VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure enemas can be and are used improperly. Many things can be. But I also suspect there are thousands of parents who give enemas to their children and they don't have any sort of "fetish."

The Internet is filled with instructions from reliable sources for giving enemas to children at home. Here are two examples. It's just not an odd thing to do. The implication that a parent isn't normal unless he/she is embarrassed to deal with a child's bowels doesn't help anyone. (And that was the implication from Dr. L in court I thought.)

We don't know what GS's bowel problems truly were except that he had them and they were fairly serious. They were also said to be related to his prematurity. Al testified he knew LS didn't like dealing with GS's bowel condition. But Al was gone alot and apparently it was her job. I don't know that she "volunteered" either. But she was the children's caretaker when AS was gone. Who else could have acted? She may have misused enemas-- we really don't know-- but the fact that she gave enemas at all is just not that unusual IMO.

<modsnip - off topic> I would not think that the need for an enema for a chronic childhood condition would typically involve going to the ER. (While the above links as well as others do point out the need for the parent to master the proper procedure, those sources don't suggest going to the ER either.) Any child or adult could at times require emergency care but an ER or even a doctor's office aren't typically needed to administer an enema.
JMO
@NCWatcher I miss the interesting and factual information you bring to a case. So, I am glad to catch this. There are many risks performing an enema on a child and a potential of perforating the bowel. I haven't forgot a Munchausen's by proxy case and caring for a 13 month old with less than a foot of small bowel remaining. The mother was using enemas to harm the baby. God only knows all that LS was doing to this beautiful boy.

I started this trial with no knowledge of Dr. Lewis at all. Admittedly, I felt some sympathy for this elderly woman in a wheelchair ruining what seemed to be an outstanding career. I believe this little old lady is a con artist seeking unearned celebrity status from long ago. I’ve been reading about her overnight and I‘m reminded of how foolish emotions get in the way of logic. I wish I had studied her beforehand; but if I had, surely I would be in time out again by now.

I have no idea if her board certifications she spoke of are even valid. She needs to be evaluated for mental health after all certifications and licenses are revoked. I’ve struggled with mental health disorders most of my life. If not for some caring upfront aggressive psychiatrists, I would still be a victim. I worked as a public servant for almost 40 years and retired as Special Investigator for my state’s medical board so I know there are very specific requirements as to reciprocity and maintaining licensure. I’m surprised someone hasn’t brought her up for a hearing for Moral Turpitude. I’m really mad right now so I shall stop before I…

Her interest began in kindergarten, when a precocious desire to understand how a human being could be so cruel led her to try to figure out Adolf Hitler. After all, she was horrified when she watched her uncle slaughter a chicken on their farm in New Jersey. In Lewis ’ memoir, Guilty by Reason of Insanity: A Psychiatrist Explores the Minds of Killers, she recalls stories of the Nazi dictator hanging over her childhood as “a source of fascination and fear.” She was the only student in her elementary school “who did not rejoice upon hearing of Hitler’s suicide. Now I could never know what made him tick. … I was convinced, even as a child, that Hitler could not have been born that way. Something had to have happened to him. No one could be born that way. I still believe that.”
Lookup Detail View
Name

Name
DOROTHY O LEWIS MD

License Information
License Information
License TypeLicense NumberExpiration DateGranted DateLicense NameLicense StatusLicensure Actions or Pending Charges
Physician/Surgeon1231907/31/202009/21/1965DOROTHY OTNOW LEWISINACTIVELAPSED DUE TO NON-RENEWALNone
Does this mean that she currently holds no license or is this in a specific state?

Does this mean that she currently holds no license or is this in a specific state?
I‘m unable to find current licensure for her in any state. What I posted was from the CT physician license lookup. It seems it’s the only license she had but I must be missing something cause I remember she spoke about California

When in the heck did she become Jewish?

When I first heard about the kosher thing I thought it was just another scam to get better food, but recently there was someone who commented on a thread elsewhere, someone had asked if there was anyone in the group that knew her personally, and one commenter knew her when she was younger and she said that she had a kosher diet back then too.
This is speculation and MOO.

