CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
King is so out of order. Closing arguments are NOT evidence. He needs to stop interrupting and attempting to get B off course. Judge should sanction King.

The closing argument should be allowed to flow. Not be stopped every five minutes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately..I've been watching trial's for decades..and It happen's all the time..BUT in THIS CASE..Def. is constantly (Obviously) to disrupt not to mention create a record for appeal...But in the end it doesn't matter in this case..as IT's Not in question IF the defendant ( that Guy) did the massacre...SMHead!!!!

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Defense witnesses were all hired, not certified in forensic psychiatry.

@larryryckman: Brauchler now attacking credentials of defense witness Dr. Woodcock. #theatershooting

Woodcock's CV was not admitted into evidence - that says something.

@pstenser: #TheaterShooting DA arguing, over objection, the defense witnesses all allowed defense to guide/alter their work. http://t.co/rIXbgIhnjO

This guys saw JH 4 days after the murders.

He tells the professionals online dating doesn't work.

@larryryckman: Brauchler notes that Woodcock's resume is the only expert whose resume was not admitted as evidence. #theatershooting

@larryryckman: Another bench conference with King and Brauchler. #theatershooting http://t.co/bIeT6tpFEq

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436906588.907298.jpg

GB down to his last 30 mins. He should have the time added on that the ridiculous defence objections took away from him!

He does have 30 mins to use after the defence closing though.

Schizophrenia diagnosis - withdraw from society. He says he was making efforts to remain socially acitve. They failed.

JH says he hates everyone in the notebook, GChat, "Woe is me"

He's catatonic except for riding his bike to school, turning in work, making rent payments, working out.

@larryryckman: DA dismisses suggestion that JH was catatonic, notes that he continues paying bills and riding bike to school. #theatershooting

Denied thoughts of control, no voices, doesn't know why he dyed his hair. No mention of "not me"

@larryryckman: DA says there's no reference to a "mission" until Dr. Gur. #theatershooting

I wonder if anyone will object when King speaks.

King doing this so jury will lose their train of thought? I think the jury will be mad because of all the interruptions by King.

Sit down and stay down Mr. King.

Judge is wonderful in explaining to jury that the PT and attorneys are just showing them their recollection of the evidence and its up to the jury to use their own memory of the testimony and their own judgement of the evidence.

This was a great way for the judge to handle this nit picking by DT.

@larryryckman: DA on Woodcock: "5 days after he opines that this guy is insane.. he goes and visits him in the jail for an entire hour." #theatershooting

Woodcock can't tell us anything about JH before April 2013.

Nothing about capacity, intentions, act knowingly.

@pstenser: #TheaterShooting DA on defense star expert psychiatrist Dr. Gur: “She is ill-suited for this function.” Watch live: http://t.co/rIXbgIhnjO

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 37s38 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Woodcock can't tell us anything about JH before April 2013.

He even admitted he "CAPITULATED" when def. team denied him access to parent's...Tells the TALE!!

ETA!The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Dr Gur serves a purpose but not here. She didn't interview his parents before saying he was insane.

This is what jumps out to me..Her immediate conclusion and opinion of Insanity...based on impression ( biased) not Factually based!! Speaks volumes to what Def. team did in this case...Limited information THEIR experts got!!..SMHead!

King doing this so jury will lose their train of thought? I think the jury will be mad because of all the interruptions by King.

fingers crossed :blushing:

@pstenser: #TheaterShooting DA on defense star expert psychiatrist Dr. Gur: “She is ill-suited for this function.” Watch live: http://t.co/rIXbgIhnjO

@larryryckman: Brauchler now attacking Dr. Gur and her failure to interview JH parents until just before jury selection. #theatershooting

2 mo before jury selection she talks to parents and doesn't record evaluation.

@larryryckman: Brauchler criticizing Gur's 12 pages of notes and her 14-page report. #theatershooting

She spent only 13.5 hrs with JH, 12 pages of notes before declaring him insane. Her notes came after Metzner & Reid.

Brauchler pointing out inconsistencies in Gur's notes and what she testified to

@larryryckman: Brauchler re Dr. Gur: "What we need here is not essence, we need facts." #theatershooting

I will be objecting. And I might even wave my fist at the screen!!

@larryryckman: Brauchler re Dr. Gur: "What we need here is not essence, we need facts." #theatershooting

Gur recalls hallucinations. Not documented in notes but in report.

@larryryckman: Brauchler re Gur: She's probably great in academia and research, but "this requires a different skill set." #theatershooting

"A call for action" by JH comes up with Gur. Not before.

Gordon Cowden, single father , shot in the head and killed. RIP Gordon.

@larryryckman: Brauchler reminds jurors that #theatershooting victim Gordon Cowden was a father. http://t.co/LXNKOm9Bt9

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436907398.741110.jpg

@larryryckman: Brauchler is now stressing credentials of Dr. Metzner, 1 of 2 state-ordered docs to determine JH was sane. #theatershooting

Metzner has been court appointed 80% of time. He's board certified in forensic psychiatry. Well prepared before interview

120 pg report generated. Detailed analysis and said he is sure JH had capacity to know right/wrong on July 20, 2012

Dr Reid - board cert. forensic psychiatry. He's testfied for criminal defendants mostly.

@larryryckman: Brauchler is now reminding jurors that Dr. Reid has done dozens of sanity evaluations. Often testifies for defense. #theatershooting

@larryryckman: "This guy knows sanity, and he knows insanity." Brauchler says of Dr. Reid. Reid found JH sane. #theatershooting

This guy knows sanity/insanity. 23 hours of video recording he did - You heard JH answer questions.

OHHH Geesh..Enflaming the jury objection..GMAB....THEIR client's actions enflamed the FACTS!! (Over-ruled) because it's factual...SMH!!

Mr. G is using an excellent approach of bringing up the victims every now and then and explaining their injuries they suffered. He is not flooding the jury all in a row. He is purposely spreading them out amonst other summaries so they dont get overwhelmed.

Its a great approach and it is also how they did the whole trial.

This closing is the best closing I have ever heard in any case.

Jury likely taking offense at King's incessant objections. Jury also notes how the judge rules on those annoying objections. Typically when a jury begins to dislike a defense attorney's behavior, they take it out on the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove