CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that they aren't buying into Dr Lewis' "reputation" of having a TV show, interviewing serial murderers blah blah, as if she is credible

I keep reminding myself that they watched the same scatty testimony that we did. They saw the same bad acting videos that we did.

I pray they're just taking their jobs seriously and are being thorough.

She looks so smug, I can’t. If she is found NGRI I don’t know if I’ll have any faith in a jury ever again. I honestly thought Lewis’ testimony would have been what sealed the deal for them that T is a liar and manipulator. Do they honestly believe in Maria? Maybe they will be hung and my heart can’t take it.

https://twitter.com/AshleyPorteeyo

The jurors in the murder trial for Letecia Stauch have asked for a list of exhibits admitted as evidence in the trial, to which the council said they will be able to get.

The jurors also asked for a preliminary report and final report from Dr. Dorothy Lewis, to which the council said jurors will not be able to get. The council said they will not be able to give that report because expert reports are not introduced as evidence.

Not sure I like 2nd question

Yeah, me neither. It sounds as if they are hoping to allow the experts to decide this for them, somehow. What I imagine in my head are two sides (or one person vs 11) taking the view that Dr L actually said T is insane. If she did say T was insane, in writing, they might have wanted to use that as evidence.

Yikes. Fortunately, they have to base this on her testimony. Good luck with that. Yikes again.

IMO.

Yeah, me neither. It sounds as if they are hoping to allow the experts to decide this for them, somehow. What I imagine in my head are two sides (or one person vs 11) taking the view that Dr L actually said T is insane. If she did say T was insane, in writing, they might have wanted to use that as evidence.

Yikes. Fortunately, they have to base this on her testimony. Good luck with that. Yikes again.

IMO.
"Good luck with that." I know this isn't a funny situation, but that made me guffaw. Her testimony was a nightmare, and I only "listened" to it while it played in the background at work.

I have to admit I'm VERY nervous!

Right there with you! I wasn't feeling too bad when we left off Friday, but now I'm starting to wonder. I can almost see some juror(s) that gets hung up on thinking that someone has to be insane to commit such a heinous act, and have a hard time being swayed otherwise. Hopefully that is not the case and they are just being ultra-thorough!

She looks so smug, I can’t. If she is found NGRI I don’t know if I’ll have any faith in a jury ever again. I honestly thought Lewis’ testimony would have been what sealed the deal for them that T is a liar and manipulator. Do they honestly believe in Maria? Maybe they will be hung and my heart can’t take it.

I try to remember this is just one jury - and in a system (CO) that has some strange twists and turns.

And I also try to remember the hundreds and hundreds of times that we, here on WS, have said things like 'Letecia is nuts; Letecia is crazy' Letecia is insane). Most of the time, the person saying that (I have said it) also includes, "but NOT in the legal sense."

However, in this case, all that matters is the Jury's view on what insanity is (however they come to it).

So, more nail-biting or pacing around for us. I'm going to do a little pacing. Wish I could stay home from work. Sigh.

IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members