the difference is that she grabbed the shaker of hot peppers and ruined her Cluster B milkshake with a nasty flavor of her own. There is something very sadistic about T.

And that puts her in a whole 'nother class.

Prison will fit her well.

Jmo

I think the mental hospitals are better equipped to keep people like LS from harming others, personally.
I tend to think so as well. One of the biggest questions that comes to mind as we listen to her, over and over again, the same petulant, argumentative, adolescent, self-serving lies and obfuscations, is how on earth did someone like Al ever fall for her schemes and manipulation? Part of the answer lies in the fact that most people have no idea that there are personality types, personality disorders, no real understanding of narcissists and how they act. Most people don't know what gaslighting even is. All her techniques and methods are, however, very familiar to those trained in such behaviors.

I think the mental hospitals are better equipped to keep people like LS from harming others, personally. There's always at least one ward for the dangerous. It is illegal to keep someone in restraints except under medical supervision. She may need to be in restraints. If so, she'll either have to usurp a bed in the prison hospital ward (in the psychiatric division, which I assume they have) or she'll join the others in that situation in the mental hospital. Both would need a psychiatrist to order it, IMO. People can be restrained in Corrections Departments during transport, etc, but they can't just be chained to their bed or to the wall (as used to be done - within the 20th century, in the US).

Medical restraints are of a humane type, and are used both for people who are dangerous to others - and to themselves. I believe LS may end up being both, in prison. The goal is to get medication on board. Most prisons don't have padded rooms, but mental health wards do. The order to put someone into one is made by a doctor in the states where I've worked.

Personally, I feel the State Mental Hospital is just as bad as most State Prisons, and for some people, even worse - because while someone like LS can easily manipulate the relatively mentally healthy prisoners in prison, she will have a harder type manipulating people who, like her, have bizarre ideation and behavior.

In prison, she'll strive to be a gang leader and have more to do. She will be dangerous and manipulative. She'll enjoy it and probably will incur some new charges and get to go back to court (which is also something to do).

Group interactions will be supervised much more closely in the State Mental Hospital and she'll be placed in a group where a psychiatrist decides she's likely to do the least damage. IOW, with other people just like herself - there should be enough of them. I'm not saying it works like magic, but locked wards organized by mental health condition do have a big positive impact on behavior.

I'm not one of those people who think a potential shiv-making LS would be doing society a favor by harming prison inmates. And the guards at the prison are charged to make sure that she doesn't. She will take up SO much time that other criminals will find their lives less scrutinized. Which is why the other criminals will encourage her behavior and she will have a role in a prison group.

Sigh. Oh well not my problem. I just think she would find herself having to change some of her ways in the State Hospital.

IMO. All speculation.
I would like to respond to my first post to you again. My heart is not as hard as it sounds. I’ve always admired your strength and courage to speak out based on you own training and knowledge. I have none of that. I realize you actually know what you are talking about.

Placing LS in a mental hospital sounds to me like a free ride because she can be so manipulative. I don’t think therapy or medications would help her at all. And in my mind, most of us don’t want help for her. We want punishment and justice for what she did to a child.

I do believe the love of God conquers all the devils on earth. Hence my user name “love never fails”. I’m just thinking that woman needs a good flogging first. Maybe we could send her to Iran or Saudi Arabia.

IMO. All speculation.

Having worked with Washington's correction facility for women, in my experience, women's prisons across the country do not share the reputation of most penitentiaries housing male convicts.

Respectfully, I'm not understanding the reputation being assigned to LS. To my knowledge, with the exception of the filmed episode between LS and guards during transport from SC, I'm not aware of any disciplinary reports in the past 3 years of LS being violent while incarcerated or needing restraints.

Colorado provides two multi-custody level female facilities and I think LS will do just fine in either location. She's not special.

La Vista Correctional Facility (LVCF) was opened in July 2006, providing the Colorado Department of Corrections with a new multi-custody Level III facility for female inmates. In July 2020, legislation was passed reducing the bed capacity from 707 to 560 leaving 3 living units with a capacity of 78 beds, 2 living units with a capacity of 80 beds, and Unit 1 and Unit 4 Therapeutic Community consisting of 76 beds each. LVCF also has 14 general population beds in the Intake Diagnostic Orientation (IDO) unit and a 15 bed classification review unit. The facility has a mixed classification of female inmates ranging from minimum to close custody. Services provided by housing assignment include a Therapeutic Community, Re-entry services and an Incentive unit.

Warden Tom Werlich

Built in 1998, Denver Women’s Correctional Facility (DWCF) is one of two correctional facilities for women in CDOC. DWCF is the largest and houses female inmates at all custody levels. DWCF has several unique responsibilities and programs for women inmates to include: housing all pregnant inmates, inmates with high medical and mental health needs, an intake unit, incentive unit, management control unit, a therapeutic community, and a Residential Treatment Program (RTP) for inmates with severe mental health treatment needs. DWCF has a capacity of 984 beds. DWCF also houses 17 female parolees who are participating in the Alternative Stabilization Assistance Program (ASAP).

Warden Ryan Long

ETA: I compare LS to Betty Broderick -- no remorse and will forever be the victim -- blaming others for her actions. Having served 32 years of her 32 to life sentence, Broderick's twice been denied parole, and her next eligible date for consideration is not until 2032.

IMO. All speculation.
All good points.

I guess it really doesn't matter which direction she goes--as long as she is locked up for as long as possible. For life, if possible.

I can see where she might actually enjoy prison more than a mental hospital for the reasons you mention.

My only fear--and maybe I've just watched too many movies--is that if she went to a hospital, she might be able to convince the doctors she was rehabilitated.
JMOO

I tend to think so as well. One of the biggest questions that comes to mind as we listen to her, over and over again, the same petulant, argumentative, adolescent, self-serving lies and obfuscations, is how on earth did someone like Al ever fall for her schemes and manipulation? Part of the answer lies in the fact that most people have no idea that there are personality types, personality disorders, no real understanding of narcissists and how they act. Most people don't know what gaslighting even is. All her techniques and methods are, however, very familiar to those trained in such behaviors.

In my opinion, when getting their way, individuals like LS can be good at managing, organizing family events, coaching, etc., and AS had no qualms about leaving LS in charge while he was states away. I recall AS testifying how she moved and settled the family in Colorado on her own before he arrived in Colorado himself.

I think it's fair to say that we've only been exposed to five weeks of LS under the worst of circumstances: the evil deed was done and there was no turning back. LS's only focus during this time was to fabricate, misdirect, and shift blame for the same purpose – avoid punishment and/or arrest/conviction. MOO

If LE asked Al & Landen, would they prefer
a) LE continue with the approach that keeps LS talking, in the hope she reveals enough for them to find Gannon, or
b) LE switch to “bad cop” which will make her shut down and guarantee LE will definitely not obtain info to help find Gannon
They would not choose (b). Nor would LE. I’m surprised if people here would honestly prefer (b)
Gannon's body was found by a Florida Department of Transportation construction crew, not LE. They were on her tail of course, but not through her providing vital information. They were tracking her vehicles and checking phone data and talking to all sorts of people and checking cameras, etc.

Some people on here are open to the fact that isolating her might have broken her. Maybe it wouldn't have, who knows? But we all know she loves an audience and is a master manipulator and thrives on control and drama. People like this don't thrive in isolation.

Last edited:
Replying to myself to add that whatever LS blurted out might not have been prompted by JG talking about the board.

A couple of minutes prior to that he told her that HH was not stranded at the mall where LS had dropped her before arrest, he confirmed that LS had said she wanted Dee Dee to be her guardian for now. He told LS that LE had search warrants for DeeDee house, Laura’s house and LS van.

LS asked if DD and L are in trouble. JG says no, being searched because LS had been staying there.

So maybe all that news caused her exclamation.

There’s a DD on the Defense witness list.
I can’t imagine them calling her unless they feel she can bolster the insanity defense.
JMO

I love, love your avatar.

I think they're going to go hard. The Mental Health stuff won't be boring - I promise!....
I hope it is intriguing, but...
I've watch a few trials with psych and mental health experts. Please know that while I am very interested in psychology and how it relates to criminal behavior; I don't like when experts slant test results and make it a dry testimony trying to prove something it's not.

@10ofRods, your posts have been extremely interesting on Letecia's personality disorders. I hope the experts make it as interesting as you're expecting.
If you are correct I will be shocked. I don’t like it when attorneys use the courtroom and psychiatric professionals to get their clients off or reduce their sentences. If LS is insane so is EVERY killer out there.
I don't like it either, @Love Never Fails. Listening to paid experts defending a killer using psych talk can get not only boring, but irritating.

This is MOO only-- People are a lot more savvy to personality disorders now days, and that's what I'm seeing members talk about recognizing in Letecia most. I hope jurors don't mistake a comorbidity of personality disorders for insanity, and certainly hope the expert touches on that subject.

All I've seen is one very aware, sly but stupid, personality trying to manipulate and wiggle her way out of blame for what she knowingly did. Where were her other personalities all that time on the phone calls and with the FBI? No expert will probably be able to talk me into believing different now after I've had to listen to the defendant for days and days.

All my own thoughts and MOO

She was disparaging AS again. He wanted a 3 way and she didn't and yada yada uada the 3 way person might have gotten mad and be responsible for all of this. But somehow, in that same call I think, she is also 8 weeks pregnant so she can't take any of her anxiety meds. Did you catch that part?
Ahhhh, thank you! I do remember her saying that she was pregnant to Al - did she also tell LE that she was? This was the first I heard of the 3way thing, so I guess she's just throwing anything she can at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB