CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5:28 here. Thought it would only take ten minutes to sign the forms. Didn’t think they needed to discuss anything.
Maybe they just want to unload about all they’ve seen or get to know one another. I’ve never served on a jury so I don’t know.
I would have said guilty as the bailiff shut our door.

They have to individually poll the jurors - for each of 5 charges. Then, the forms have to be filled out and checked by the forum (someone almost always does one little thing wrong). I would imagine the charge that they're voting on has to be read out loud, as well (common sense).

It's considered uncool in the jury room to just blurt out your opinion before the foreman is chosen and begins to moderate the serious proceeding. Judge asked them not to just sit down and take a vote (secret or otherwise). Foreman might start with one of the lesser charges (I would). Let the group warm up to the task. They have had weeks of only small talk and avoiding any topic related to the trial.

Typically, in the juries I've been on, the foreman goes around the table and has everyone give their preliminary view (out loud) on a particular charge. If it's unanimous, then call a vote (unless someone objects and wants discussion). Then have everyone fill out the papers. This has got to take at least 5-10 minutes per charge, I'd think. This counts as "discussing" the verdict and then voting, IMO.

If anyone says they want to see an exhibit or a transcript, that will take more time, for sure.

IMO.

I’m really hoping that the jurors are just kind of processing everything right now. There really is a lot to unpack

At least I really hope that’s the case

If I were a juror, I'd be way past the "processing" phase and very ready to give a verdict. If they decide to "process everything" (go over the whole story again, with questions and everyone adding details/remembering somewhat differently - they'll be there into next week, IMO).

Since they weren't allowed to speak to each other about the case, each juror must surely have spent an awful lot of time in their own heads, figuring it out, I would think.

IMO.

They have to individually poll the jurors - for each of 5 charges. Then, the forms have to be filled out and checked by the forum (someone almost always does one little thing wrong). I would imagine the charge that they're voting on has to be read out loud, as well (common sense).

It's considered uncool in the jury room to just blurt out your opinion before the foreman is chosen and begins to moderate the serious proceeding. Judge asked them not to just sit down and take a vote (secret or otherwise). Foreman might start with one of the lesser charges (I would). Let the group warm up to the task. They have had weeks of only small talk and avoiding any topic related to the trial.

Typically, in the juries I've been on, the foreman goes around the table and has everyone give their preliminary view (out loud) on a particular charge. If it's unanimous, then call a vote (unless someone objects and wants discussion). Then have everyone fill out the papers. This has got to take at least 5-10 minutes per charge, I'd think. This counts as "discussing" the verdict and then voting, IMO.

If anyone says they want to see an exhibit or a transcript, that will take more time, for sure.

IMO.
Let's just hope they don't want to see the Defense's expert's testimony.

IMO.
First I thought the judge told them to take 15 mins and choose their foreman and then they came back to court. But second, I wouldn’t try to be “cool”. I’m fairly blunt and if I think she’s guilty, I would say it. And I do,

This is the first time they can talk to each other. I expect they have plenty of steam to let off first.
Give that at least an hour. ( I would need several personally)
Then the nitty gritty with choosing the foreman, polling, discussion, paperwork etc.
They will have it by 7 pm cuz they want to go home and drink all weekend after all this horror.

Unless...that one person.....

I feel confident the jury is just going through everything.
They may even wait until Monday. They may want to look at the mountain of evidence.
They will do good for Gannon and loved ones.
Justice is coming!
Jmo.
Gentle hugs all.
I feel edgy about this. The jury knows she’s guilty. She had no defense. All they have is a paid “expert” saying she’s insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper