CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only watched 3 trials. I've never seen this before. It smells of desperation to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a number of trials from several different states -- I have never seen where each side gets to review the other side's closing... (other than in Co).

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

We expect Brauchler to break up his 2 hours for closings and save some time for rebuttal at the end.

Therapy dogs for the jury?? I doubt it....more likely for the victims and families.

Therapy dogs can and could be use for both the Victims, Family Members and Jurors.

Are they back yet?
Guess they'll break for lunch now, then start after.

Therapy dogs can and could be use for both the Victims, Family Members and Jurors.

Totally agree--I remember running into one at the hospital (I had to get wound cleaning)---then later went to see my mom--same group! They were great.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago says families cried while names of #theatershooting victims were read in instructions. She also tells us therapy dogs are on hand

Thats wonderful to hear about the dogs being there.

I am so happy to hear that. :)

I have to laugh as I finally got to bring up the trial and they immediately go to lunch. Grrrrrr LOL :)

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting judge says lunch break makes most sense. Will bring jury in to see how late they can stay

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting Judge needs more time to review defense's objections to DA's closings. Jury brought in to determine how late they can stay.

AuroraShootingTrial ‏@Aurora_Sentinel · 38s39 seconds ago
#Aurora #TheaterTrial Update: Clash over @GeorgeBrauchler PowerPoint precedes closing arguments #TheaterShooting http://bit.ly/1L6E6V4

Phil Tenser ‏@pstenser · 52s53 seconds ago
#Theatershooting closings on hold until after lunch. Will resume at 1pm. During break, we’ve got content and replays: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver · 1m1 minute ago
Jury going to lunch. Closing arguments in #TheaterShooting trial start at 1pm. http://denver.cbslocal.com/aurora-theater

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 37s37 seconds ago
Closing arguments in #theatershooting trial now delayed until at least 1p MT.

NewsRadio 850 KOA ‏@850KOA · 41s41 seconds ago
Judge pushes closing arguments in the #theatershooting trial until 1 p.m. Listen at http://850koa.com/live when they happen.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Jurors all indicate they can stay as late as 6 p.m. today. Judge gives them 1 hour lunch break. #theatershooting

Chad Hoffman ‏@850KOAChad · 1m1 minute ago
Judge pushes closing arguments in the #theatershooting trial until 1 p.m. Listen at http://850koa.com/live when they happen.

This is nutz -- I've never seen this before -- your closing arguments are yours, and mine are mine -- IMO. I feel sure that Mr. B is not going to put a bloodbath up there.

And as he did in his opening, he can flip the slides quickly while he is speaking.

This I didn't expect at all. Poor Judge Samour -- nothing about this whole thing has been easy. Whew. And I'll bet King is ready to spit fire.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 50s50 seconds ago
Judge plans on being back around 12:15 or 12:20 w/ ruling on Def. objections to #TheaterShooting DA's closings. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1HtoMvA

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Judge tells jurors to resist the temptation to begin thinking about the case and deliberating. #theatershooting

This is a very feeble attempt to break the prosecution closing and delay it and then everything will be after lunch and thus his rebuttal closing will be at the end of a very long day....King can do what he wants he is so weak compared to GB...he might get the judge to modify a couple of things but doubt GB will have to do much. I just can't imagine defending this . Not a fan of death penalty here but this one should get it.

Anyone have an opinion on some of the thoughts that are going around about GB rejecting the plea to further his political aspirations?? Apparently this has alot of traction in Colorado. He may well have those aspirations and clearly he has shown how capable he is but I understand that a large number of victims and families suppport this process and wanted their day in court. Any thoughts?

This is nutz -- I've never seen this before -- your closing arguments are yours, and mine are mine -- IMO. I feel sure that Mr. B is not going to put a bloodbath up there.

And as he did in his opening, he can flip the slides quickly while he is speaking.

This I didn't expect at all. Poor Judge Samour -- nothing about this whole thing has been easy. Whew. And I'll bet King is ready to spit fire.

Just takes up so much time---hope his tummy grumbles as he delivers he closing---

I don't think I've ever watched a trail where the defense didn't delay, delay, delay.....

And, sorry, but if a juror needs a therapy dog during deliberations then that juror needs to be replaced. IMO

This is a very feeble attempt to break the prosecution closing and delay it and then everything will be after lunch and thus his rebuttal closing will be at the end of a very long day....King can do what he wants he is so weak compared to GB...he might get the judge to modify a couple of things but doubt GB will have to do much. I just can't imagine defending this . Not a fan of death penalty here but this one should get it.

Anyone have an opinion on some of the thoughts that are going around about GB rejecting the plea to further his political aspirations?? Apparently this has alot of traction in Colorado. He may well have those aspirations and clearly he has shown how capable he is but I understand that a large number of victims and families suppport this process and wanted their day in court. Any thoughts?

I think you could go both ways depending on which way you choose. I'm in favor of the death penalty, however, it is very rarely used--if you aren't going to follow thru with it, don't use it

I don't think I've ever watched a trail where the defense didn't delay, delay, delay.....

And, sorry, but if a juror needs a therapy dog during deliberations then that juror needs to be replaced. IMO

I'm thinking they are there more for the actual victims of the shooter---they are there for closing

But then again where were they the other day when the jurors view the shooter naked????

NewsRadio 850 KOA ‏@850KOA · 2m2 minutes ago
Prosecution closing argument now schd for 1pm mtn time in the #theatershooting trial. Continuous live coverage: http://850koa.com/live

Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley · 2m2 minutes ago
In opening #theatershooting statements, Brauchler used 837 slides. Now 859 for closing. Plus theater seats, bags of evidence and thtr model

I really do not think this is about GB's future. The defense will say that just to make it look that is what GB is doing.

The State had a GREAT team...the Defense lawyers, individually are good but they are not a team. The team work is not there...they seem to be fighting each other and do not work together. They do not even talk to each other...watch the State, they communicate, the Defense does not.

The defense has done delay tactics all along, throwing anything against the wall. They just do not want the evidence to come in again and again to remind the jury their client is a murderer. They do not want their clients words to come back into play and have GB say them or have them on the slides.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member