CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank everyone for the tweets, comments, and observations (like Niner, I have BW issues also and cannot view the trial) :( )

I won't be here during the daytime because I am posting tweets on the Boston Bombing trial, but I plan to read here every night.

I have a few question( from what I gathered from the tweets, comments, etc) :

What is "techno" music ?

Where did he get napalm?

And a couple of comments:

He said he had a “long standing hatred of mankind.”. Wonder why he felt that way and for how long. (I don't particularly have a liking of him right now, but I will reserve judgement for now as I do believe that some people do have mental illnesses that cloud their judgement - don't know if that's the case here yet).

I find it interesting that he "wants to research firearms laws and mental illness and body armor". It kinda leads me to believe at this time, that he planned to seek the mental illness mentality and because of the body armor, had no inclinations of "suicide by cop" at the time of the shooting. :moo:

:tyou: again for all the info.

(Bolded By ME)

He MADE the Napalm. My mind is officially boggled.

He went to some considerable lengths to conceal what he was up to during the extensive 'planning' phase. He spread out purchases over time and different places, concealed his activities, and so on. That suggests he new what he was planning was wrong. Whether he knew, by the time he was killing all those people and injuring many more, that what he was doing was wrong is another question. It is almost impossible for me to believe he was sane enough to put his planning into effect in the way he did, but too insane at the same moment, to know it was wrong.

All that body armour, etc...it is my impression that he intended to kill every single person in that theatre room. The protective gear covered every inch of his body and head, apparently. That would possibly have protected him against most weapons people might carry to watch a Batman film in their local cinema, but not neccessarily weapons carried by armed police or the kind of armed police/agents that we might expect or even hope would attend reports of a mass shooting.

As to actual evidence relating to his intentions re his own survival, (his writings, etc) I do not recall the prosecutor mentioning anything that suggested he intended to survive or suicide by cop, but my mind was on two things while listening so I may have missed it, but after going back to his vehicle, he did not make any further effort to flee the scene.

Good Morning and thank you for all the updates and links. I see many 'faces' I know here :) What time does it start today? TIA
Coffee on me :cup:

I ended up missing probably most of the defence opening once the female took over did I miss much?

I am guessing we start with witness testimony today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techno:
I listen to Techno/trance. I love the thumping bass and overlying swirly layers but mostly I likelike the non -linear aspect of it. Stimulates my brain and I am my most productive at writing or data crunching when I listen to trance.

I listen to many musical genres, and that is just one of them. Like anything else there is a wide spectrum of quality and style.

I am really curious which artists he listened to.

Waits eagerly for 830 MST.

Good Morning and thank you for all the updates and links. I see many 'faces' I know here :) What time does it start today? TIA
Yum! Thanks for the cuppa, coffeejunkie. Trial starts 9 mountain time which is 55 minutes from right now.

Got chores. See yawl in about an hour.:loveyou:

10:30 Eastern (as the entire world can figure out what time in their time zone with eastern reference right?) :floorlaugh:

I ended up missing probably most of the defence opening once the female took over did I miss much?

I am guessing we start with witness testimony today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The prosecutor mentioned that a man, Caleb Medley, who had his eye shot out and is in a wheelchair will be testifying today, so yes.

He really did well before he entered his last program, as over 3.9 GPA at UCRiverside

UnivOfCalifRiversideNeuro.JPG
www.abc.com

Good morning! I'll be watching off and on today but would really like to see and hear every bit of this trial... Is there a place where there's full video to watch later on? thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/movie-theater-shooting/shooting-trial-revelations-7-new-things-we-learned-from-opening-statements-in-theater-shooting-trial

1. Two forensic psychiatrists picked by state mental hospital .... both say he was sane.............

2. The notebook the defendant sent to his psychiatrist.............

3. .... briefly considered attacking an airport but didn't want it labeled as terrorism. He wanted the message to be "there is no message," .....Holmes ......... ranked theaters based on number of exits... avoided theaters with 4 or more exits and looked for lockable double doors to increase the number of victims.......

ETA: Edited to snip so not copyright issue... :seeya: Coldpizza.. :tyou: .more at link

ETA: They are now doing a review of yesterday prior to start of court at any minute at http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/movie-theater-shooting/caleb-medley-aurora-movie-theater-shooting-victim-to-testify-tuesday-in-trial-of-james-holmes

Caleb Medley, Aurora movie theater shooting victim, to testify Tuesday in trial of James Holmes
Medley was seriously in shooting, but survived

ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. - An aspiring comic who was shot and seriously injured during the Aurora movie theater shooting in 2012 is expected to be one of the first witnesses to testify Tuesday.

Caleb Medley performed in a contest at Comedy Works on July 18, 2012 and did well enough to advance to the next round.

One night later, he and his wife Katie went to the midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora as a last date before officially becoming parents.

That night, Caleb was shot in the head.

Officer Justin Grizzle testified during a January 2013 hearing that on his third trip to the hospital, transporting theater shooting victims, he took Caleb to University Hospital.

Grizzle said he would yell at Medley every time Medley stopped breathing.

"Don't f---ing die on me ... don't f---ing die on me," Grizzle said.

Caleb survived. He lost his right eye, had brain damage and was put in a medically-induced coma.

Katie went into labor three days after the attack.

The couple's first child, Hugo, was born in the same hospital where Caleb was being treated.

During opening statements at the theater shooting trial on Monday, District Attorney George Brauchler told jurors that Caleb would be among the first witnesses to take the stand. ............................
..more at link with video also

Here we go, trial has started

good morning everyone, i see i'm just in time :seeya:

3294c02a-23a3-485d-a06d-9690701e7a54_800.jpg

Aurora movie theater shooting survivor Caleb Medley to testify today in trial of James Holmes.

The first witness has just been called. It is Katie Medley, wife of Caleb.

Here are the charges that pertain to Caleb Medley, who is expected to testify today:
COUNT 47-Criminal Attempt to Cornmit Murder in the First Degree (F2)
COUNT 105-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)

Here are the charges that pertain to Katie Medley, who just took the stand:
COLINT 41-Crirninal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)
COLNT 99-Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder in the First Degree (F2)

Likes0

She saw someone come in the back door and throw in a canister. It was thrown over their heads. She threw Asley to the ground. The canister exploded behind here and the gunshots started immediately after.

First witness called by the prosecution is Caleb Medley's wife, Katie. She was 9-months pregnant when the shooting occurred.

Katie Medley: "We decided we weren't going to go to the movie that night, but I watched him watch that commercial and his eyes were glued to the TV and I could tell he wanted to go."

Katie Medley: "We got there about 10 o'clock because we thought there would be a big line... there was hardly anyone there... we went to the arcade... played games to pass the time."

Katie Medley said she chose a seat close to the exit because she was 9-months pregnant and was concerned about going into labor.

Prosecutor asked Katie Medley if she noticed anything unusual before the shooting: "For us, it was that there were a lot of children in the theater."

Katie Medley: "Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway were on screen... we were just watching the movie and I noticed the exit to our right opened up, a little bit of light came through... I saw someone step in and throw a canister into the air."

Katie Medley said she leaned over and told her friend Ashley she thought it was going to be a prank at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass