CO CO - Glendale, HispMale UP11476, 25-30, false ID, in vacant apartment, Feb'98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jay kind of looks like him In the first photo. His nose and lips. The thing is this guy is def Latino and Calvin is not.
It’s a bit frustrating. I have my doubts we are going to find him in American missing persons
I keep coming back to Darrel. I’m telling ya, this one drives me crazy. :confused: I do agree that he’s probably predominantly Latino. I see the photo of him with long hair and the “tooth” necklace, and I see something other than Latin. I’m not sure what though. Then the photo on the TX DL, I see something totally different. I know it’s the same person but I can see how he got away with using different names and DOBs. Looks like he changed his appearance often.

Ahh! You’re right, this one is frustrating!!

Yeah I don’t know Darryls nose and features look different to me.
I came across this guy not sure. But thought I would post. This guy does not have a lot of info though.
Case File 1401DMMX

AEMoreno.jpg

Abel Ernesto Moreno
Missing since 1980 from Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Black hair; dark brown eyes.

The Doe Network: Case File 1401DMMX

Yeah I don’t know Darryls nose and features look different to me.
I came across this guy not sure. But thought I would post. This guy does not have a lot of info though.
Case File 1401DMMX

AEMoreno.jpg

Abel Ernesto Moreno
Missing since 1980 from Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Black hair; dark brown eyes.

The Doe Network: Case File 1401DMMX
I think..........nope, I don’t know what I think! :D

The brows?
Eta: photos

Attachments

• BDC1D5B6-80EC-46AD-9CC4-1CBF5BB8017B.jpeg
    BDC1D5B6-80EC-46AD-9CC4-1CBF5BB8017B.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 3EFE0EF9-8675-4548-9F9D-B0E5F70FEA73.jpeg
    3EFE0EF9-8675-4548-9F9D-B0E5F70FEA73.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4
I really don't understand what they mean with no facial hair....did he shave his mustache, eyebrows and beginning beard off before he died....doesn't seem logical to me. I guess they mean no facial hair (cheeks etc.) besides the obvious hair.

He looks very Caribbean to me. As a general rule, one can state that the Caribbean culture is predominantly a mixture of Afro European, namely African and Spanish, English, French, Dutch, Portuguese.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like he overdosed in the presence of others, and whoever was with him panicked and fled.

Possible, but we don't know if the drug paraphernalia were his and what kind. No skin crafts or puncture wholes mentioned f.i. No toxicology report mentioned....no cause of death.

My hyppothesis is enforced disappearance.

In such case, when a family reports their love one to LE, not only LE refuses to take the report, but also, they put the family in harm ways by harassing, threatening them of jail, being disappeared too...

Mexico has a long history with the enforced disappearances dating back in the 70's-80's, and is a country with this still current very issue.

Migrants are actually at high-risk of enforced disappearance: Human Rights Documents
It was already extensively documented for Mexico by the OHCHR in the '90, but finding names is easier said than done!

Now, for the gentleman in The Doe Network: Case File 1401DMMX
with such limited info, the lack of date and the year, enforced disappearance is a possibility I can not exclude.

He may or may not be a disappeared. But I can't write off this hypothesis.

ETA: I don't have all the family names, which limits my research in the Mexican registry for disappeared.

Last edited:
Ok, they don't have any result before 1992 RNPED

For our gentleman The Doe Network: Case File 1401DMMX I haven't found a way to cross data.

ETA: I wrote to the association Fuerzas Unidas por Nuestros Desaparecidos en Coahuila to inquire about his story and the circumstances of his disappearance.
Therefore, I can have a first opinion if it's a possible match or a blatant rule-out.
Because the interval between his DLC and the UID discovery is not enough for ruling him out. Especially as he could have changed appearance in the US.
The estimated by US ME can be off, and it's not uncommon even with the best intentions.
Estimated age off, height and weight offs, we already saw it.
For this very reason, I inquired about Abel Ernesto Moreno to the Mexican association Desaparecidos en Cohahuila. In Spanish, as I speak enough Spanish for this task.

Narco criminals were responsible of enforced disappearances in the '80s.
While most detained-disappeared are buried nearby, keep in mind that crossing the borders for hiding detained-disappeared bodies is much more common than we can expect.
Thinking that ""they are buried nearby, it's improbable to get them out of the country" is a mistake made by beginners.
I overstate, such reasoning does not downplay this human rights violation. It's a mistaken reasoning I made too when I started getting interested at enforced disappearances. It is a beginners' mistake, not a way of downplaying the issue.
When you start learning about enforced disappearances, many, if not all, make this mistake.
You deserve compassion towards yourself: you made a mistake, yes, and it's human. You can give yourself the same compassion as you give to your family, friends, victims....
Self-compassion is "I made a mistake, and I can work on it. However, I am not a bad person". The same compassion you'd give to your friend.
Improving yourself, yes. However, beating yourself up because you made a mistake is unhealthy and unhelpful.
I have plenty of work in the area of self-compassion too!

Last edited:
A couple of sources mention the cause of death explicit. An heroin overdose.

Diego Perez

He also used the alias "Julio Costa-Laso"

DiegoPerezJDFlyer.png

The address mentioned on the drivers license is where the Salvation Army is housed in Austin, Texas. As far as I could find a Texas drivers license is valid for 6 years. They don't say it's a counterfeited drivers license so it was issued in 1993 (if in those day had the same validity).

There is no illegible tattoo. You can see a woman's head, pretty clear.

In the urban dictionary "owl" could mean, among other things of course, a (computer) hacker or a joint.

For convenience:
INS = Immigrant and Naturalization Service
ICE = Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Thank you for the comparison! I agree there isn't much resemblance in that picture, but IMHO the picture from his ID shares more resemblance to the Albuquerque guy.
Yeah, I was just now reading back through her thread. I do see more resemblance to some of his other photos. Wouldn’t that be something if it were him!

Did you mean to make a comparison between missing person Abel Moreno? Because you put in his picture instead of John Doe.
OMG! I’m so embarrassed. :oops: You’re right! I pasted the wrong photo in my message. Thank you for catching that!

Ok, they don't have any result before 1992 RNPED

For our gentleman The Doe Network: Case File 1401DMMX I haven't found a way to cross data.

ETA: I wrote to the association Fuerzas Unidas por Nuestros Desaparecidos en Coahuila to inquire about his story and the circumstances of his disappearance.
Therefore, I can have a first opinion if it's a possible match or a blatant rule-out.
Because the interval between his DLC and the UID discovery is not enough for ruling him out. Especially as he could have changed appearance in the US.
The estimated by US ME can be off, and it's not uncommon even with the best intentions.
Estimated age off, height and weight offs, we already saw it.
For this very reason, I inquired about Abel Ernesto Moreno to the Mexican association Desaparecidos en Cohahuila. In Spanish, as I speak enough Spanish for this task.

Narco criminals were responsible of enforced disappearances in the '80s.
While most detained-disappeared are buried nearby, keep in mind that crossing the borders for hiding detained-disappeared bodies is much more common than we can expect.
Thinking that ""they are buried nearby, it's improbable to get them out of the country" is a mistake made by beginners.
I overstate, such reasoning does not downplay this human rights violation. It's a mistaken reasoning I made too when I started getting interested at enforced disappearances. It is a beginners' mistake, not a way of downplaying the issue.
When you start learning about enforced disappearances, many, if not all, make this mistake.
You deserve compassion towards yourself: you made a mistake, yes, and it's human. You can give yourself the same compassion as you give to your family, friends, victims....
Self-compassion is "I made a mistake, and I can work on it. However, I am not a bad person". The same compassion you'd give to your friend.
Improving yourself, yes. However, beating yourself up because you made a mistake is unhealthy and unhelpful.
I have plenty of work in the area of self-compassion too!
The association replied to me. However, they did struggle with understanding what's Websleuths despite my link and my explanations in Spanish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back