CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did T manage to keep her DNA out of the mix? No bleeding, gloves?

Seems the most damning is his blood on her shoes.

I mean it's all damning but the shoes bring the DNA profiles together.

Why can't the minor profile be determined?

She didn't bleed, presumably. She hurt Gannon, she didn't hurt herself.

I assume the minor profile doesn't belong to anyone from whom they took a swab. Could be Laina, although one might think they'd taken her DNA.

Are you speaking of the profile on the board? Or is it someplace else?

We will probably never fully know how it all went down that weekend. I'm always shocked when I realize how much was going on and that Letecia was doing all sorts of devious things with a plan.

Some of the DNA testimony today went very fast. Didn't catch anything about under Gannon's fingernails. Evidence DNA results went so fast, I didn't feel the Jurors may be able to grasp what the results reveal with any impact. Hope somehow it all comes together in a closing summation. That piece of carpet it seems was replaced with another piece of carpet is so revealing of a cunning, non-insane person. Waiting for a impactful summation to help Jurors get the full picture of the evil at work called Letecia.

(BTW-- Sun flares and the Northern Lights being seen affects networks and electrical grids, as you may have noticed today, per Recovery Addict's youtube channel.)

I have been comparing the candle wax picture to a picture in evidence and replacing the cut carpet twice would help make sense as to why the location of the spilled wax doesn't exactly match up to the cut piece of carpet..IMO anyway..
The spilled wax seems to be closer to the all and farther back than the cut piece of carpet. Leading the spilled wax being a cover for the whole carpet replacing as the blankets look completely staged as well.ive brought it before as well, that the blue blanket in this picture is similar to the blanket in the pink suitcase that was NOT photographed with the other burnt blankets.View attachment 416900 View attachment 416898View attachment 416899
Fantastic pics!
Just jumping off your post, it has always bothered me the color of the “candle wax” on the floor vs. the color of the wax in the jar that it allegedly came from. I know this has or been discussed way back but it’s escaping me at the moment

It seems odd to me the DNA of both girls in the house wasn't collected to rule it out of the samples. I wonder why that wasn't done?

Both were minors, could be one reason (Gannon's DNA would have been collected per missing persons protocol, IMO).

HH likely would have needed LS's consent at the time, and that didn't happen. Maybe AS thought Laina's DNA should not be "in the system," perhaps not understanding how it could part of the story.

IMO.

NO. And I was waiting for that question.
Me too, I thought I might have missed it, because he seemed very interested in them when talking to Sherri Holes, and then nothing. Seems very odd to me. I wonder if he forgot to ask?.
I was hoping the jury would ask, but no.

I missed that.

Wow.

Wow.... and why did they not compare to T, ever?

I think they did, but the sample was unknown so it didn't match LS.

I noticed that Mr Cook was keen to subtly insinuate the unknown profile might have been Harley’s :rolleyes:

Is this where this is going?

Gannon bled on the carpet. T cut it out. Then she put in a square of fresh carpet which she then set on fire, threw it into their trash, and replaced it with another carpet cutting?
That's what I speculated she did last week when we found out about the piece of bloody carpet hidden in the carpet roll. We KNOW it didn't come from Gannon's room. That carpet wasn't cut until CSIs cut it to reveal the blood pooling. It's a brand new house. The only place in the flooring we know carpet was cut from is the place the supposed fire happened. And we have three carpet squares in play. The clean piece from under the rug. The burnt piece in the trash. And the bloody piece in the carpet roll. CSI Brooke Bell said there was evidence of blood in roughly the area of the floor the carpet was cut. I think it's the only sequence that makes sense.

MOO

Tomorrow we hear from an FBI CAST team expert, Kevin Hoyland.
He’s worked on many Colorado cases.

Weld Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wrenn called FBI Special Agent Kevin Hoyland to the stand to discuss his expertise and experience in historical call detail analysis. As a national asset of the Cellular Analysis Survey Team, Hoyland reported 100% of his workweek is dedicated to this matter.

Hoyland said RTT data became a “game-changer” for law enforcement purposes because the system helps locate devices through distance measurements in miles from cellular towers to phones.

@Curious Me, could you please transcript what RA talked about right after webex cutoff? If not, I will later when transcript is available. TIA
Sorry, @arielilane, can't, I didn't catch it all. Concentrating on pic shots more because not sleeping well. I have pain from pinched nerve, so typing kinda hurts. Hard to think straight when not sleeping well, so I enjoy all of you expounding on the evidence results and your thoughts. Such astute, smart people here. :)

If you mean defense witnesses, yes, at least two.

I doubt that the State will do another round to rebut those witnesses - but maybe. On that we have to wait and see.

This defense hasn't shown much of their hand (such as it is, probably best to hide it as long as possible).

IMO

I dunno. In this case, specifically, I can't imagine the state will not have a redirect after Dr. Lewis, the defense expert on DID.

DA Allen has proven very skillful but I don't think it is above him to recall Dr. Torres or Dr. Gray to discredit Lewis's diagnosis of LS.

This is technical stuff and better to allow doctors to impeach and/or discredit other doctors. JMO

It seems odd to me the DNA of both girls in the house wasn't collected to rule it out of the samples. I wonder why that wasn't done?
Wild Guess...why would it really matter unless it was his bio- mom's DNA ? T's, Lainia, and HH's DNA are all expected to be in the house.
How come they switched to discussing Wednesday's witness list and not Tuesdays? What did I miss?

I'm pretty sure they said the insole sample was from sweat, skin cells? but to be honest I was just typing just as fast as I could at that point and may have misunderstood.

MOO
I believe you’re right, skin cells in her Nikes. No mention of blood inside the shoe.

Here’s what the AA says:

3533E69E-EFE5-4238-9118-4387ECDB79B1.jpegF2B2D06E-FB79-4189-AA0A-6466A5627902.jpeg

It may have been considered sensitive because of their age, and also, BOTH girls had at least one biological parent who DID give a sample. It would be easy to determine a profile belonged to Little sis, child of both AS and HH and full sib to Gannon, or HH, biological child of LS, with the samples they had.

MOO

Wild Guess...why would it really matter unless it was his bio- mom's DNA ? T's, Lainia, and HH's DNA are all expected to be in the house.
How come they switched to discussing Wednesday's witness list and not Tuesdays? What did I miss?
Weather event on Tuesday night/Wednesday, expected to mess with folks' ability to get to court. Staff, lawyers, witnesses, and jurors may be effected.

We have a big snow event coming Tuesday night into Wednesday so Judge was talking about a possible 2 hour delay on Wednesday.

Colorado Springs will probably only get an inch or 2 - mostly the upper elevations will be dumped on. Probably 3 feet on Pikes Peak they say.

Whenever the roads might be impacted, every government office and military base in town along with schools always have a 2 hour delayed start. IME

Tomorrow we hear from an FBI CAST team expert, Kevin Hoyland.
He’s worked on many Colorado cases.

Weld Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wrenn called FBI Special Agent Kevin Hoyland to the stand to discuss his expertise and experience in historical call detail analysis. As a national asset of the Cellular Analysis Survey Team, Hoyland reported 100% of his workweek is dedicated to this matter.

Hoyland said RTT data became a “game-changer” for law enforcement purposes because the system helps locate devices through distance measurements in miles from cellular towers to phones.

I still shake that Krystal got off so lightly!

She didn't bleed, presumably. She hurt Gannon, she didn't hurt herself.

I assume the minor profile doesn't belong to anyone from whom they took a swab. Could be Laina, although one might think they'd taken her DNA.

Are you speaking of the profile on the board? Or is it someplace else?
They talked about an 'unknown male' in a couple of places as part of the mixture. I presume it didn't come from LE or they would have been able to rule it out, but it could have been from any other random person who had been in the house at some point. A visitor, a delivery person, a moving company person. Heck, depending on where it was found, it could have been from a construction worker or decorator who built the home, it was only a year or two old.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member