VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I will be able to believe LS will not take the stand until I hear the defense say they rest and I haven't seen her up there. She has all night and all day Thursday and all night Thursday to change her mind and create a list of questions for her lawyers to ask her. She is just idiotic enough to think she, in a child like persona, can double speak answers to the prosecution and prove to the jury she is insane now as she was then. She's not above trying to pull one last fast one.
They might just up her meds.
Her defense probably keeping her sweet with talk of appeals, many appeals over many years..

I truly worry about her ability to get out, though (like that guy in Canada who chopped off a fellow traveler's head, on a bus - served a very brief sentence before he was stabilized and released on anti-psychotics).

She's a con artist and was able to charm AS and LH, well enough that they thought she'd be an okay parenting figure for their kids. She will do the same at the mental hospital.

And after a while, she'll get out. IMO. There's no determined sentence with the NGRI - she's not guilty, at that point, and when she's no longer "insane," she gets to walk. She's capable of playing that long game and being a model prisoner. IMO.

I hope both of Gannon's parents are pleased with a Guilty verdict. I really hope that's what happens.

IMO.
ITA! We’re all aghast at Dr. Lewis but IMO there are other mental health professionals who are equally gullible and some of them can and will determine which inmates are ready for release.

Not to mention how politics can also drive how inmates are handled. I watched the documentary on Billy Milligan and was shocked, not because he was released but that he later was suspected of murder.

IOW we can’t predict that Letecia would spend her life in an enclosed environment nor could we know if she would reoffend if ever released.

So in my mind the only way to ensure she’ll never harm another person - as Letecia’s, Maria, Poophead Joe or whatever pretend cartoon character she chooses - is to lock her ax in prison. MOO

One of the things that has really stuck out for me regarding the the defence, is their indifference (at best) towards Gannon. The 11 year old boy who was brutally murdered by his step mother.

There's been so much victim-blaming and oh, poor Leticia, that I'm extremely upset at their lack of acknowledgement of the suffering Gannon was put through. That he didn't deserve this happening to him.

If non-insane Leticia had loved Gannon as much as she claims, why isn't she crying, ashamed, remorseful and beside herself with grief over the loss of her step son, and the actions she committed while having her alleged psychotic break?

I truly hope that the prosecution will bring the focus back on the true victim of this heinous crime. Gannon. That poor innocent boy needs someone to speak up for him and passionately. The jury needs to be reminded that Leticia knew what she was doing before during and after the crime. All of her actions were aimed at covering up her responsibility for the murder.

Her NGRI plea is just more of her usual manipulation and lies, but with higher stakes involved.

I hope that the jury will finally find her accountable for the unforgivable acts of violence she committed.
@ZoriahNZ Thank you! Very well stated! Couldn’t agree with you more!
MOO

Justice Soon For Gannon

That was a hard days 'testimony'' to be subjected to. I've been to, and watched many a trial, all over, but I cannot recall any judge with the superhuman, almost saintly patience as Judge Werner. How he didn't rise up, fling back his robes, draw a bag of stones from his pocket and hurl them at the witness, the attorney's, the defendant, the world, I do not know. Job's example of patience would be hard put to beat the Judge.

I plan to rise up at some ungodly hour my time, in the winter, so as not to miss when the Hon. Judge gives his summing up and sentencing. I expect that to be a rivetting jurisprudential moment. Letitia's defence is abysmal, so far, it can't get worse, but they have a deeply unappealing and relentlessly offputting client, and a maimed and battered deceased stepchild, and a crazed and ridiculous proposition to put forward. Even so, they are below par.

Surely , surely , Letitia could not be under any delusion that her appearance on the stand would be of any benefit to her? Can she be that impervious to common sense?... ... well... maybe!. I get the sense that she is madly , impatiently waiting for all this blather and hoo haa to be over so she can take centre stage again , back where she belongs, right at the heart of things, with a story to tell.

Surely , surely , Letitia could not be under any delusion that her appearance on the stand would be of any benefit to her? Can she be that impervious to common sense?... ... well... maybe!. I get the sense that she is madly , impatiently waiting for all this blather and hoo haa to be over so she can take centre stage again , back where she belongs, right at the heart of things, with a story to tell.
As per a reporter who was present in the courtroom when the audio for the feed was muted, LS will NOT be testifying in her own defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper