CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

Jury is back. Michael Allen will present rebuttal now.

Allen: "The only fantasy in this courtroom is that this defendant, this step mother who killed Gannon has psychosis”.

Allen says they don't have to prove motive and yet they did anyway. "This defendant hated Gannon, we know that because she searched him 'I hate my stepson' she has one stepson.”

Allen says Letecia wanted to hurt Al and Landen and with Gannon's death, she "did to the core.”

Allen says Al would not have gone on his training if he had seen some problem with the defendant. "He went because she doesn't have psychosis, what he didn't know, he couldn't see into her heart, the hatred she had for Gannon."

Allen says "it's not psychosis it's all about Leteica." Allen calls it acting when she appears to be "freaked out”.

Allen: "She needed an unassailable excuse to not go to work because she knew what was going to happen that day, she knew Gannon was done that day.”

Allen says searches show you everything you need to know. "She was calculating, manipulating...why? Because it was always about her.”

Allen: "None of us in this court room has killed a child, that doesn't make it a psychotic act, that doesn't mean it's insane.”

Allen: "She wanted to kill him.”

Allen: "The brutality of it speaks to the hatred she has for Gannon and the pure determination she had to kill for Gannon.”

Allen: "This didn't start over one quick moment. This started Sunday night with a candle incident that makes no sense, according to the way she describes it to people, because she wants to make it his fault.”

Allen says Harley and Al testified that Gannon never played with candles. That it doesn't make sense.

The pictures she took of Gannon before his death. Allen: "They are proof of life pictures to show she has nothing to do before what she's about to do...a way to cover her tracks and it starts early.”

Allen: "Temporary insanity is not in our insanity statute in Colorado, that does not apply here."

"Everything this woman did in her life was to cause chaos...she's a story teller. Telling stories is not psychosis, it's who she is.”

Allen said Dr. Lewis is well known, but she's the only person they could get to say Letecia has signs of DID. "Not a single other doctor saw a shred of DID”.

Allen says anytime Dr. Lewis was pressed to justify her opinion, she couldn't do it.

Allen: "You don't have to prove cases beyond all doubt, you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Allen: ""If the crimes fit, you should convict.”

Allen: "Why do all the things she did if she didn't know what she was doing was wrong?”

Allen: "You don't stab an 11-year-old 18 times, 11 of which are on his arms and hands as he's defending himself, unless you intend to kill him."

Allen: "you don't ten retrieve a hand gun...squeeze that trigger unless you intend to kill him."

Allen: "Every single person that knew her knew she knew the difference between right and wrong.”

Allen: "She knew she could never replace the love Gannon had for Landen”.

Allen: "In every single one of these stories, she's figuring out a way to cast blame elsewhere and she's the victim, it's a very calculated move.”

Allen says what Letecia did "Shows the hatred she has for these people, the hatred she has for Gannon.”

Allen said Dr. Lewis didn't know a single thing about the case and Letecia in Feb. 2022, when she suggested Letecia change her plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.

Allen says Letecia hated Al and Landen "Why take away their little boy in the way she did and concoct the stories she did." Allen says way she killed Gannon shows hatred for him and the burning the day before shows "premeditation." Allen believes she burned him.

Allen: "Her stories and manipulations of this investigation caused it to be the biggest investigation in El Paso County history."

"Jan 27th, 2020, she murdered Gannon. This little boy deserved so much more from this defendant. He deserved protection, he deserved to live, he deserved to grow up and one day have a family of his own, she took this all away.”

Gannon's biological family is crying in the court room. Letecia has her head down.

Allen: "Gannon deserves justice...Gannon Jacob Stauch 11-years-old.”

Many who came to hear closing arguments are crying in the courtroom. Allen has now finished.

You can see the pain on Gannon's biological parents' faces as the judge now speaks to the jury before sending them to deliberate. You could hear the crying as this rebuttal wrapped up.

There are five alternates. Jurors 1-12 will go to the deliberation room. Jurors 13-17 will not be deliberating.

When judge hears there is a verdict, he will reach out to public information officers to let us know. 30 minutes later, we will hear the verdict.

Judge: "This was a long trial, it involved difficult facts. I know it was hard on the jury, I know it was hard on the families, I know it was hard on the lawyers.”

Judge says there is so much evidence it takes 20 minutes to bring it out of the court room every day.

Judge said this case could have been made so much worse by bad lawyer behavior. He appreciates the professionalism.

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Michael Allen is handling rebuttal for the prosecution. He is opening by pointing out that rebuttal isn't required to convict under Colorado law.

Allen added that there is motive "She hated Gannon," Allen said.

“She doesn’t have psychosis,” Allen said. “He (Al Stauch) couldn't’ see into her heart, the hatred she had for Gannon… He didn’t know.”

“Does the brutality itself prove psychosis from the defendant," Allen asked the jury., referencing the claim from Tolini. “The brutality speaks to the abject hatred she had for Gannon, and the pure determination she had to kill Gannon.”

"Everything this woman did in her life was manipulation, to cause chaos, and make her the victim," Allen said. “That’s who she is, she’s a story teller. Telling stories is not a sign of psychosis, it’s who she is.”

“Every person who knew her (Stauch) knew she knew right from wrong,” Allen said.

"These people would have noticed it if something was wrong with her," Allen added.

Allen just alleged that maybe the reason Stauch hated Gannon so much was because of how much he loved his mother: “She knew she could never replace the love Gannon had for Landen (Gannon’s mother),” Allen said.

Allen outlining how all of Stauch's lies about what happened to Gannon is "everyone else's fault, and makes her the victim."
Some of the people the prosecution claims Stauch blamed include: Gannon Quincy Brown "The pregnant lady with a cash baby" "Uncle Matt" Landen Al Stauch

During most of the closings Stauch has been looking straight down at the defense's table, as she has for many points of this trial.

“Her (Stauch) manipulations caused this to be the biggest investigation in El Paso County history,” Allen said.

“This little boy deserved so much more out of this defendant,” Allen said. “He deserved protection… he deserved to grow up one day and become a man and have a family of his own. She took that away from him.”

The prosecution is ending its rebuttal by playing the audio from Stauch's 911 call to report Gannon missing on Jan. 27.
"Who was the last person to see him (Gannon)," the operator asks. "Uhh. I guess me?" Stauch can he heard responding.

"Gannon deserves it, he deserves all of the justice you can give him," Allen said to end the prosecution's rebuttal.

12 jurors have been sent back to begin deliberation.

Court will be giving a 30-minute heads up via twitter when the verdict is ready.

I feel as if many of us are, in some sense, "alternate" jurors.

Love and many thanks to all of you, especially @Seattle1, @@Airelilane, the tireless @IAMShadow23, @Megnut, @Warwick and SO many others. Those of you who joined Websleuths mostly because of this case - you have been a faithful crew and there are so many of you.

I know I've missed some special names (@Love Never Fails - you always lift my spirits; @Smelly Squirrel - just your name helps bring a little levity; @MsMarple - always so perceptive; @Gardenista - another fine and intuitive observer; @kittythehare - you are as quick as your name!)

I know there are lots of people I left out - but all of you have helped me stay up day-to-day with this trial.

It's the first full trial I've followed since the initial missing person's thread until now. I joined for the Mackenzie Lueck case in 2019 and that never went to trial (killer got LWOP). I watched the Murdaugh trial, but no emotional investment as with this one. I wanted to watch Barry Morphew on trial (thwarted).
Everything you said, swapping out my name for yours in the thank yous. This thread has been a joy and a comfort. Like the courtroom, it could have been a circus or a school playground, and it hasn't been. It's been such a supportive, clever, witty, deeply emotional bunch here, and a privilege to follow the trial with, my first trial. We haven't always agreed with each other but there's been an overwhelming tone of respect in all of the interactions I've been part of and witnessed. And, first and foremost, I don't think we ever lost sight of what this was all about. Gannon. Gannon, and those who truly cared about him. <3

MOO

My heart goes out to Gannon’s family, I just can’t imagine how hard this trial must have been on them. I hope they find comfort in knowing how much love complete strangers have for Gannon and how badly we all want Justice for him.

I feel as if many of us are, in some sense, "alternate" jurors.

Love and many thanks to all of you, especially @Seattle1, @Airelilane, the tireless @iamShadow2a, @Megnut, @Warwick and SO many others. Those of you who joined Websleuths mostly because of this case - you have been a faithful crew and there are so many of you.

I know I've missed some special names (@Love Never Fails - you always lift my spirits; @Smelly Squirrel - just your name helps bring a little levity; @MsMarple - always so perceptive; @Gardenista - another fine and intuitive observer; @kittythehare - you are as quick as your name!)

I know there are lots of people I left out - but all of you have helped me stay up day-to-day with this trial.

It's the first full trial I've followed since the initial missing person's thread until now. I joined for the Mackenzie Lueck case in 2019 and that never went to trial (killer got LWOP). I watched the Murdaugh trial, but no emotional investment as with this one. I wanted to watch Barry Morphew on trial (thwarted).
And back at you @10ofRods... #gratitude, #respect. :cool:

Just now tapping in for the first time today. I see it’s going on local time 2pm ish there. Might they deliberate later into Friday evening, or even wait till after the weekend, just for the look of the thing?

I suppose I would want to be out of there, past the reporters and home to my family.

Post in thread 'CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67' VERDICT WATCH - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

I was just replying to you @Ontario Mom, and the thread closed!.

I did too, I appreciated the point he was making. I don't understand all the posts saying wrap it up, and we've already heard this. To my mind, I think that was an excellent closing, he systematically bulldozed over all Tolini's closing garbage, personalised Gannon and his family, provided motive. He hit it all home, and I was happy to listen to every word.

We aren't here for entertainment, he had one chance to get it right and absolutely believe he did. JMO

I have to say that the ONE thing I'd want, if I were AS or LH, is to know the truth. To know exactly what happened, to have all the pieces put in place.

That sure wasn't going to happen if T. had anything to do with. So the State put together an amazing story board of evidence.

For me, this trial would have been cathartic and allowed me to move on to other stages of grieving. I would know that my grief and hatred of T. were justified. If I were AS, I'd know that this woman hoodwinked a passel of people in her lifetime and that other people have also been hoodwinked by BPD/Narc people (which is what I think T. is, she has no core, she's a leach and an identity vampire; many of us have had one or two of these in our lives - no one expects murder of a child).

I hope that Al and Landen find a small comfort in this process and that when Justice comes, they will have some cause to feel a bit of joy or at least, retribution. T. did not want to go to prison. She was thinking about it just after the jury left the room. Her "American Dream" lifestyle (which she probably still believes she deserves) - gone forever. Her own daughter is gone from her, forever. No one will visit her who cares about her. It's not enough of a punishment, of course.

But it's the best our society can offer. Justice for Gannon - today, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields