GUILTY CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard Tolini tell Court TV that she's still in EPCJ, and as the most hated inmate in Colorado, I also wondered if Colorado DOC would trade her out (interstate her) as they did with Chris Watts.

We know that Wisconsin DOC is receptive but I have no idea about their capacity for female inmates.
They need to stick her where the sun doesn’t shine- far away from beach air.
Alaska, maybe?
Just kidding kind of.

Here’s her next stop:

I hope if they are driving her up to Denver today that she is deathly afraid of hailstorms because that the forecast for today. DIA has already canceled over 50 flights.

I hope it makes her even more miserable about being stuck in my beautiful state that she never appreciated.
JMO

Where she’ll be processed:

DC34E6AD-8F10-44A2-AD44-F89B3215A632.jpeg

I think you're right. She's too self-obsessed to have a change of heart for the better.

She'll be like a mafia "don" in prison--and at some point, she'll convince an inmate who's about to get out to do some revenge dirty work for her.

I hope not, but I can see her doing something like that.
Respectfully BBM: yea, what heart? MOO

Alaska, maybe?
Just kidding kind of.

Here’s her next stop:

I hope if they are driving her up to Denver today that she is deathly afraid of hailstorms because that the forecast for today. DIA has already canceled over 50 flights.

I hope it makes her even more miserable about being stuck in my beautiful state that she never appreciated.
JMO

View attachment 421274
Would we see a new booking photo for her when she is transferred to this facility?
Or
Would it not be until they have determined where she will be housed long term?
I REALLY, REALLY hope they make her cut her nasty hair hiding tent.

In general, I am anti death penalty, and when I do find it appropriate it's more about the punishment of being on death row with fewer privileges than the general population in prison. For this defendant I would make an exception to my normal stance.

With Judge Werner stating that she deserved the maximum penalty the law would allow, I wonder if he would have imposed a death sentence, had it been on the table.

Gannon’s young life inspired me more than any grown person ever has. Doesn’t matter how many degrees or how you look it’s about love and kindness, imo.

Gannon’s spirit spoke strong throughout his life and at the time of his passing. He loved and laughed and cried and lived life in the present unconditionally. His heart pure. Gannon will always remain in my heart.

I never met Gannon; however, it wasn’t necessary to meet Gannon. His spirit is the light and love of energy which is all that is needed to love him.

He guided everyone’s way to justice, and put a rainbow on it for his family.

Cracks in everything is how the light shines through. Believe - there is always light after the darkness.

1683744089952.png

Would we see a new booking photo for her when she is transferred to this facility?
Or
Would it not be until they have determined where she will be housed long term?
I REALLY, REALLY hope they make her cut her nasty hair hiding tent.
If they don't cut it you can rest in comfort knowing that IT WILL GET PULLED

I noticed when Al is sobbing and says “ why couldn’t you just let him be a Mama’s boy” that she furrows her brow and acts like she is thinking “ what? That’s ridiculous “.
She wanted to laugh imo.

Despicable.
She did the same thing when Al talked about how terribly she treated HH and how he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to save any part of their relationship.

She scoffed and furrowed her brow again.

They’re the only times she showed any sort of emotion. Sometimes I wonder what she’d have said had it been just Al and LH there, and I’m so glad they’ll never have to find out.

They got to say everything they needed to say, and she could say nothing in return. Finally.

I just heard Tolini tell Court TV that she's still in EPCJ, and as the most hated inmate in Colorado, I also wondered if Colorado DOC would trade her out (interstate her) as they did with Chris Watts.

We know that Wisconsin DOC is receptive but I have no idea about their capacity for female inmates.
Quoting my own message to add I recall locals from Mississippi citing how their state prisons rank the worst in the US. Miss should really be at the top of the interstate list!

In general, I am anti death penalty, and when I do find it appropriate it's more about the punishment of being on death row with fewer privileges than the general population in prison. For this defendant I would make an exception to my normal stance.

With Judge Werner stating that she deserved the maximum penalty the law would allow, I wonder if he would have imposed a death sentence, had it been on the table.
I'm in the UK, where of course we don't have the DP. From what I see of the DP in the US it means years and years of attention (which people like LS thrive on) by lawyers and the courts, as the full round of appeal upon appeal goes on. This sounds like a never-ending torture for Al and Landen, and all others closely involved, to me. It would be 'all about LS' and nothing much to do with Gannon.

I'm in the UK, where of course we don't have the DP. From what I see of the DP in the US it means years and years of attention (which people like LS thrive on) by lawyers and the courts, as the full round of appeal upon appeal goes on. This sounds like a never-ending torture for Al and Landen, and all others closely involved, to me. It would be 'all about LS' and nothing much to do with Gannon.
^^rsbm

No on all accounts. First, the death penalty in Colorado was abolished in 2020. Second, the state's last execution was 20+ years earlier in 1997, and third, it was the jurors, not the Judge, responsible for imposing death as the penalty. And juries stopped imposing death.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/colorado-becomes-22nd-state-to-abolish-death-penalty

I think the DP has to be voted on by a jury. It's not up to a judge to decide even when the state asks for it. Given that the DP is no longer a punishment in Colorado (even though LS could have qualified for it by a few months) I can see why the state didn't ask for it. The governor would likely have commuted it to LWOP anyway even if it had been imposed. And a DP trial would have been much more expensive.
JMO

Quoting my own message to add I recall locals from Mississippi citing how their state prisons rank the worst in the US. Miss should really be at the top of the interstate list!

Ohhhh, I hope they have room for her there!:D

Alaska, maybe?
Just kidding kind of.

Here’s her next stop:

JMO

View attachment 421274
Safety for the others driving her there, but not for her or the other one living there, Barry. Several hits in the head with hail seems fitting.

^^rsbm

No on all accounts. First, the death penalty in Colorado was abolished in 2020. Second, the state's last execution was 20+ years earlier in 1997, and third, it was the jurors, not the Judge, responsible for imposing death as the penalty. And juries stopped imposing death.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/colorado-becomes-22nd-state-to-abolish-death-penalty
I know this is the case, I was just wondering out loud since he used the words "maximum penalty."

There was a slight possibility that she could've been tried under the death penalty since the crime occurred before it was abolished. That would have meant nothing though because, as you stated, prisoners on death row were not actually being executed in CO for decades.

Just musing on the what ifs. But as a previous poster stated, it would have dragged the nightmare out for Gannon's family. On their account I'm glad that didn't happen.

March 11, 2020

March 12, 2020

Prosecutors not ruling out possible death penalty case against Letecia Stauch

The woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson made her first appearance in court Wednesday afternoon and was advised of the charges against her for the presumed death of Gannon Stauch. Prosecutors announced they have not ruled out the possibility of pursuing the death penalty in this case. The death penalty repeal measure passed recently will apply to those charged on or after July 1, 2020.

^^rsbm

I was wondering, is it abolished for all time? I mean, couldn't she still be held over for the death penalty because the actual murder happened before it was abolished??
I just don't know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member