@NCWatcher God only knows all that LS was doing to this beautiful boy.
I was thinking about this case and wondered when it all started. I know she just didn't decide to up and kill a child one day so was it physical abuse that escalated to murder? How is it that she has never done this before? Or has she? In a lot of cases of children being murdered by an abuser in the home, they are usually isolated so no one sees the bruises or broken bones. There is a cycle of abuse and it escalates. I don't really see that here so it makes me wonder how it started and when.
I know abusers sometimes single out one child to abuse and not the others, that makes sense. But it seems like it went from 0-100 in a matter of days and not over a course of months or years, but maybe it did and we just do not know.

I‘m unable to find current licensure for her in any state. What I posted was from the CT physician license lookup. It seems it’s the only license she had but I must be missing something cause I remember she spoke about California

I think I heard her say that she kept up her licence in New York? Something about it being handy but I could be remembering that wrong. I think it was when Mr Young asked her if she had a licence to practice in Colorado.

I remember Mr Young questioning her about her knowledge ( lack of ) about Colorado law because she seemed to think that all States should have reciprocity.

She mentioned that she knew for sure that California and Florida have reciprocity because she had testified in those states.

JMO

Hatred. Peel everything else away. That's all she is. Hateful. Spiteful. Vindictive. Cruel. Mean.

I bet we could find the exact moment on social media that T learned the cape mattered, the same moment it entered into her ever-changing narrative.

Just like the video of Gannon waving and jumping into the water. That's other-level cruel, evil....

I think T is hard to diagnose because she's such a cluster-cluster --but mostly because she added her own brand of disordered thinking and it's that hatred. Shades of anti-social, borderline. But it's that there's this hatred running through it. Evident in everything she does and says.

Jmo

^A very astute question by the jury, one worthy of a full answer. Yet all the windbag doctor offered was a yes, after 2 days of blathering.

I call BS. Dr L never tested for faking by LS. She was more interested in adding another DID case study to her aged resume.

jmo
All I can see is the juror that asked the question (who I’m sure expected a long winded explanation of some sort) jumping up with their hand raised saying “no wait, when, by what methods, what did you see that you don’t with liars.”

Jewish now. So she's adopting a world religion in order to control everyone in her small world.

I wonder which came first -- claiming her sudden Jewish heritage or realizing that Spanish Maria Sanchez wasn't gonna fly and needed a new imaginary language.

T is dangerous. A chimera. Imposter. Morphs into and out of appearances. Just smart enough to pose as an adult, a carer, a teacher, a lunatic by copying probably what she's seen on TV, but too stupid to realize how bad at it she is.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that drugs change hands in jail hidden in fruit in brown paper bags. I don't trust anything she's party to.

Jmo

Good point. She definitely made it known to Al that she had to “come up with an excuse” not to go to work so that she could stay home with him when she could have just left that part out.
I've always found that weird. If Gannon was sick, she could have told her work that. "Hey, my stepson is sick and his dad is out of state, so I have to stay home and take care of him." Happens all the time - kids get sick and someone has to stay home.

Why lie and say her stepdad was killed? IMHO MOO because she didn't want to draw attention to Gannon in any way, because she had plans to further harm him.

I remember Mr Young questioning her about her knowledge ( lack of ) about Colorado law because she seemed to think that all States should have reciprocity.

She mentioned that she knew for sure that California and Florida have reciprocity because she had testified in those states.

JMO
She testified in Maryland too:

Prosecutors already began to sow doubt about her work in Ramos’ case in hearings about legal matters.

The opinions of both psychiatrists disagree with Lewis’, as they believe Ramos was sane when he blasted his way into the Annapolis newsroom — which is owned by Baltimore Sun Media — and should be sent to prison, not a psychiatric hospital, for the rest of his life. But the documentary depicts Lewis as being no stranger to adversity.

In a pretrial pleading, prosecutors wrote Lewis said in her report that Ramos has an “autistic and delusional understanding of the world.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member