CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that this jury is not in agreement by now
I would put money on it that they actually are in agreement but are taking this very seriously and thoroughly going through each charge. Maybe making a hypothetical (or real) pro and con list to talk through each point.

I’ve never been so thoroughly convinced, down to the marrow of my bones, that a defendant is guilty and that a jury will return with a guilty verdict.

The jury can pick guilty, not guilty or not guilty for reason of insanity for the following charges: Murder-1st degree - after deliberation Murder-1st degree - child under 12 position of trust Tampering w/ a deceased human body Tampering w/ physical evidence

I’m going to go to bed now, I can’t stay up any longer. I’m really hoping to wake up to the news in the morning that this monster has finally been found guilty of her crimes but if it has to take until the weekend is over for that to happen, I’m sure we can wait that long.

When you think about what Landen and Al have been through, initially finding out their beloved Gannon had gone missing, over time realising that he wasn’t just a runaway or someone who had got lost, starting to feel more and more suspicion over Letecia until she was eventually arrested, then Gannon finally being found, then the years they’ve taken to get to this trial stage, one weekend isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things.

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that this jury is not in agreement by now
We don’t know if they are in agreement or not.

It’s a very serious decision and I choose to believe they are taking their responsibility very seriously.

After 7 weeks of not being able to talk about how they see things, not even with each other, maybe they just feel the need to talk it out amongst themselves.

I would be a little concerned about the optics if they only took 30 minutes ( if I was a Juror)

I wouldn’t want anyone to think I didn’t follow instructions to weigh and consider all the evidence.

This sounds kind of stupid as I type it lol.

Bottom line - I’m not worried that any of them are wanting to vote in favor of the Defense.

JMO

I wonder what the jury is doing? Going through each charge? And reviewing evidence? Discussion on testimony? I am not surprised by two hours deliberations.

Could anyone actually believe LS?!
I'm to the point now that I'm okay either way because she's going away for the rest of her life.

But, I'd love to see this latest ruse of hers fail.

It’s a very serious decision and I choose to believe they are taking their responsibility very seriously.

After 7 weeks of not being able to talk about how they see things, not even with each other, maybe they just feel the need to talk it out amongst themselves.

I would be a little concerned about the optics if they only took 30 minutes ( if I was a Juror)

I wouldn’t want anyone to think I didn’t follow instructions to weigh and consider all the evidence.

Bottom line - I’m not worried that any of them are wanting to vote in favor of the Defense.

JMO
Not stupid at all.

The juror questions through the trial say these are some really sharp people.

I think they're being thorough for sure.

JMO
I get what you mean. And as anxious as I am to hear a verdict, I agree. It should be thorough

Me neither. I’m stunned. I know which way this is going to go, but I’m just annoyed at the delayed ending.
Interesting question presented on Recovery Addict: If she is found not guilty by reason of insanity for the murder, and she is found guilty of the other charges, can she serve time for the other charges?

I'm to the point now that I'm okay either way because she's going away for the rest of her life.

But, I'd love to see this latest ruse of hers fail.
Prison is worse than a mental hospital, and I’d bet my life on her being sentenced to prison. She has no chance at the latter. I’m just impatient.

I would put money on it that they actually are in agreement but are taking this very seriously and thoroughly going through each charge. Maybe making a hypothetical (or real) pro and con list to talk through each point.

I’ve never been so thoroughly convinced, down to the marrow of my bones, that a defendant is guilty and that a jury will return with a guilty verdict.
Agreed! The jury has been engaged throughout trial and takes their civic duty seriously. There's a lot with this case, and I can't blame them at all. Honestly, glad they are not rushing to convict. moo

Reviewing the Closing:

Tolini alleged Dr. Lewis opined LS was the most 'significantly, mentally ill' subject she's ever evaluated. NOT TRUE. Lewis stated LS was the most complex subject. Words matter.

Tolini did the same with the State's mental health expert witnesses. They did not diagnose her with Borderline Personality Disorder and NPD, Each provided she had many traits but not to the degree they met the criteria for a diagnosis of BPD.

Double sneak attack. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member