CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pitiful that Defense was trying to smear the witness, Dr. Mohr a Clinical Psychologist, for her type of work with sex offenders and pedophiles in the prison where she currently is employed.

Questions by viewers -- Is Letecia's shirt on backwards today? RA says it may be as part of the act for today.
I didn't notice more than she has gained a lot of weight it seems?

Well Cook handled that badly, but the witness had been immensely irritating, and it was fairly clear that she had only dealt with LS in a box-ticking exercise, solely to protect the jail against the fall-out from suicides and the like. She was vague as to what she remembered - "I don't *think* I'd have mentioned Florida" and so on. But there were calmer, more courteous way to bring all of that out. But it doesn't matter, as I feel sure that the jury will be fairly sure that LS is fabricating the DID stuff.

Why is it significate that when Gannon's body was found Letecia claimed she never was in Florida?

Me-- Why does a kid who got caught with his hand in a cookie jar say "I didn't do it"?

Dr. Mohr doesn't know why it would be relevant why Letecia would share that she had met with her attorneys a couple hrs. before she made that claim of never being in Florida.

Afternoon Break now. Attorneys seem happy about something?
View attachment 417167

Probably happy to actually get to have a go at the whole cross thing - finally!

I believe she was just shy of 18 when she made the bomb threat JMO
I just knew you would remember!
Sounds more like mischief than anxiety though she probably used anxiety to get out of it ..
Now she has progressed to murder and her self diagnosis is more 'complex'
I think this is a theme with her..
'I couldn't stop myself cos I had anxiety when I was 16..'?

Dr. Christine Mohr is the next witness to be called to the stand. She’s the first mental health professional to testify in the Letecia Stauch murder trial.

In March 2020, Dr. Mohr was the Mental Health Director at the El Paso County Jail. On March 5, 2020, she did an assessment on Letecia Stauch.

Dr. Mohr said she remembered Letecia being calm and polite throughout their conversations. Dr. Mohr said given the nature of the crime, and Letecia not having any criminal history, jail can be traumatic and scary, and she wanted to make sure Letecia was safe and stable.

Dr. Mohr said Letecia told her about being diagnosed with anxiety and having general symptoms. Dr. Mohr said Letecia denied having any disorders, in-patient or out-patient treatment, and also denied any past suicide attempts.

Dr. Mohr said she placed Letecia on suicide watch, because of the alleged crime and her first time being in jail, and Letecia didn’t agree with that.

When asked if Dr. Mohr noticed Letecia having any mental health issues, she said “not anything overt.” Dr. Mohr said Letecia was anxious and nervous, which seemed consistent with her self report of having anxiety.

My apologies for the delay in Tweets and notes, as it's been a lot of information coming very quickly. I will follow-up later today.

I agree.
Fully.
I don't mean to go full boomer but I will anyway..
When I was a student nurse I had a placement in a psychiatric hospital for several months.
Patients had known and common disease labels with symptoms and with appropriate medication prescribed and administered and taken.
Seriously ill people who needed to be hospitalised for their own safety and protection.

GAD didn't feature in any of them.

I think maturity is managing our lives so our various neuroses don't get to run the whole show.

If I set myself up and do something dangerous, I WILL feel anxiety- afterwards.

Was that not around the time of the bomb scare? feb 2001?
What age was she in 2001?

i'm trying to link into court registry.com but browser very slow.
It seems like GAD can sometimes be a moving target, to be brought up or not depending upon the goal. For example Oscar Pistorius was diagnosed with GAD *after* his murder of Reeva and his defense gave it much weight.

But I guess the bigger question is whether or not GAD can be or has been associated with murder. As some of you have pointed out it can be situational or a lifelong illness and often is only treated with medication.

I’m not trying to diminish the effects of GAD, just opining that I don’t see a connection. Heck I see no connection or correlation to any of the mental health problems Letecia’s defense is putting forth.

And the claim that Letecia would have been reluctant to discuss mental health issues while the guards were nearby? Right, she’d be waaay too intimidated to talk about herself and a subject that might help her defense. :rolleyes:

They got nothing IMO.

It seems like GAD can sometimes be a moving target, to be brought up or not depending upon the goal. For example Oscar Pistorius was diagnosed with GAD *after* his murder of Reeva and his defense gave it much weight.

But I guess the bigger question is whether or not GAD can be or has been associated with murder. As some of you have pointed out it can be situational or a lifelong illness and often is only treated with medication.

I’m not trying to diminish the effects of GAD, just opining that I don’t see a connection. Heck I see no connection or correlation to any of the mental health problems Letecia’s defense is putting forth.

And the claim that Letecia would have been reluctant to discuss mental health issues while the guards were nearby? Right, she’d be waaay too intimidated to talk about herself and a subject that might help her defense. :rolleyes:

They got nothing IMO.
Nailed it!

I don't mean to undermine genuine mental, psychological, psychic injuries either but this is a profound liar.
She's too lazy to even try to remember her lies because she has zero respect for her audience.
Constant gaslight and constant moral injury is the theme here and has been all the while in light of her actions.

So she was triggered in the jail because someone asked to see her *advertiser censored*, but when she was raped by EdjguardoQuincy in front of a defenceless child she was fine, that didn't trigger memories of Daddy at all, in fact it's as if nothing ever happened :rolleyes:

I have mixed reviews on Dr. Mohr as a witness.

Part of me wants to applaud how LS did not seem to be a memorable inmate she observed and/or evaluated, but I also wish she was better prepared for Court about her own notes.

However, given the global pandemic that followed LS's incarceration, I imagine Dr. Mohr's schedule at the EPJ became very taxing.

Noting Dr. Mohr relocated to Kansas in mid-2021 -- her experience with LS was limited and/or not current. JMO
I actually enjoyed her as a witness. Like you mentioned, it came off as Letecia wasn't even slightly memorable to her. Which basically says everything you need to know about LS's mental health.

Without getting into too much detail, I had a family member who worked at the state hospital in Pueblo - the stories you'd hear on the daily basis of things patients did/said were almost unbelievable. And yes I know she worked at the jail not Pueblo, but I'm sure there are similar comparisons with some people she dealt/s with.

Letecia thinking she was a genius and faking disorders probably wasn't something that really stuck out to her in comparison with other inmates with actual mental health issues that she had to deal with on a day to day basis.

Maybe a little unprepared on her testimony - but sometimes I think that comes off better to the jury. Makes it seem like they didn't rehearse in order to fit a narrative.

Is her shirt on backwards? I don't think so. The shirt looks too small for her and it fits too tight. Going for the unflattering look, I guess.
1682459022542.png

1682459198152.png
Defense grilling the witness whether she knows molestation of a child is the same
as sexual assault.

March 5, 2020 first day Letecia was in jail and met with Dr. Mohr. No signs of DID then.

Letecia was only out of her cell one hour a day. She would be transported to the other ward to talk to any family or friends, shower, or exercise equipment, read books. Defense says she was solitary, Dr. Mohr says it's a restrictive solitary.

Met with Letecia about 36 times from March 5, 2020 to Jan, 2021 from 5-30 minutes depending on what they were talking about.

I have mixed reviews on Dr. Mohr as a witness.

Part of me wants to applaud how LS did not seem to be a memorable inmate she observed and/or evaluated, but I also wish she was better prepared for Court about her own notes.

However, given the global pandemic that followed LS's incarceration, I imagine Dr. Mohr's schedule at the EPJ became very taxing.

Noting Dr. Mohr relocated to Kansas in mid-2021 -- her experience with LS was limited and/or not current. JMO
The dynamic between herself and prosecution is not exactly free flowing.. very difficult..

She says she believes sexually assaulting a child is different than sexual molestation. Her opinion. Atty Cook tells her under Colorado law sexual molestation is sex assault. There is no differentiation. She says she is unaware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member