VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The judge says the plan, after finishing jury instructions, is to bring jurors in around 9 AM. Prosecutors and defense anticipate their closing arguments lasting an hour each. Those should start around 10. A lunch break will likely happen after closings, then rebuttal.

Possible timetable for today:
Jury in by 9am
Resting both sides.
Closing arguments begin around 10am.
Lunch around noonish, if possible.
Rebuttal.
Jury instructions (around 40mins).

Instructions for people in the gallery. 1. No phones 2. No phones. (except for press.) Take all your stuff if you leave (no reserving seats). If you leave during an argument, rather than a break, you won't be allowed back in. If you get too emotional, step out to avoid influencing.

Witness cam has been moved to face OUTWARD from the jury box position to show closing arguments for webex more effectively.

Recess until 9am.

https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

Judge is in the courtroom. #LeteciaStauch is too.

Jury not in the courtroom yet. Attorneys and judge going through some logistics with jury instructions.

Jury will be brought in around 9 am. Judge guessing closing arguments will start at 10ish. Closings and possibly rebuttal after lunch. Prosecution hopes to get through rebuttal before lunch. No time limit on closings. Judge guesses jury instructions will take 40 minutes.

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Back in court for what could be the final day of Letecia Stauch's trial, were we should have closing statements coming sometime soon. I'll be tweeting updates throughout the day here for the @csgazette, as well as covering the verdict whenever that comes.

Attorneys are reviewing some jury instruction stuff with Judge Werner, already a very crowded courtroom this morning.

Jury will be called in at 9, closings are going to start at "10ish" after jury instructions, with an expectation that prosecution's rebuttal may happen after lunch.

https://twitter.com/AshleyPorteeyo

The murder trial for #LeteciaStauch continues this morning. The defense is expected to rest their case, and closing arguments are expected as well. I’ll be in the courtroom bringing you the latest information throughout the day.

We've been let into the courtroom. So far it's a full gallery. Gannon's family is not here yet. Letecia Stauch's attorneys just walked into the courtroom and patted her on the shoulder.

The council is reviewing jury instructions right now. There’s been discussion about a request for instruction on evidence that wasn’t actually presented. From what I’m understanding, I believe this is about the discussed jail visit for Stauch during the beginning of the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/ColetteBordelon

NOW: I’m in #ColoradoSprings for what’s expected to be the final day of trial for the woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, #GannonStauch. We just walked inside the courtroom. #LeteciaStauch is wearing a blue jacket today.

Judge Gregory Werner just walked in, right after defense attorneys Josh Tolini and Will Cook. The entire

@4thJudicialDA
team is here too. The jury is not in the courtroom. The judge says we need to discuss jury instruction after an email he got this morning.

"Because this is a request for an instruction on evidence that wasn't actually presented," the judge doesn't think he can give one. "I know what the issue is," he says. "I can't make a stipulation, and can't tell the jury what evidence hasn't been presented.”

It sounds as though that was in relation to a request from the defense, but I could not hear what Tolini was saying to the judge. Now, clarifying verdict forms with the Lead Prosecutor and District Attorney, Michael Allen.

Going through today, I feel it's important to remember: #GannonStauch was an 11-year-old boy who lived in Lorson Ranch (southern El Paso County). He loved his little sister, was a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, and his favorite color was blue.

The judge says the plan, after finishing jury instructions, is to bring jurors in around 9 AM. Prosecutors and defense anticipate their closing arguments lasting an hour each. Those should start around 10. A lunch break will likely happen after closings, then rebuttal.

Prosecution's closing is going to be rough. Glad we are all here for each other! #JusticeForGannon
1f499.png
1f499.png
1f499.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads