CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai beat me to it lol!

I've had the profiles saved on my phone since the beginning of the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you do it all on phone boggles my little mind 😳

I was able to listen to most of today's closing arguments because I had to leave work at noon today for an orthodontist appointment (how lucky did I get?) and I got home around the same time Mr B started his arguments. I thought he did a GREAT job and his rebuttal brought all the nonsense Mr. King said back down to earth! A+

Yay!! I truly tried with king but I just couldn't do it 😩

How you do it all on phone boggles my little mind [emoji15]

I had to use my laptop. Everything went wrong when I was trying to watch the end of GB's closing and my laptop was the only thing to work.

Saying that, maybe I should have just let you think I am super clever lol!

How you do it all on phone boggles my little mind [emoji15]

I colored while I listened and mostly zoned out during his part lol

ETA: coloring is my favorite go-to stress/anxiety reducer :)

Thanks everyone for posting, comments, opinions and the funnies too! See you tomorrow. Thursday would be the earliest I think for a verdict.

Me too. How much time do we have until Mr B is up again? I'd like to set my timer to come back then. Mr. King is spinning his wheels.

Surely, Chelly, he can't be scoring any points. He's got nothing to pitch, but he is trying his best -- you can't make sugar out of $#!&. I would love to get a look at the jurors' faces... Is anyone in the jury box buying it?

Surely, Chelly, he can't be scoring any points. He's got nothing to pitch, but he is trying his best -- you can't make sugar out of $#!&. I would love to get a look at the jurors' faces... Is anyone in the jury box buying it?

I think this is a smart jury. I doubt the jurors will fall for JH's insanity defense, particularly as presented by King. I often wonder how a smarter defense attorney would have handled this case. Can't wait to hear from the jurors after verdict, but then I'm getting ahead of myself. First we need a verdict.

I had an eye doctor appointment scheduled for Friday (jury's day off). The office called this afternoon and told me it had to be moved up to tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3:30 p.m. Now, I'm praying the verdict doesn't come down while I'm having my eye exam. I don't want to miss the verdict. Dare I ask if the office has wifi I can use?

My internet has given up. I can't get any live feed to work. I'm so annoyed!!!

I just backed out of everything -- all was just stuck -- and restarted. Fine now -- but things just got stuck & enter or click did not work and I was pizzed.

give 'em he!! George!

:) Yours has more information! Thanks!!!

Ok folks, verdict watch starts tomorrow morning! I hope we all end up being here together when it is read.

DITTO on the above. Hope to see everyone whenever we hear that a verdict is in.

I had to miss the final PT rebuttal so will try to watch replay of that before tomorrow.

So glad the DT is done. LOL
That DT lawyer sure was rough to listen to.

Hopefully the jury will see things like most of us saw them.
Goodnight everyone.

OT - wonder if anyone else noticed this other story in the news recently-

This kid sounds a bit like other mass shooters with a history of mental illness (Elliott Rodger, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, JH), with the twist that he started getting involved in Islam.

His dad, who is a police captain, apparently notified the authorities that his son was making comments about being involved in Islam and had a history or mental health issues. Then the FBI got involved and the kid was finally arrested after buying a bunch of weapons from an undercover cop. They found bomb making material in his house and evidence that he was planning a massacre at a college (bombs and shooting). He was inspired by the Boston Bombers' methods, as well as Islamic ideology.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...kGL/story.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article

I am quite impressed that his father turned him in. It seems he most likely averted another mass killing.

Maybe people are finally starting to learn from all these cases, and pay more attention to warning signs. At least some people are... and when they know what a warning sign is.

If you check out that link I posted - his eyes in that photo make him look like a real nutter.

I missed closing arguments. = ( I really wanted to be here for them and for verdict watch as well but, I have to work...Today.. tomorrow.. Thursday! Really sucks since Ive been here pretty much every day since the beginning but.. someone has to feed the kids! lol I'll be with you in spirit and checking in at night. I hope the jury makes the right decision.. Praying for them and all the victims and their families!
Thanks for letting me follow along with all of you great people! Its been a pleasure!!! HUGS!!! = )
I'll pop in and out when I can.

I will take the symbolic verdict...fine...that is what many of the victims deserve.

Hi all, trying to catch up but had to respond to this post.

ITA Turaj, symbolic or otherwise, this defendant deserves the DP PERIOD; he knew exactly what he was doing--he set out to kill as many innocent people as he could in one setting while ensuring he was safe having to suffer from the same horrific fate. Why? Because he has mental health problems that included low self esteem, an inability to handle being rejected for graduate program, and because he was suffering from depression, not because he was insane.

I colored while I listened and mostly zoned out during his part lol

ETA: coloring is my favorite go-to stress/anxiety reducer :)

I tried to occupy my mind with anything and everything but King kept coming in loud....that was soooooooooooo painful! Not enough Advil in my house for him.....

I just backed out of everything -- all was just stuck -- and restarted. Fine now -- but things just got stuck & enter or click did not work and I was pizzed.

give 'em he!! George!

my computer did freeze at one point during King---normally I'd panic but restarted it and King was still going on and on and on....and on....

Phil Tenser ‏@pstenser · 4m4 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting court published the instructions the jurors need to follow as they start deliberations today: https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...8th_Courts/12CR1522/011/Jury Instructions.pdf …

Colorado News ‏@_ColoradoNews_ · 16m16 minutes ago
#Colorado #News #theatershooting gunman’s fate now in the jury’s hands:
var addthis_product = 'wpp-261';
var ... http://tinyurl.com/q988sa8

Congress Park Denver ‏@InCongressPark · 5m5 minutes ago
#theatershooting gunman’s fate now in the jury’s hands http://ift.tt/1HMysAy

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 5m5 minutes ago
Jury deliberations set to begin in Aurora, CO #theatershooting trial of James Holmes. Reports all day on @msnbc.

Caren Teves ‏@carenteves · 2m2 minutes ago
"There will never be justice, but let there be truth." -Anita Busch cousin to Micayla Medek, killed in #theatershooting

I wonder how the alternate jurors will pass the time while the jury are deliberating. I can imagine they might be really bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member