CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense attorney Katherine Spengler takes over opening statement from public defender Dan King.

bd431a97-2ed3-4966-b74f-b5414e22a838_800.png

About defense attorney Katherine Spengler: She graduated from CU Law in 2002. She is adjunct faculty at CU Law teaching trial advocacy and has also lectured about opening statements, but is not teaching this semester. Also defended Austin Sigg, who killed and dismembered Jessica Ridgeway. He was sentenced to life in prison.

images.scribblelive.com/2015/4/27/6ed6af70-fad7-49f3-a9bc-bdc3500a236c_800.jpg

Defense Attorney Katherine Spengler: James Holmes had homicidal thoughts as a child.

says there is no single presentation of schizophrenia, everyone's is different

in his 20's had a decline in function......

came to colorado in spring of 2011 at 23......

sorry, multi-tasking here....and quite frankly she's not saying much that's new....

maybe she just wanted to show off a new suit?

Defense atty Spengler: "He was living in reality but his mind was divorced from reality"

11/11/12 did backward somersault with cup balanced on his penis

ate luncheon meat from between 2 flattened cups, ate cups too, licking walls

I had to stop watching....and maybe I'm having a "blonde" moment...are you being sarcastic or did this happen? I'm so confused!

I had to stop watching....and maybe I'm having a "blonde" moment...are you being sarcastic or did this happen? I'm so confused!
my hand to god......a direct quote

eta.....now i know how court reporters feel when they have to keep a straight face :floorlaugh:

James Holmes suffered a mental break in the spring and summer of 2012, Defense Attorney Katherine Spengler said.

I just don't believe he is insane,not at the time of the shooting.

I will concede he has mental issues but i will never believe he didn't know what he was doing, not in a million years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. To me, he acted like a punk in the interview with LE.

I am finally setup to watch it and seeing it on live link. I am actually offended by this woman who is talking now.

She is talking really quietly and softly like we are supposed to feel sorry for him.

Gimee a break. The only people I feel sorry for are the victims.

Lock this punk up for life or death sentence is fine for me.

Holmes' mental break was caused by psychological stressors, including the breakup with his girlfriend and social phobias, defense attorney says.

Anyone else getting a Nurmi vibe from this character?.....

Yes, he was lumbering around somewhat at the outset, both vocally and physically. His verbal delivery definitely improved as he went along. The woman who followed him, who is still speaking as I type, was a more effective communicator from the get go.

Holmes started seeing shadows and hallucinating in the early months of 2012, defense attorney says.

Holmes started believing in idea of "human capital" - that killing others would increase his self worth. Experts agree that is delusional thinking, defense says.

dogface

that was seriously what was said, i swear......

no one at all was tweeting so i just started taking down exactly what was being said on the stream....so that those with no stream could follow

and that was it..........:floorlaugh:

"We don't have to make a guess about his mental state, we have documentation leading up to the shooting," defense attorney says.

First counselor who saw Holmes, Margaret Roth, said "He is the most anxious guy she's ever seen," per defense.

Stupid question -- is Colorado Pacific time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer