GUILTY CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the explanation! I understand the process, I’m having trouble understanding *her* process. I don’t watch her channel- does she typically post interviews with convicted killers as her YouTube offerings? I watch other channels which do nothing but post LE interviews, usually with retired LE and licensed psychologists, forensic investigators etc. contributing commentary. No crime scene or autopsy photos though.

Is that what Zav Girl typically offers? Is she a professional of some sort? I don’t want to go visit her other videos to check since I don’t want to provide her with clicks.

It sounds like she’s saying the autopsy photos were a “bonus” that came along with the files and she saw an opportunity to charge people who wish to view Gannon’s decomposed body. Not for scientific or educational purposes as she claims but rather ghoulish curiosity.

It would have been quite simple to omit the photos IMO. It’s going to take a lot to convince me she ever considered the moral implications.

Sorry, I never heard of her before Tuesday and don't know her history. Actually, I don't follow any social media creators. However, I did read the transcript of her apology video posted early on 7/14, and/or before The Gazette reported on it.

IMO, the creator produced something she knew her followers would purchase. I think that's the purpose of the Patreon account, and her viewers obviously knew what they were paying to see. Reminds me of individuals that are excited to watch beheadings and other unthinkable acts. JMO

(KKTV) - The Colorado woman found guilty of murdering her stepson was incarcerated in Kansas as of Monday morning.
It isn’t clear why or when Letecia Stauch was moved from a Colorado prison, but the Colorado Department of Corrections confirms Letecia Stauch was incarcerated in Kansas last time this article was updated at 10:45 a.m. Letecia tried to plead not guilty by reason of insanity for the death of Gannon Stauch, but she was sentenced to life in prison earlier this year for the unthinkable crime.

KKTV 11 News is working to learn what facility Letecia is being held in. According to the Kansas Department of Corrections, there is only one facility for adult females and that is the Topeka Correctional Facility. As of 11:05 a.m., Letecia was not in their system.

[…]

Is Kansas cheaper?

I have no idea but my post was not intended to imply a financial burden.

Several states including Colorado have compact agreements with other states to exchange inmates for a variety of reasons. A high-profile inmate such as LS whose case is well known in the State and DOC can be difficult to protect while also putting the lives of prison staff and other inmates at risk. Sometimes health factors and/or gang territories are cited as a factor for the transfer. But I've never heard cost$ cited as the reason to transfer an inmate.

I have no idea but my post was not intended to imply a financial burden.

Several states including Colorado have compact agreements with other states to exchange inmates for a variety of reasons. A high-profile inmate such as LS whose case is well known in the State and DOC can be difficult to protect while also putting the lives of prison staff and other inmates at risk. Sometimes health factors and/or gang territories are cited as a factor for the transfer. But I've never heard cost$ cited as the reason to transfer an inmate.
We also know LS has been violent to guards and made multiple escape attempts. Moving her around might circumvent anything brewing in that direction.

MOO

August 21, 2023 update

[…]

Skinner said the CDOC uses interstate transfers on a regular basis to manage its population and for safety and security reasons. The facility Letecia was moved to was not released.

[…]

August 21, 2023 update

[…]

Skinner said the CDOC uses interstate transfers on a regular basis to manage its population and for safety and security reasons. The facility Letecia was moved to was not released.

[…]
This seems to be a common occurrence in Colorado. James Holmes, for example, was transferred to an undisclosed out of state prison. It wasn’t revealed to the public — including his victims — which state he’d been transferred to for nearly two years.

In 2015, a jury convicted James Holmes of carrying out the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting rampage. The same jury then sentenced him to life in prison for killing 12 people and wounding dozens of others during the massacre.

Not long after that, however, Holmes effectively disappeared. His location was not publicly known for nearly two years after officials transferred him to a prison outside Colorado and refused to say where he was being held, which angered survivors of the attack and prosecutors alike.

This seems to be a common occurrence in Colorado. James Holmes, for example, was transferred to an undisclosed out of state prison. It wasn’t revealed to the public — including his victims — which state he’d been transferred to for nearly two years.

In 2015, a jury convicted James Holmes of carrying out the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting rampage. The same jury then sentenced him to life in prison for killing 12 people and wounding dozens of others during the massacre.

Not long after that, however, Holmes effectively disappeared. His location was not publicly known for nearly two years after officials transferred him to a prison outside Colorado and refused to say where he was being held, which angered survivors of the attack and prosecutors alike.
I wonder if she's been marked 'kill on sight'. Murder is far less common in women's prisons than men's, but it still happens.

My other suspicion would be she's been hooking in with some kind of illegal activity - drugs, contraband, escape plans. But then I would expect to see charges.

MOO

In 2018 Chris Watts was sentenced in Colorado to 5 life sentences without possibility of parole. One month later he was transferred to a Wisconsin prison.

This article has a good explainer of the process.

[…]

When there is a transfer, it's an inmate for an inmate under the Interstate Corrections Compact.

Inmates may be transferred between states or the federal prison system under the Interstate Corrections Compact due to safety and security concerns associated with housing an inmate within a specific state, according to the Wisconsin DOC.

Inmates considered for transfer under the compact generally include inmates whose presence in that state's correctional facilities pose a significant safety or security concern.

Examples may include those who have committed especially infamous or heinous crimes, former law enforcement or correctional officers, high-ranking gang leaders, extremely dangerous inmates, inmates who have been involved in a facility disturbance, or inmates who pose a significant escape risk.

It is up to the state where the inmate is originally convicted and confined to make the decision to send an inmate out of state. They are responsible for transporting the inmate to the state where they will be housed, as well as returning them to the originating state for court dates, etc. Wisconsin uses contracted inmate transportation vendors to transport Wisconsin inmates between states. Transportation decisions regarding specific inmates are based on an assessment of the inmate's security risk, medical condition, and other factors.

[…]

NBC15 Investigates called the Colorado Department of Corrections for confirmation of Watts' transfer and location in Wisconsin, however, the Colorado DOC could not confirm the details specific to Watts. The reason the Colorado DOC could not confirm how Watts got to Wisconsin was for safety reasons. The spokesperson said when transferring inmates, it's a very dangerous time for the DOC because the inmate is outside the safety of the perimeter.

[…]

In 2018 Chris Watts was sentenced in Colorado to 5 life sentences without possibility of parole. One month later he was transferred to a Wisconsin prison.

This article has a good explainer of the process.

[…]

When there is a transfer, it's an inmate for an inmate under the Interstate Corrections Compact.

Inmates may be transferred between states or the federal prison system under the Interstate Corrections Compact due to safety and security concerns associated with housing an inmate within a specific state, according to the Wisconsin DOC.

Inmates considered for transfer under the compact generally include inmates whose presence in that state's correctional facilities pose a significant safety or security concern.

Examples may include those who have committed especially infamous or heinous crimes, former law enforcement or correctional officers, high-ranking gang leaders, extremely dangerous inmates, inmates who have been involved in a facility disturbance, or inmates who pose a significant escape risk.

It is up to the state where the inmate is originally convicted and confined to make the decision to send an inmate out of state. They are responsible for transporting the inmate to the state where they will be housed, as well as returning them to the originating state for court dates, etc. Wisconsin uses contracted inmate transportation vendors to transport Wisconsin inmates between states. Transportation decisions regarding specific inmates are based on an assessment of the inmate's security risk, medical condition, and other factors.

[…]

NBC15 Investigates called the Colorado Department of Corrections for confirmation of Watts' transfer and location in Wisconsin, however, the Colorado DOC could not confirm the details specific to Watts. The reason the Colorado DOC could not confirm how Watts got to Wisconsin was for safety reasons. The spokesperson said when transferring inmates, it's a very dangerous time for the DOC because the inmate is outside the safety of the perimeter.

[…]

So LS hits most of those criteria. Heinous crime, extremely dangerous, facility disturbance, and escape risk. She's not LE, and she wasn't into drugs or gangs BEFORE incarceration, but who knows what allegiances or bad habits she's picked up since then.

MOO

Speaking of escape risk, which state was she in when she tried to take out the transport team with a can of Monster? Was it Kansas? It's been so long, I've forgotten, and US states aren't my strong point.

MOO

Speaking of escape risk, which state was she in when she tried to take out the transport team with a can of Monster? Was it Kansas? It's been so long, I've forgotten, and US states aren't my strong point.

MOO
Yes it was Kansas.

[…]

On Friday, jurors were shown a roughly 20-minute video of an incident involving Stauch, which they referred to as an escape attempt that happened on I-70 in Kansas as they traveled an estimated 75 mph. They were in an unmarked van.
"Ms. Stauch was already suspected of murder, and she assaulted a deputy who was armed and attempted to obtain her firearm," said Jessica Bethel, who was a detective with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back