VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that Dr. Lewis said something to the effect that "This is going to go to appeal and then I will get the MRI scans" ? It was right before the prosecution asked her to stop talking and called for her comment to be stricken.

Isn't this her admitting that they were going to lose? That Leticia was going to be found guilty, hence the talk of appeal.
Yes, and it proves she wanted those scans and the defense deleted the request.

Feeling like I kind of lost my temper wednesday, just a little bit. I said I wasn’t going to watch Dr Lewis’ testimony as I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from commenting, I really dislike her and have done for some time. There are people in life who exist only to exploit others for personal gain. LS is one of these, and so is Dr Lewis IMO. She has made a career off of exploiting, misleading and outright lying. Her behaviour on the stand the last few days is not new, and certainly not due to her age.

I knew her testimony was going to make me mad and I didn’t want to end up commenting and making a fool of myself in the heat of the moment, however I didn’t know it was going to make me as angry as it did. Along with making a mockery of Gannon’s murder, psychology, mental illness she also managed to make a mockery of the court aswell. I have never, in years of following trials (my first was Casey Anthony - the less said about that the better), I have never seen anything like the testimony of Lewis.

What expert witness would have their own son sit in on an evaluation with an inmate and then when confronted with the evidence of him being there claim not to recognise their own son? Personally, I think that was the moment when it would have become clear to everyone in the court room that Lewis was a fraud. To then go on to refuse to admit that she withdrew the request for the EEG, when again confronted with the evidence that she did so. Instead of just coming clean and admitting an ‘error in judgement’ she chose to lie when confronted with the evidence and completely undermine her entire testimony. Who’s going to believe a word that comes out of her mouth when she can’t admit to making mistakes. It just ruined any credibility she had left at that point (if any) and drew parallels to LS personality wise with her refusal to admit wrongdoing when the evidence was presented to her.

All in all her testimony not only fell flat it probably hurt the defense, and her behaviour on the stand risked a mistrial being declared. If I were LS defense attorney I would not be paying Lewis after that sorry display and if I were any defense attorney I would not contact her to evaluate my client if she was the last psychiatrist on earth.

Now that’s off my chest let’s see what today holds. Justice for Gannon!
Well said. You are a good soul. I think just about everyone here was infuriated with Dr Lewis this week, you are not alone.

Yes, and it proves she wanted those scans and the defense deleted the request.
She acted so surprised when she was told the defense had withdrawn the request for those tests. But then it turned out that she was part of the decision to withdraw the request. Am I wrong about that?

I think that was when she admitted that the plan was to wait for appeal.

Week 5/Day 20
5/5/2023

This morning will start @8:30 am MT jury instructions.

Attorneys to be here at 8:30 and we will start closing

I want the attorneys here on Friday morning 8 30.

We can talk about the jury instructions and we

should be in a position that maybe what can happen is uh rest rest uh

instruction and um I will take a break before we start into the

closings.

Week 5/Day 20
5/5/2023

This morning will start @8:30 am MT jury instructions.

Attorneys to be here at 8:30 and we will start closing

I want the attorneys here on Friday morning 8 30.

We can talk about the jury instructions and we

should be in a position that maybe what can happen is uh rest rest uh

instruction and um I will take a break before we start into the

closings.
Only day 20 it feels like forever. I really feel for Landen and Al this has been bloody awful jmoo

NOW: I’m in #ColoradoSprings for what’s expected to be the final day of trial for the woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, #GannonStauch. We just walked inside the courtroom. #LeteciaStauch is wearing a blue jacket today.

Cross-examination of the defense's key witness in Letecia Stauch murder trial continues​

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — The murder trial of Letecia Stauch, the El Paso County woman accused of murdering her step-son, continued Wednesday with cross-examination of the defense's key witness.

The defense team started the day by filing a motion to drop all charges against Letecia Stauch, specifically the first-degree murder charges. Josh Tolini, Letecia's lawyer, claimed there is a lack of evidence from the prosecution proving that the murder of Gannon was premeditated by Stauch.

She acted so surprised when she was told the defense had withdrawn the request for those tests. But then it turned out that she was part of the decision to withdraw the request. Am I wrong about that?

I think that was when she admitted that the plan was to wait for appeal.
MOO I think she was surprised. But played into the hands of the defense later that was all apart of the plan to wait for an appeal.

She is the one who said, "what do you make of that, he lied"......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey