CO CO - Glendale, HispMale UP11476, 25-30, false ID, in vacant apartment, Feb'98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don't understand what they mean with no facial hair....did he shave his mustache, eyebrows and beginning beard off before he died....doesn't seem logical to me. I guess they mean no facial hair (cheeks etc.) besides the obvious hair.

He looks very Caribbean to me. As a general rule, one can state that the Caribbean culture is predominantly a mixture of Afro European, namely African and Spanish, English, French, Dutch, Portuguese.

Hi Bit of Hope--there were also First Nations tribes in the Caribbean as well, such as the Taíno, Carib, and the Guanahatabey. Although their numbers were greatly reduced by disease and depredation, they did intermarry with African and Europeans.

There doesn't seem to be any common thread throughout his aliases. Perez, Costa-Laso, and possibly Sanchez. I keep thinking about the OWL tattoo. Could OWL be his initials or part of his name? Something meaningful to him, like first initials of his kids' names or something?

For instance if his full name was something like Oscar Wilfredo Laso or he had the first name Oswaldo that might make sense. If my full name was Caitlin Ann Thompson or if my first name was Catherine I might get a large prominent tattoo like that but I wouldn't be so inclined to have a cat with CAT written above it if my name was Stephanie or Laura.

Hi Bit of Hope--there were also First Nations tribes in the Caribbean as well, such as the Taíno, Carib, and the Guanahatabey. Although their numbers were greatly reduced by disease and depredation, they did intermarry with African and Europeans.

Thank you, good to know...

Can somebody help me out with this?

11ee1968-98a3-42b9-a5ba-525f464474be-jpeg.223979

Pine Lodge CC (correctional center???) exists and was in Medical Lake in Washington, but it was for women only as far as I understood. I opened in 1979 and closed in 2010 and was a MI-2 facility (MI2 Minimum 2 - a custody designation - Offender may be placed in any Security Level 2 (Camp) or higher) Or is there another Pine Lodge CC?

What does S. Franco mean? Is this a name, a county, a city, an abbreviation for San Frencesco, something else?

Pine Lodge CC (correctional center???) exists and was in Medical Lake in Washington, but it was for women only as far as I understood. I opened in 1979 and closed in 2010 and was a MI-2 facility (MI2 Minimum 2 - a custody designation - Offender may be placed in any Security Level 2 (Camp) or higher) Or is there another Pine Lodge CC?

What does S. Franco mean? Is this a name, a county, as city?

S Franco is the name of the person in the picture. It's his mugshot.

What does S. Franco mean? Is this a name, a county, a city, an abbreviation for San Frencesco, something else?

Sorry for nagging....but why is his mugshot made in a correctional center for women? Remember the very vague remark about "no facial hair"? Could this be a description prompted by trans-phobia...he wanting to present himself as a woman?

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be any common thread throughout his aliases. Perez, Costa-Laso, and possibly Sanchez. I keep thinking about the OWL tattoo. Could OWL be his initials or part of his name? Something meaningful to him, like first initials of his kids' names or something?

For instance if his full name was something like Oscar Wilfredo Laso or he had the first name Oswaldo that might make sense. If my full name was Caitlin Ann Thompson or if my first name was Catherine I might get a large prominent tattoo like that but I wouldn't be so inclined to have a cat with CAT written above it if my name was Stephanie or Laura.
That seems like a good possibility for the tattoo!! Good thinkin’.

For some reason I didn’t see new posts on this thread until now. :confused:

S. Franco is the name he was using at that time. The number under it would have typically been his “inmate number”. Then number under that could be his date of birth or the date the photo was taken. Seems like I recall it was mostly usually the date the photo was taken. And it’s hard to tell if those last two are “6” or “8”, but my guess is some sequence of the two. “5 7 86” (May 7, 1986) is my best guess.

I had searched before about the Pine Lodge CC (Correctional Center) and came with the same women’s facility. That’s about all I found on it. But, upthread looks like Blurgle found a little more on it’s history....(in response to my post)

According to a forum post that quotes a now-missing page from the Washington Department of Corrections website, Pine Lodge started in 1979 as a correctional facility for men. It didn't become co-ed until 1992, or all-female until 2004.

So those dates of it being co-ed line up with the date in the photo. Either 88 or 86. I don’t think it’s 68 or 66, FWIW.

I think I made a comment about the lack of facial hair on one of his photos, but I corrected myself after I looked at the photo on my computer rather than my phone. I could see it then. Go figure. If that’s the comment you’re referring to. ;)

Hope this helps and I didn’t confuse things. :D

For some reason I didn’t see new posts on this thread until now. :confused:

S. Franco is the name he was using at that time. The number under it would have typically been his “inmate number”. Then number under that could be his date of birth or the date the photo was taken. Seems like I recall it was mostly usually the date the photo was taken. And it’s hard to tell if those last two are “6” or “8”, but my guess is some sequence of the two. “5 7 86” (May 7, 1986) is my best guess.

I had searched before about the Pine Lodge CC (Correctional Center) and came with the same women’s facility. That’s about all I found on it. But, upthread looks like Blurgle found a little more on it’s history....(in response to my post)

According to a forum post that quotes a now-missing page from the Washington Department of Corrections website, Pine Lodge started in 1979 as a correctional facility for men. It didn't become co-ed until 1992, or all-female until 2004.

So those dates of it being co-ed line up with the date in the photo. Either 88 or 86. I don’t think it’s 68 or 66, FWIW.

I think I made a comment about the lack of facial hair on one of his photos, but I corrected myself after I looked at the photo on my computer rather than my phone. I could see it then. Go figure. If that’s the comment you’re referring to. ;)

Hope this helps and I didn’t confuse things. :D

Thanks Mad, a least we solved my nagging question about the women's CC

The person at the coroner's office I spoke to was able to confirm that the cause of death was a drug overdose with no foul play involved. There is no evidence that someone else was in the apartment with him at the time. It is believed that he was homeless and 'squatting' in the apartment when he died, but no one at the apartment could provide information on him. The TXDPS number on the ID card belonged to someone who reported their wallet had been stolen and it is thought that the victim could have used this person's name at one point as well. He provided names of his possible parents in one of his earlier arrests but these names have not been verified.

Investigators search for identities of thousands of unknown dead - Sentinel Colorado

Most older remains have since been buried or cremated, according to Ortiz <Elizabeth Ortiz, medicolegal death investigator with the coroner’s office>

Among those is the body of a Glendale man found among “large amounts of cash” and drug paraphernalia in February 1998, according to a summary on NamUs. The man, who was found with several fake identification cards, was eventually cremated, which has proved problematic for Ortiz’s ongoing investigation of the fatal drug overdose, she said. Doe had 132 nanograms of heroin per milliliter of blood in his body when he died, according to an autopsy report.

“Knowing what we know now, he would have been buried and we would have exhumed him … I honestly don’t know why we cremated him,” she said. “Now, we would not cremate a John or Jane Doe just because of the advances in DNA.”

The case garnered attention shortly after Doe’s body was discovered because a Glendale police officer who investigated the scene was accused of stealing the cash on the premises, according to reporting from the time published in the Rocky Mountain News.

According to unidentified Wiki he was also involved in drug trafficking. Diego Perez

Last edited:
IMO He could have been injected by a rival....making it look like an OD. BTW if anybody can dig up this particular news outlet from the Rocky Mountain News...I would love to see it. I searched for it but I couldn't find it. Maybe somebody else has more luck.

Edit to add 2 times.

Last edited:
IMO He could have been injected by a rival....making it look like an OD.
A drug dealer may have visited him while he was staying in the apartment, that’s what I think at least considering the cash, indicating that he had it prepared to buy something.

The case garnered attention shortly after Doe’s body was discovered because a Glendale police officer who investigated the scene was accused of stealing the cash on the premises, according to reporting from the time published in the Rocky Mountain News.

You would think that the deceased person was the only thing the officer would have cared about, not the money.

A drug dealer may have visited him while he was staying in the apartment, that’s what I think at least considering the cash, indicating that he had it prepared to buy something.

Totally the other way around IMO, he delivered and got the cash.

You would think that the deceased person was the only thing the officer would have cared about, not the money.

Money is an evil thing...especially if you are short of it. But yes, totally agree. To serve and to protect.....

Can somebody explain this to me in plain English
"Doe had 132 nanograms of heroin per milliliter of blood in his body when he died, according to an autopsy report".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmoran4
Back