VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy - thank you ALL for all the posts that I just read... only about a 3 hour read - enjoyed them all - I know this is not a funny subject - Bless Gannon - but could not help laughing at some of your posts... needed that laugh!

And there is probably no more room in that stairwell....

Okay - off to find the final tweets to put on my court stuff! :)

I can't lie, I will be FUMING if they find her NGRI.

Sure, forensic units in mental health hospitals aren't in anyway a holiday camp. You are confined with some very very sick and poorly people and watched like a hawk. You will also have a very strict pharmaceutical course and IF found to have the illnesses that lie bag is claiming, they would pump her full of allsorts which would make her round face even rounder.

I would be so disappointed and angry though as she is outright lying, and not only would there be a chance that she could possibly be released in the future, which is a scary af thought, also the big one for me is that she would have in a sense  won y'know?

She is a heartless liar and needs to rot in a prison for what she did to that innocent boy.

Her interest began in kindergarten, when a precocious desire to understand how a human being could be so cruel led her to try to figure out Adolf Hitler. After all, she was horrified when she watched her uncle slaughter a chicken on their farm in New Jersey. In Lewis ’ memoir, Guilty by Reason of Insanity: A Psychiatrist Explores the Minds of Killers, she recalls stories of the Nazi dictator hanging over her childhood as “a source of fascination and fear.” She was the only student in her elementary school “who did not rejoice upon hearing of Hitler’s suicide. Now I could never know what made him tick. … I was convinced, even as a child, that Hitler could not have been born that way. Something had to have happened to him. No one could be born that way. I still believe that.”
Lookup Detail View
Name

Name
DOROTHY O LEWIS MD
License Information
License Information
License TypeLicense NumberExpiration DateGranted DateLicense NameLicense StatusLicensure Actions or Pending Charges
Physician/Surgeon1231907/31/202009/21/1965DOROTHY OTNOW LEWISINACTIVELAPSED DUE TO NON-RENEWALNone

Last edited:
Regarding the poll about Letecia testifying, IMO, yes she will.
She plays games and LOVES to manipulate people. In her distorted mind, she is “the star” of her show and wants all the control. MOO she doesn’t have the ability nor impulse control to not take the stand.
Except she's already said she won't be taking the stand?

Except she's already said she won't be taking the stand?
She’s also a lying liar who lies.

Edit to add: Not to mention she erratic and emotionally unstable, on top of being a lying liar who lies. Do you really think that she isn’t capable of making a dramatic, impulsive decision to change her mind?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know if , in NZ, a stepmother would be allowed to administer such a thing to a stepchild. ( love the avatar, btw, ) It seems a terrifically invasive and risky procedure on a child, by an amateur. What was the father thinking in going along with this?.. or the kids doctor? . or his mother? or, . anyone , anyone ?? Where there protocols set up where she was supervised at this procedure?.. of all the elements of this murder, this aspect is so ghastly, that poor poor kid, it defies belief, ..

Why Letetia would 'volunteer' to do it, to a child not her own, even her own , is a whole other story, found in the DSM-IV , under fetish and sadistic behaviours, I reckon.
My daughter is 54. When she was a few months old, she had constipation problems. Severe. Her pediatrician prescribed laxatives. And one day he instructed me to give her an enema. It was with a tiny bulb like thing, almost like what you clean their noses with. She did cry of course from the little bit of water pressure. But she had tremendous relief. I cried when she cried but it was NOT sadistic. Dr Allen is… well, I can’t say what she is. By the way, my daughter grew up to be well adjusted.

I will say this. When my grandson was three, he had to go to ER at a children’s hospital for impaction and they gave him an enema.

As far as an 11 year old, I would take him to an ER for impaction. She was very cruel.

Edit to add: Not to mention she erratic and emotionally unstable, on top of being a lying liar who lies. Do you really think that she isn’t capable of making a dramatic, impulsive decision to change her mind?
In this particular case however, Leticia does NOT have an unintelligent audience. I think her goose is not only cooked but burnt.

She already did!

My partner and I, much like a lot of posters here on WS, were feeling kinda bad for Dr. Lewis, like maybe the defense bamboozled her and set her up for failure because she's obviously not all there and maybe easily confused due to her age.

Well, during today's lunch break I put the HBO documenary on, and that is just how she is. She's an outright fraud and it's easy to see even in the documentary made to spin things in her favor.

This lady actually acts like Arthur Shawcross was some poor, unfortunate soul who just had a bad life. She is really grody IMO and always has been.

I think she found a niche part of psychology and started cashing in on it a long time ago. Now that decades have gone by and more is known, she's struggling to hang on to any relevance and $$$ grabs she can.
Agree.

I blame the defense attorneys for bringing this fraud into court to testify. The hurtful things she said, I can never get over. And to think how she hurt Gannons family and his memory makes me feels she should be charged with fraud.

Some defense attorneys are slime. They didn’t need her to drag down Gannon. Shame on them!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

If I were a juror, I would be pretty mad about this, having to sit in on a trial for a terrorized, brutally murdered boy, the case being clear cut and the defendant admitting to the crime, and then effectively spending weeks of my life having to listen to LS's ridiculous efforts at world spinning and bad imitations of accents, different personalities, and supposed mental illness. It's worse than a bad parody.

<modsnip - referenced post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Please vote: Will Letecia Stauch take the stand?

@EllaMinnowP :)
Thanks for creating the poll.
Judge Werner asked for her decision yesterday evening, and she said she wouldn’t take the stand. I’m not sure if she has the right to change her mind on Friday.
Regarding the poll about Letecia testifying, IMO, yes she will.
She plays games and LOVES to manipulate people. In her distorted mind, she is “the star” of her show and wants all the control. MOO she doesn’t have the ability nor impulse control to not take the stand.
Ita with your assessment of her. Before she announced her decision to not testify, I was thinking it was a strong possibility that she would. I’m relieved that she’s decided not to. This trial has been SO long already!

In this clip, #leteciastauch tells Dr. Lewis she changes persona when she is stressed out. Dr. Lewis says "a triggering event" is consistent with DID..... I am thinking if she really did have DID and stress triggered it, then the aftermath with police investigating, questioning her and disposing of poor Gannon would most certainly be triggers and she would have been bouncing between personalities right and left. Someone would have witnessed that.... needs to be brought up in closing arguments. No one saw her acting anything but flippant and self serving the entire time.

Rbbm

But can she legally do that at this stage?

Spent most of yesterday in catch up mode so thanks to everyone who posted.

SMH

Dr. Lewis should never see the inside of a courtroom in the remainder of her lifetime. What a joke. The only good that came out of it is that she sunk Tee hard and fast. Bravo!

I’m surprised, not surprised that Tee decided not to testify. She doesn’t want to answer the hard questions and after watching Dr. Lewis die on her own sword, Tee doesn’t want to put herself in that position. She is a coward after all.

I think we have a very intelligent and thoughtful Jury. I am confident they will do the right thing. By Friday evening it should be all over. Tee will be gone forever and thank goodness for that.

It’s unfortunate that Tee has taken Center stage here with her antics and creating mayhem and chaos. She is such an evil entity.

It’s time to bring Gannon back into the light. I want to remember him holding Laina’s hand and kissing her on the cheek, seeing him playing with his switch, riding his bike, Sonic The Hedgehog, the wonderful student.

I want to remember a boy that twice in his lifetime was brave and fought for his life.

Gannon will always be my hero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads